My Rhinoplasty Experience - White Plains, NY

I had rhinoplasty surgery done by Dr. Ciardullo 5...

I had rhinoplasty surgery done by Dr. Ciardullo 5 weeks ago and I could not be happier.

Since as far back as I could remember I have had issues with my nose and growing up I never had enough confidence to consider myself very pretty because of it. I always thought my nose was just too wide for my face, and when I smiled the tip would droop down. I absolutely despised having my picture taken, especially my profile, and over the years I found a way to pose so that the angle of my nose wouldn’t look so big. At 37, I was wondering if it was too late.

I did some research on the Internet, including RealSelf, and made a few appointments for consultations with some surgeons in my area. Dr. Ciardullo came highly recommended by a friend of mine. She had rhinoplasty done by Dr. C and her pictures were just gorgeous. I decided that Dr. Ciardullo would be my first consultation appointment, and after the appt., I just knew he was the right doctor for me. He was very honest and told me that the idea he had was not to change “me”, but to naturally make my nose look more feminine. He told me that people would notice something different, but that they would not be able to put their finger on what it was. He told me that most people would ask if I had lost weight or did something different with my hair. He was absolutely right!

The day of my surgery I was so nervous! The minute I got to the office I was greeted by Dr. C and his wonderful staff. The anesthesiologist and nurses were absolutely amazing!! They all made my experience so fantastic and easy! I was so nervous, but they made me feel so comfortable and answered all questions I had. When I woke up after surgery, luckily I felt no nausea and I had no pain. When I got home I remember feeling so relieved that it was over and I slept most of the day. That night I was bruised pretty badly and very swollen around my eyes, but I took pain meds every 4 hours and still did not experience any pain. I used Ziploc bags of frozen peas on my eyes every 2 hours and used arnica on the bruised areas around my eyes. I felt as though I had a really bad sinus infection because I felt stuffy and could only breath through my mouth.

The next few days I stayed in bed and caught up with TV. During the week I got very swollen and actually resembled a chipmunk, but that went away by Day 5.

By the end of the week I was feeling extremely anxious. I wanted the cast OFF. I have to say that was the worst part for me...my impatience. Easier said than done!! After one week I finally got the cast off. I was scared about that part, not only to see my nose, but because I thought it would hurt, but it didn’t. When I saw my nose for the first time I was thrilled. (I actually got up and hugged Dr. C) He warned me that it would get more swollen that night and that it would be swollen for a while! (I am telling you, this was the worst part…BEING PATIENT!)

The next day the tip was even more swollen, as well as the area between my eyes. It took about a week for this swelling to go down.

Now it’s 5 weeks later and a good amount of the swelling is gone. I know my nose will keep changing and forming and Dr. Ciardullo told me it will take up to a full year for all of the swelling to go away. My overall experience was awesome but being patient really is key. Please let me know if you have any questions, I’d be happy to help. I highly recommend using Dr. Ciardullo if you are considering having rhinoplasty surgery.

Almost 2 years after surgery!!!

Been getting some requests to see my nose now after almost 2 years ago..
White Plains Plastic Surgeon

gorgeous. I hope I feel the same after a couple of months. Such a hard process.
It is such an emotional journey, but it will all be worth it in the end!!! Good luck!!!
You look wonderful! I would love to see your pretty nose now i have an appointment on the 18th!
You are such a beautiful woman to begin with, and you and your new nose look great. Can you please post some recent front and profile pictures? I am considering Dr. Ciardullo and really want to know how his work does in terms of the recovery process. Thank you so much for sharing your story.
You look great! Esp for the 1st week post-op! Im scheduled for next month with Dr C. and am taking a whole week off of work hoping any possible swelling and bruising won't be so obvious at that time. Did anyone who didn't know you had the surgery notice you had work done a week post-op?
Looks great!! Can you post more pictures? :)
You look great! I went with Dr. C as well and couldn't be happier :)
Thanks so much! When was your surgery?
Mine was over a month ago.

Your results look fabulous. Thanks so much for paying it forward and taking the time to write your review. It means a lot to us and the other folks looking for information and candid stories about rhinoplasty.

Glad I can help. It truly was a great experience. Dr. Ciardullo is amazing.
U look great!!!
Thank you!!! :)
Looking gorgeous T!! I'm so happy you made the decision to go with Dr. Ciardullo. I told you patience was going to be key. My nose took a good 4 months to see any real definition. How about some pics now that it has been 5 weeks? Keep me posted. Xoxo- Court
Thanks Court!! You have been so helpful to me throughout this whole experience!