Easier Than I Thought - Wichita, KS

I just had Cellulaze done this past Friday. After...

I just had Cellulaze done this past Friday. After reading the reviews here and read about some of the complications some patients have reported on this site. I must admit I was quite scared to have the procedure done. In fact I was close to backing out and forfeiting the $4,400 I pre-paid.

Thankfully, I went ahead and went through with it and I am so very glad. The process itself was not painful except for the litocane (sp) shots to numb the area. I did have quite a bit of drainage however I only leaked until 3:00 am and by that time the drainage was over. I must admit that one of my biggest annoyances is avoiding alcohol especially during the NFL Playoffs (UGH). I did not need any pain medication afterwards even though I was given Lortab which I now have thrown away. I am still wearing my compression garment and today I am going in for a second lymphatic drainage session (I had one on Saturday).

I may be overly optimistic but it looks to me as if my incisions are sealed already but I am not sure. I do have a lot of bruising but am using Arnica gel to treat that and hopefully it will go away soon.

Just some extra info, I am 46 years old 5'5" 125 lbs and the area I had treated was the back part of my thigh on each leg. I am following the strict dietary restrictions they gave my but luckily I have been following a healthy eating and exercise program for many years. I was just tired of the stubborn cellulite that would not budge no matter how much I exercised or how healthfully I eat. I am very healthy and tend to be a fast healer and have never had any type of surgery before.

I recommend the procedure as it was not nearly as scary as I thought it would be. Indeed it was very tolerable and the Doctor and his assistant made me very comfortable. Also if it makes a difference I had the procedure done at a medical spa rather than a plastic surgeon's office. I was very comfortable and the Doctor and his assistant were amazing and so very kind. The procedure was easy and over before I knew it.

I apologize for not having pictures available. I am going to rate it as worth it for now, if I see now change I will change my rating,

Almost a week has passed since the procedure. I...

Almost a week has passed since the procedure. I am still doing very well. I have a significant amount of bruising but I am using Arnica gel to help with that. There is soreness but only if I accidentally put too much pressure on the bruised areas. The incisions have healed nicely.

I asked today during my follow up appointment how long it will be until I can ride horses again and was told 4-6 weeks. I ride Hunter/Jumper and am anxious to get back to jumping horses again.

I would like to wish anyone who is planning on having the Cellulaze the best of luck.

Thank you.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Still a little dore on the backs of my things but...

Still a little dore on the backs of my things but have recovered well. Still awaiting the final results.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Still awaiting results...

Still awaiting results...

Peaches46, somehow your review sneaked right past me! I saw the comment you posted today and clicked through to your profile and found it. Your profile picture caught my attention because I'm a rider too. Well, I haven't been actively riding the last couple of years, but I grew up doing it and showed hunt seat & dressage for years.

I'm assuming you are back in the irons. How did that go? Was it pretty uncomfortable, or not too bad?

Hello Megan, it is so wonderful to hear from you! I thank you so very much for your very kind message. Yes, I am back in the irons and riding again. The first ride back was a bit uncomfortable but I am doing much better now, thank you for asking. Having had taken that time off from riding I now have the arduous task of trying to rebuild the muscles in my legs. I am getting there slowly but surely and luckily Spring is on the way. :)

It really is amazing how quickly your muscles change, isn't it?! Or, at least how quickly they weaken, sometimes it seems to take forever to build them back up, haha!

Please keep us posted on how your recovery continues to go.

Dr. Davis

I have had many procedures done at this clinic. They always do a fantastic job.