Rhinoplasty 7 Months Post Op - White Plains, NY

Hey guys! My name is Megan and I have my...

Hey guys!
My name is Megan and I have my Rhinoplasty scheduled with Dr. Robert Ciardullo for Thursday September 6, 2012.

xo

Three weeks away! With the help of RealSelf &...

Three weeks away!

With the help of RealSelf & Google I made a list of things to get before my surgery :

? Vitamin C (500 mg) - softgel tablets
? Straws
? Ice Packs
? Neck Pillow
? Zip-up hoodies / sweatshirts
? Lots of Pineapple juice & soft foods =)

So I had my surgery yesterday morning around 11:00...

So I had my surgery yesterday morning around 11:00. The surgery its self only took about 1.5 hours, and then I had to be in recovery for another 1.5 hours. Dr. C and his WHOLE staff (the nurses & anesthesiologist, Dr. Spencer, were AMAZING. The worst part had to have been waking up from the anesthesia. All I was concerned about was getting the cream & gunk out of my eyes (I guess they put cream in your eyes during the surgery), and my extremely numb lips. When I got home, I did not leave bed ALL day. I was really out of it. I wasnt in any pain really, and only took 1 painkiller late last night right before bed just to help me sleep thru the night. I meant to text my boyfriend, friends & siblings right after surgery to let everyone know that I was okay, but I was so out of it that I didnt even get around to doing so until that evening. All I wanted to do was sleep.

My biggest concern right now seem to be my nostrils. Before I had a very long nose which = long nostrils. Dr. C was debating whether or not he had to do a "nostril tuck" - which is basically when he make incisions to make your nostrils smaller. He said that he doesnt do it often on patients, and only when it is necessary. during surgery he decided that I DID need the nostril tuck. I pray that my nostrils are just swollen because right now it looks like I dont have any nostrils at all. They look like they are sewed shut. The first time I changed the "dip pad" / "mustache guaze" last night I almost fainted and got veryyy light headed. I hope that its just swelling. My nostrils are smaller than a pea... smaller than a mini chocolate chip. That is my biggest concern right now. Im very nervous about that

Hey guys. So I got my cast off last Thursday (Sept...

Hey guys. So I got my cast off last Thursday (Sept 13) & I must say that I do like my nose. It still looks a little strange to me and each day I am getting more & more used to it. Also each day I am feeling more like myself. Yesterday was the first day since my surgery that I did my hair & put makeup on (for work). I still have black & blues under my eyes, but I was able to cover them with some concealer. Like I said, I do like my nose. Im not sure if I love it yet (or ever will). but I do like it. Its not "perfect" but even with my cast on I came to terms that Its reallyyyy hard to have/get a "perfect" nose. & I am okay with that. No nose IS perfect. Even what appears to be a perfect nose probably does have some flaws. My nostrils are still asymmetrical & the tip seems to be a little uneven. You cant tell so much in person, but more so in pictures and DEFINIELY when I tilt my head back (to expose my nostrils) But even with these flaws, overall I do like it. I hope it doesnt change too much, because I am happy with it. I think that I might just need some time to get used to it

I just wanted to talk about something that most people don't mention in these reviews :
To me, recovering was not PHYSICALLY hard, but instead MENTALLY hard. It didnt hurt. I didnt need / take any pain meds. But mentally it was difficult for me. I didn't feel like myself. & I felt reallyyyyy ugly - [[ dirty hair, no makeup, black&blues, swollen face&cheeks, stitches everywhere, dry blood, couldnt smile ]] - I looked like a hot mess. Each day I started feeling a LITTLE more like myself, and I sit here 10 days later, and Im finally STARTING to get back to normal & back to feeling like ME. Also during that time you start to wonder if you made the right decision about the surgery and all. I definitely started having doubts - Was my nose really that bad before? Did I pick the right doctor? - So for me, mentally is was hard - looking in the mirror and not feeling like myself. Luckily I had a supportive family & boyfriend who kept cheering me on and telling me that it was going to look great & I was going to love it

If anyone has any questions please fell free to message me - I'm happy to answer any questions at all about the surgery and/or Dr. C
xo

Hey Guys, So im a little more than 1 month...

Hey Guys,
So im a little more than 1 month post-op and I have mixed feelings about my nose...Sometimes I wonder if I liked my old nose better. This nose is def different. And it def has flaws - It leans to the right (or left in pictures). It looks like the columella is crooked. Also my nostrils are realllyyy uneven, and you can notice it front on. I can't notice it so much in person (maybe its because Im used to looking at it) but in pictures you can tell. One nostril looks alot higher than the other and bigger than the other.
I know theres nothing I can do and this was a risk that I took with the surgery. I just hope with time it evens out... but it seems like as time goes on, and as the swelling goes down, you can notice it more....

Hey guys! So its been a little over 3 months since...

Hey guys! So its been a little over 3 months since my surgery and overall I am pleased with my nose - Ive def seen some improvements since the last time I wrote. Overall I am happy! I think that I just needed some time to get used to it. Posted some pictures. If you want to see more pictures / updated ones feel free to inbox me for more!

xoxo

Hey. So Im a little more than 4 months post-op....

Hey. So Im a little more than 4 months post-op. Slowly seeing improvements each and every week. Uploaded a pic so you guys can see thus far. This will prob be the last post I post - its hard for me to keep up with uploading pics, reviews and what-not. So, like I mentioned before if you have any questions feel free to message me; and if youd like to see more pics inbox me for my Facebook / Instagram so you can see the most recent and updated pics of my nose
White Plains Plastic Surgeon

Overall Dr. C and his staff were GREAT. The only reason I gave him 3 stars for "After Care" was because I never got a follow up call the night of surgery or the next morning to see how I was doing. Overall though he was great, and everyone made me feel really comfortable. Dr. C also seemed very pleased & proud of my new nose. During my surgery, right before he put the cast on, he actually ran out to the waiting room to get my parents to show them my new nose before putting the cast on. That meant alot to me, and gave me hope during my recovery of a good outcome. It showed that he was proud of my nose & excited to show it off - and show my parents.

Your nose looks beautiful, and suits your perfectly, I think. Will you be leaving your status as 'not sure'? Just wondering if something was holding you back from definitely saying worth it...
you look beautiful :)))
thank you!! xoxoxo
I want your nose!! I'm soooo jealous lol. Congrats - it looks very natural AND it's cute. You look great.
haha thank you, thank you!! thats very nice of you!!! xoxoxoxo
You and your new nose look beautiful! You are a beautiful girl to begin with, and I love the new look. What are your concerns about your nose at this point in the recovery? I am considering Dr. Ciardullo and would love to know more about what you are happy and unhappy with in terms of his work. Also, can you please post more pictures of front and profile from this point in the recovery?Thank you so much for sharing your story!
Did the unevenness go away? I recently had my surgery with him and my nostrils and nose is asymmetrical from the front... it's just awful. In pictures it's really obvious.
the unevenness is slowly starting to go away. Not sure if it will be completely go away but it def is improving! just hang in there im sure yours will even out as well! xoxo

What impressive post-op photos. I LOVE your new nose! You look gorgeous before and after. :)

thank you! xoxoxoxo
Thanks for the 3mo follow up! I was hoping to see more recent pics! It looks better each time!! My surgery is scheduled for Jan 10! I am nerrrouvs and anxious! I'll post pics as well!
Dont be nervous - be excited! (even tho I think your nose already looks perfect!) Def looking forward to seeing more photos tho. Good luck!! if you have any questions along the way inbox me xo
Hi there, I would really appreciate seeing some more pictures if possible. I am considering surgery with this doctor - he seems to do some really good work.
You look so gorgeous! How are you doing?
thank you!! xoxoxoxo
You look awesome!!
thank you!! good luck with your surgery im so excited for u xox
Thanks for posting at the 3 month mark! Your nose looks really beautiful. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but did your nostrils even out and end up being the same size?
thank you! my nostrils did even out a bit... they are still uneven though. you cant really tell unless I tilt my head back and show you tho lol. Overall I am happy - and Im sure with time they will continue to even out
you look amazing!!!! wow!!! your surgeon did a great job!!!!!!!!!
I love your new nose! huge improvement :) I am worried about the healing process mentally so thanks for sharing. I can imagine I will be the type to worry and over analyze everything during recovery-but since I know this I will try to tell myself to chill haha
thank you so much! & good luck with your surgery!! xoxo
hey girl!! so i am getting so close to my surgery and i'm starting to panick a little about feeling sick/pain after. on a scale of 1-10 how bad would you say that part of it was?! i hope my nose comes out like yours!!
Hi megan! You look so pretty! Hopefully you can see this too. Quick q? did you feel constipated? bloated? Thank you so much for sharing :)
I like your new nose it is cute!