Finally I Can Wear a Two Piece with Confidence - Williamstown, NJ

I am currently scheduled for a tummy tuck in 2...

I am currently scheduled for a tummy tuck in 2 days well 12/23/10 to be exact. I am 30 years old with 3 kids. I had my first child, my son when I was 17. My body bounced back and I was 90lbs after having him. I was ok with this but I had stretch marks on the sides of my stomach. When I had my daughter at 20 I gained more than I wanted and could not get the weight off. I reached 175 almost 2 years after having her. I did get stretch marks on the middle of my stomach for this pregnancy as well. When I was getting married 5 years ago I wanted to lose weight but I only lost 10lbs. I was a size 14 when I got married from a size 16. 3 years ago I had my last child and I had to get a c-section as the cord was wrapped around his neck.

The scar I recieved from this pregnancy was rather high and by this time my stomach began to hang over wear the incision was. I finally decided to lose more weight and went to the gym with my husband. I even signed up for a personal trainer. I am now down to 145 at 5'2. I lost more inches than weight but i am now down to a size 6. I have been on vacations and I still wear a shirt to cover up my stomach that looks like Freddie Kruger slashed it with stretch marks.

My husband and my family think I look great but I want to be able to not wear a girdle to hide my rolls. I want to be able to not have to wear a shirt over my bathing suit and actually show it and walk down the beach with confidence that I look good.

My surgery is in less than 2 days and I have to admit I am scared that I will not look right but I hope my surgery goes well and I will update you in a few days!

Updated on 28 Dec 2010

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

You are looking great! I'm almost 3 months. Love the tat idea.
i forgot to say to everyone who can see this message.... i'm a new member here, but i been checking this site out for at least a year
Hi, i know it's been some time since you have had your tummy tuck by dr. adrian lo but, i'm scheduled to have a tummy tuck with him on 2/16/12 ( 17 days) and i'm extra nervous! i read a nice amount of bad reviews on dr. adrian lo and just needed a little reassuring. everything went fine with my consultation however now that i'm getting closer to the date i'm going back reading these reviews again, and people are saying he butchered their bodies and all types of terrible things. this is a serious procedure and i just would like to know what your experience was. thankyou so much. oh and by the way, i think he did a good job on your tummy tuck and i have to say that i only went for a consult with him because of your pictures. before i seen your pictures, checked his website out at least 20 times but when i read the bad reviews i decided i wouldn't even schedule a consult.
I read the same reviews you did about him and I was skeptical at first. I saw a surgeon before him (Evan Sorokin) that made me feel like I was a million pounds. When I went to Dr. Lo he made me feel comfortable and I knew it did not matter what others said I felt he was the right choice. Alot of the reviews were for breast surgeries and not tummy tucks. It has been a year since my procedure and let me tell you I love it and people notice. You only loose about 2-3 lbs when they do the surgery and since my procedure I have worked out and lost 20lbs. My stomach is still flat. I just started my tattoo to cover the scar and I finally feel comfortable in my own skin. Dr. Lo had great bedside manner and anytime I felt something was not right he told me to come in immediately. His staff were great and kind to me so I hope things go just as well for you and can't wait to see your results!!!
oh my goodness, that makes me feel much better coming from you since you used Dr Lo. every time i looked for reviews i would always see breast surgeries also, no tummy tucks besides yours and one other woman who was i believe in her fifties. ok i'm going to go ahead with the surgery. but i am extremely terrified of being put to sleep, so i'm having it done in the hospital with a spinal. yes! i will be totally awake, a few people think i'm crazy for that but i can handle it. that's the only way i would do it. thanks for the information, i should be posting pictures very shortly of what my wonderful 5 kids did to my stomach. lol
You want to be awake? Seriously watch the procedure on youtube and then tell me again why you would want to be awake. I went under and it felt it was only for 5 minutes. They cut out skin lift it up sew your stomach muscles (you will feel this if you cough later on) and then put your belly button back on and sew you back up. You will not even know what happened when they put you to sleep so no need to be terrified. All of sudden you are talking, they tell you to take a deep breath and you are out. The best sleep I ever have is during surgery. Glad I could help ease your mind on the decision to choose him I will look for your updates!
i just noticed you updated your picture and your stomach looks really great. i thought it looked good before but now i'm really looking forward to my surgery February 16th. i hope mines turns out good too.
lol, i been watching tummy tuck videos over and over again for like over a year and i swear i have such a phobia about going to sleep, i'm scared i won't wake up. people keep telling me take something to relax myself but that will never happen because i have a problem with not being in control plus i can't tolerate it lol, i have had 4 c-sections and with my last one i had to have a vertical cut because of too much scar tissue and i was awake for every one of them. No pain medication after none of my c-sections and not because i want to be so tough, but seriously because i have a fear of not having control over my actions and i get extremely nauseous and very dizzy. when i had my second c-section i had a spinal and they combined it with a narcotic. i'm telling you, i slept for hours and couldn't even get up to take care of my daughter but i could hear everything that was happening around me. that freaked me out so bad, plus i kept throwing up and after having c-sections throwing up is the last thing you want to do. with c-sections 3&4 i had lidocaine only, no narcotics and my recovery was painful but i wasn't dizzy or throwing up and i wasn't extra tired. the next day i was offered toredol, which is the i.v. form of motrin and that just took the edge off and made me very happy. long explanation but that's the reason why i don't want to go to sleep. Dr Lo said he did one other tummy tuck with a spinal before and it went ok. hopefully it will go ok with me also. my first consult for a tummy tuck was in 2005 with dr. Mark Solomon but he said i had to have general so my fear kept me from getting it done. good thing to because i ended up having 2 more kids after that.
Girl you look great I hope the recovery coming along good!

Your tummy looks great!
hey how are you I'm home and doing very well little pain for me too.I had my drains out the next day boy those suck ass. they hurt the worse out of the hole thing.I posted pictuers so you have to see then hope they are up happy healing talk to you soon.
Thank you for the well wishes! I am home now and the pain is minimal so far. I am all wrapped up so I can't see my scar at all. the binder is kind of tight. The drains are good as I don't even feel them. I just have to have patience because I am swollen and see the results yet. Good Luck on your surgery and post some pics! I am going to put up my before pics tonight and I hope next week I can put up some after.

Let me know if you need any help putting up your photos!

Good luck. Hope you're doing fine. I'm also waiting for my tummy tuck schedule for 3-2-11
Good luck today, will be thinking of you and wishing you a smooth recovery.

I had mine done 12/20/2010 (:
Good luck today! Wishing you the best recovery ever!

Good luck today! We'll be thinking happy thoughts for you. :)

Thank you!!

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow.  We will be thinking about you and looking forward to hearing from you after surgery.

You will do just fine and come out with a beautiful new tummy.

Tomorrow's your big day! I'll be thinking of you. Please come back and let us know how you're feeling after. Virtual hugs!

Thank you!!
hey good luck to you on your surgery. I go tomorrow morning for mine. I'm not nervous at all so I must be really ready for this. take care
Yes tomorrow is D-day!! Mine is at 7:30 so I am excited. Let me know how you make out!