Super Easy Eyelid Surgery - West Orange, NJ

One month ago I had upper eyelid surgery and a...

One month ago I had upper eyelid surgery and a lower eyelid skin pinch at the St. Barnabas Hospital Ambulatory Surgery Center in Livingston, NJ. My wonderful plastic surgeon, Dr. Eric Joseph of West Orange, NJ, made the procedure so easy for me and I could not be more pleased with the result.

My eyes were looking very tired with excess skin giving me a double lid over each eye. The skin under my lower eyelids needed a lift and Dr. Joseph recommended a skin pinch as the solution. Because he knows me well after Botox and filler treatments, Dr. Joseph felt that I would do finel with local as opposed to general anesthesia. This decision saved me $1000.00 and worked out perfectly.. There were some momentary pinching and burning sensations from the local injections, but that was the only "pain" that I experienced during the entire procedure and recovery period. I have so much trust and confidence in Dr. Joseph that I was cool as a cucumber in the operating room. I was able to walk into the recovery room where I stayed for a short time with a soothing cold compress on my eyes.

My eyes felt a little tight that afternoon, but I felt completely normal. I never had to take anything for pain or discomfort. Dr. Joseph removed the sutures 4 days later and Diane from the office gifted me with a corrective makeup kit and tips to cover up the minimal redness that remained.
I was stunned at my quick recovery from the surgery. I was out seeing people on days 5 and 6 after the procedure, looking fine with only a few dabs of the corrective concealer.
One month later my eyes are healing well and I have only the slightest bit of swelling and discoloration remaining.. I look and feel so much younger! I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Joseph and his wonderful staff. Diane, Barbara, Gloria and Mila are always so kind and helpful. And Dr. Joseph is a gifted surgeon who is meticulous about delivering natural results and pleasing his patients. He is also a lot of fun to be around and we all know that laughter is the best medicine! Love Dr. Joseph!

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Joesph had already surpassed my expectations using fillers and Botox and I knew that I could trust him to give my eyes a much-needed lift. He and his staff go above and beyond to make you feel important and comfortable.

Hi Patricia, I found you through other review, where I was so impressed with your comment. I am a happy patient of dr J and was wondering if it is too much to ask you for sending a b4/after pics? I'm considering having my eyes done next year and I adore dr J work. My email is blondediva2b@yahoo.com. To be honest I miss the team at their office. Lovely girls.

Thanks for writing another great review, Patricia! Congrats on your results. Do you think you'll post any pics? I will be getting eyelid surgery for droopy upper lids (eventually... way down the line I hope! ;) so any info you can offer would be much appreciated.

Forgot to reply here. So Sorry! I am back in the 20th century and don't have either a cell phone or digital camera to do photos. But my eyes are looking better than ever with only the slightest bit of swelling left. All the best to you!