Natural Look Am Happy with - Australia, AU

I had very hooded drooping eyelids. I used to...

I had very hooded drooping eyelids. I used to have big green eyes and then they become partially covered by the hoods. I am 52 and did not want a stretched, cosmetic look. My surgeon did want me to have a brown lift also, but I was uncertain. However in hindsight maybe a slight brown lift would have given me a more youthful look. I am very happy with the eyelid surgery. My eyes have healed well 6 weeks post op now. To be honest, not many people have noticed. But I don't think I wanted anyone to either. I just wanted to look refreshed. I was back at work a week later, suffered post op blues day 4 wondering what the hell I have done and the money spent. I can see my eyes looking better each week. I think anyone who has this procedure must understand that results are not instant, and takes time.

More Pics Week 7

So happy with the outcome. Looking better each week. Thanks ladies for your comments too!

Close Up

Glen Murray

My doctor was great and all his team. I had mine done with Dr Glenn Murray at Absolute Cosmetic in Nedlands, Western Australia. He is always on call has great rapport with his patiends. . The procedure cost around $7k.

Your eyes are a beautiful green! And they look do not look done they look natural and lovely!
Thank you and good luck when the time comes! :)
Thank you and good luck for when your time comes up! :)
You look great! I'm happy for you. Enjoy your new life. =)
you look great, very natural. Agree with you about the "cosmetic look". Hate that look and unfortunately it seems very common in eyelid surgery. Your doctor did a great job. You must be very happy you chose him
Thanks Laura. Always great to hear other peoples views. It seems to get better each week. I am now having people ask me, what have I done different, look younger - hair? lost weight? It's really nice. :)
you look great and natural but that was really pricey!
Thanks, I am happy with it and I do agree with you on the pricey aspect. It was. But now that I am 100% happy with the outcome, to me it was money well spent. I probably didn't shop around too much and Dr Murray has a good reputation. Cheers
You look refreshed but not overdone (ie surprised) & I don't understand why a brow lift was recommended. great result but too pricey for me.
Has anyone had surgery in Brisbane Gold Coast area. Your eye area looks amazing.

Wow I love your results, they are subtle but you look younger.  Congrats!

Thanks so much, am very happy also. Your results look fab. I bet you are happy with them. Congrats too!

I'm pretty happy with mine too :)

You look great and refresh. I underwent a eyelid lift that the incisions are at brow line. The suture is very visible. I am still in the recovery stage. I always wonder my decision to have the incision at brow line instead of at my crease is correct at the first place.
Hi and thank you for your comments. I am very happy with my result. It does get better as time goes on. Is it unusual to have incisions at brow line? You may find that your eyes are still swelling and tired at the moment. I hope they start to improve for you. It does take a while. Good luck with the healing. Please post again in a few weeks time.
Thanks.
Congratulations, you look wonderful!! Very pretty.
You look great! Very natural. I had upper and lower bleph about 6 weeks ago and I still have some swelling but there is still such a subtle, natural change. My eyes are open when I take a picture!!! Lol!
It is great isn't it to have full size eyes again! Yes I am happy with my result and thanks so much for your comment. Your 12 days post op looks fabulous! What a lovely result. The things we go through, it is quite a challenge getting through the first few weeks. Especially when you are unsure of what to expect etc. The swelling does take a while to go, but no one notices. I went to work a week after and no one said anything or even looked at me strangely ha ha. Probably just looked like I was tired. Look forward to seeing more of your pics.
You look great! I'm on day five and feel exactly that. Wondering if j made a mistake, down and depresses, nervous ill never feel normal again. Thanks so much for posting, because it gives me hope that maybe in a few weeks I'll feel better. As for the brow lift, have you considered a chemical lift (ie Botox)? I know that's something my doctor and I have talked about and it's something less drastic/invasive and might make all the difference, if you feel like its something that bothers you. I, for one, think you look great!
Hi and thank you for the lovely comments. You are still in early stages and having that post op blues. Don't worry it will pass. I know exactly how you feel. My vision was blurred for at least first 4 weeks and eyes felt gritty and very tired. I looked so tired and was so worried that I had spent so much money on a tired look. But it is the process and I can honestly say I love it now. I am sure when I am at the 3 month mark it will be really fab! My doctor did try a botox brow lift on day 5, but I it didn't make any difference. I should have left it until a few months before I tried. I think I was really wanting to see a difference in such a short time frame. I have my 2 month post op check up Monday week and will discuss it with him then. Just be patient and it will start looking wonderful. Bruising and swelling takes a while to go down, the eyes are very sensitive. I am really looking foward to seeing your progress. Please post in weeks to come. Be positive, you will love it!
You look great! Thanks for your review. I am 10 days post op and am glad to hear others have had the second thoughts I have had too.
Thanks so much, it is great to get positive comments and especially from others who have been through it. I just didn't imagine the emotional highs and lows and the obsessiveness I went through with my eyes the first couple weeks. Your pics are just great and I look forward to seeing the result in a couple months. I wish I had the brow lift now, I see that you did. But, I am still happy with my results (for now!). That bruising will finally go down, but make up is till a no no for me at the moment as my eyes are quite sensitive. The good thing is being able to go out without makeup and it looks good! I am sure the post op blues is very common. We are so used to watching shows like extreme makeover when the results are almost instant and expect the same for ourselves! Keep posting and Happy Healing :)
You look beautiful!! Love your "final" picture- so pretty!
Thanks so much! I must admit that I feel much more happier with the result each week. Your eyes look fantastic. The difference is really noticeable and you must be very satisfied and happy with the result. I cant wear make up yet, as it seems to irritate my eyes, but I am able to go out without make up and it looks great (just a little lipstick). Am thinking about a new hairstyle now. It does take a while for the swelling and bruising to go down. Even now after 6 weeks, I have a tiny bit of swelling in the lower corners of the eye - particularly in the morning. What I love the best about having had the procedure done is that now my eyes feel really "open" and I don't have to keep raising my eyelids like I used before the op. I can see my big green eyes again. Thanks again for the positive comment and you do look great!