Can't believe its already 6 Months!! - pictures - White Plains, NY

I've ALWAYS had a problem with my nose. I was born...

I've ALWAYS had a problem with my nose. I was born with a cute, small one, but as time went on it just seemed to get bigger and bigger. I now have a huge hump, bulbous drooping tip, it's a bit crooked, and wide at the bridge (phew if that wasn't enough) I have a deviated septum. Not sure if I should blame genetics, or my dad's elbow hitting my face a few x as a child (on accident!)

I've been made fun of, teased, even by family. I'm getting engaged in a month, and wish I had found Dr. C sooner. I was lucky enough to get in an appointment this week, and an opening next week, giving me a full month to recover/heal.

I think what I am most scared about right now is because my nose is so complicated, that it is harder to fix. I don't want it looking any worse than it does now, and then after surgery. Not being able to breathe through my nose! I already have anxiety, and hope that this just doesn't make it worse.

It's something I've ALWAYS wanted, and I'm glad I'm getting it done. I just want it to be over with already!!

So I'm one day post op and I'm already itching to...

So I'm one day post op and I'm already itching to see what my nose looks like. I was originally SO nervous, and had to stop myself from throwing up. The nurses and staff were so amazingly welcoming and sweet.

I was given some meds to prevent nausea and then some paperwork to sign. The scariest part was anesthesia and even that turned out to be a breeze. I remember trekking the staff "I'm feeling it" and then giggling and knocking out. I was told I walked to the recovery room but don't remember a thing!

I slept for most of the day, in and out. No real pain except for the throat where they out a tube. A little discomfort with the packing but that's about it. I haven't needed any pain meds yet. I took one before sleeping to knock me out, but not really for pain.

I go in tomorrow to get my packing taken out, and can't see much with this mustache gauze on. I'll update tomorrow! Hopefully I'll have some pics as well :)

So I got my cast removed today. What a shocker....

So I got my cast removed today. What a shocker. I'm still not used to it. I actually feel like I look kind of piggish from the front (which is why I haven't posted pics) and it's extremely swollen. No real shape to it yet. Hoping for the tip to drop just a little bit, and the bridge to thin out. As you can see it is a HUGE change from what I've been used to seeing for the past 26 years, so it will definitely take time getting used to. My cousin didn't even notice anything but the swelling in my face.

Any tips for swelling now that the cast has come off? My face as actually pretty good about swelling and bruising till now. Now I feel that it's starting to swell up (which I know was bound to happen) but I don't know if I'm ready to look in the mirror head on just yet!

So I posted a picture of my front. The area above...

So I posted a picture of my front. The area above my lip (cupids bow) is definitely swollen and my nose (the bridge and the top are swollen as well) The tip feels very hard and round so I'm guessing that is as well. I'm hoping that it is in fact swelling and subsides. My original nose i felt wasn't THIS big fron the front, a little slimmer I'd say, so I'm hoping that it'll at least go back down to that. With the swelling the tip to go down a very little bit.

Do you think it looks piggy?

I'm not sure if it's just me freaking out but I'm...

I'm not sure if it's just me freaking out but I'm hoping it's just swelling above my lip and nose that makes it look like my lip is being pulled upwards. When i go to purse my lips it does feel a little tight, but I feel that my top lip just looks tense, pulled up, and not natural. Has anyone else experienced this?

So the pulling of my lip has definitely gone down...

So the pulling of my lip has definitely gone down a bit, but the front just seems so extremely swollen. ESPECIALLY the tip. I don't see any major improvements and it's almost been 3 weeks on Tuesday. Anyone else experience this? I have 13 days till my big engagement party and would appreciate any words of encouragement :) I'm REALLY hoping this tip swelling reduces. My tip right now is very very hard!

I'm adding some pictures...

It's been a while! I just had my huge engagement...

It's been a while! I just had my huge engagement party last week and so happy with the way I look. The tip is still EXTREMELY swollen. The Dr gave me steroids to take a day before and the day of, but my health wasn't in the best condition, so I decided not to take them. I don't think I will at all - I'll just let nature take it's course! I think once the tip goes completely down I'll be fully satisfied. It's still hard and stiff. It's only been a month and I know it's only going to get better from here :)

It's been a while! I just had my huge engagement...

Hey guys, Just wanted to add a few more pictures!...

Hey guys,
Just wanted to add a few more pictures! I'm not sure if I'm absolutely in love yet, and I know I've had about 6 months to get used to it. Some days it looks great, and some days not so much. I feel like it's still swollen, and is most noticeable in flash pictures where I feel like the nose completely loses it's definition. I'm a makeup fanatic, so I've been trying to see if I can contour it to make it look thinner. The tip is definitely uneven when I smile. One half droops down a little more than the other, so I'm not sure if that's just the swelling bc it still is pretty stiff. I'm about 3 1/2 months late for my followup and finally have had time to schedule it. So I'll be going in this Monday. I'm going to ask him all of these questions while I'm there. I just haven't had time with wedding planning and such!

Anyways, here's some pictures!

So I FINALLY had my post-op followup 3 months...

So I FINALLY had my post-op followup 3 months after my scheduled, and it went great. Dr. C had the same opinions and concerns as I did, and wasn't one of those doctors who just said everything looked great to make him sound like he did an amazing job. Don't get me wrong, he did do an amazing job, but I had some small concerns about shape, definition, and swelling, which he did as well. I felt that my tip was still "fat" and so was the rest of my nose. He had assured me that it was still extremely swollen (even months later) and that I would definitely be seeing more definition as time passes. I told him that I liked the way my nose looked when the cast came off, and he told me that that was what I could expect in time.

He also felt that I had some scar tissue forming and gave me an injection to help with that and some of the swelling. I will have to go back in 6-8 weeks to see if I'll need another one. He didn't want to give me too much bc that could lead to permanent dentation. So hopefully this will help and I'll see some changes! I feel like I do already :)

Bobby!! Plzz update, its getting close to a year mark now and I would really like to see how your nose looks!
How is your nose doing now with swelling? You do look gorgeous! I am scheduled with Dr.C the next month and hope it goes well!
Please let us know in a week or so if the injections helped. Your nose looks great as is!
you and your new nose are beautiful. I am not sure what it looked like before from the front and side, can you please post some more "before" pictures, and also front and side pictures after your injection? Also, what do you mean by your nose going to one side when you smile? the shots you posted look fantastic to me, but i really want to know what mean about your concerns...
Your nose looks great!
aww thank you!
Your swollen tip loos like my permanent nose right now, lol. It looks really good right now - the length and tip refinement and everything - you should be very happy with your result especially knowing it will only improve from here. You already know this. :) Did you have anything done to the alar base?
I'm not sure about the alar base, but i'll be sure to ask when I go in! I've been so busy wedding planning and all of that that I havent even had a chacne to come on here so sorry for the delayed response! :) Thanks for the kind words
wow it looks much better. Did you have any frontal work done as well (tip/nostril tuck)?
Hey bobby,

I think your nose looks really nice! You could just be having some stubborn swelling in the tip, which I've heard is the last place to see fully go down. Some people are lucky and don't experience much swelling, but others just unfortunately take a long time to heal. I'm totally in that second category, so I know how you feel. The good thing is that it gets better day by day, and soon enough, you'll be the only one who even sees the difference that the swelling is making. I know some docs give their patients kenalog injections to help with the swelling, so if you're super worried, maybe you can ask your surgeon about that. Try to stay positive - you really do look great! :)
your nose looks great honestly.. it is a lot smaller but i don't think it's piggy like. Is the frontal view a huge difference from what it used to be? That's my biggest worry that I won't look like myself anymore.. I actually liked my front I just wanted to change the profile.
I feel like it totally changed my face. I had a long nose obviously haha, but this just feels too short you know? I think it's dropped a little. I want the swelling to go down Bc I'm used to it looking a little sharper. Right now just looks like a huge blob :( my engagement party is in 2 1/2 weeks so I really hope more of the swelling goes down. Good luck!!
wow congratulations and good luck to you too! I'm going back to college in 2 weeks so I totally get how you feel wanting it to be perfect already with so little time left
It does not look piggy at all. It looks great so far!
Thanks!! i hope so - I want this swelling to go down ASAP so i can see and HOPE my top lip goes down.. it throws off my whole face :(
Wow looks great!! Not piggy at all!!!!
I feel like from the front it looks it! But that is because I have maj swelling especially on my bridge and tip! Thanks tho :)
please keep us posted to whether or not your tip starts to drop, but i think it already looks great!
Aw thank you! Not sure if it's dropping yet. Right now my biggest pet peeve is seeing that my lip looks like it's being pulled up (try pushing your nose up with your finger and youll see what I mean!) i posted some pics :)
Your new nose looks great! It will just take some getting used to I think. And I think they usually get it so straight just by using tools to shave and rasp the bone and cartilage.
Thank you!! It's growing on me day by day :)
Hate it. It was the worst decision I ever made. I'm sorry, I dont want to upset you, you probably will love your nose. in fact, it looks great. Its just that I didn't get the results I expected and I also regret the tip work he did. I just liked the front of my face better before. I gave it a chance and I just don't like it so I'll probably end up getting a revision. I was just curious about your bridge because it looks so straight and I'm wondering how it was done like that. It looks wonderful.
Awww! I'm so sorry to hear that :( how long has it been?? Has all of the swelling subsided? I'm sure you look great! But good luck with the revision and hope you get what you're looking for
your new bridge looks exactly like mine, do you know if he used a graft in your bridge or how he got it so straight?
Not really sure! I'll make sure to ask him next time I go in for an appointment. :) How are you liking your nose?