A True Artist Who Will Create a Masterpiece with Your Face! - West Orange, NJ

I found Dr. J after years of doing research on...

I found Dr. J after years of doing research on rhinoplasty and permanent filler injections. I hadn't been happy with my nose from the time of adolescence. However, I am not wealthy and although make a middle class living the idea of rhinoplasty seemed beyond the scope of what was possible for me.

I came to Dr. J because he was literally the ONLY doctor I could find that does permanent filler injections. Prior I had the Radiesse (a temporary filler) and had been happy with those results. I had a free initial consult (that in of itself is difficult to find) and told me that he could do the permanent filler but that truly I would look my best with a rhinoplasty. He printed out pictures for me for the type of result I would get with BOTH options. (This is extremely rare. When I had the filler done by another doctor no such attention was given to me) While I loved the picture, price was of course a concern.

I was not ready to go into debt for plastic surgery. However, Dr. J gave me a price that was feasible for me (and THOUSANDS less than what a NYC doctor would cost). He advised me to think it over and let me choose what I wanted but promised no matter what he would give me a great result. After a couple weeks discussing it with my husband and friends and taking a look at my financials and savings, I agreed to a rhinoplasty.

Dr. J was extremely professional and attentive the whole time leading up to the procedure. He has a way of making you feel as if you are his only patient. He remembers your name, your history and give you his personal cell phone to call with any questions. In the days leading up to the surgery and the day of I was completely calm and knew I was in the hands of an exceptional surgeon.

I had an outstanding result. I followed his post op directions to the letter and came back with almost no bruising and minimal swelling. I returned to work in 10 days from my surgery.

Even 4 months later I still have a dialogue with Dr. J and he checks in on my healing and progress regularly. It is because of him that I have a nose that give me confidence and makes me happy to take pictures. Every passing month I think I look better and better. Matter of fact he did such a fantastic job that it inspired my husband to get his broken nose fixed by Dr. J a few months after my surgery!

The best part is that we both got what we wanted and we were able to afford it. My surgery was in Dec and the loan was paid in full by April. The quality of his work stands on its own. He has the skill and attentiveness of the expensive high end doctors but makes it a conceivable option for those of us without six figure salaries. I cannot recommend someone better to trust with your face!

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. J and his staff are friendly, professional and extremely attentive to your needs and circumstances. You will not find a doctor who will make you feel more at ease and care about you so much. I wish EVERY doctor experience was the way it is with Dr. J.

Sharon, then WHY do i not see my NEGATIVE review on the doctor's REVIEW page? Where did it go? Answer my question and i'll be content.

Your review was not posted because it contained personal attacks against the doctor. The Community Guidelines apply to all content on RealSelf, including reviews. I've sent you an email about revising your post to bring it in line with our guidelines, if you wish.

Cheers,

--Sharon

Hi VirginiaMan1984,

I am very sorry to hear you have had a negative rhinoplasty experience. However, our Community Guidelines (http://www.realself.com/community-guidelines) prohibit the use of defamatory language (such as calling someone a "crook"). I have removed several of your posts for this reason.

You are welcome to share your experience on RealSelf; however, please keep it civil and avoid personal attacks on other individuals.

You also mentioned -- and since you said it publicly I feel it's relevant to respond publicly too -- that doctors pay us to block negative reviews. This is not true. RealSelf is an independent company, and our site is based around 1,000s of honest reviews from patients. We have no financial interest in hiding negative reviews; on the contrary, features like our "Worth It" ratings would be useless if we only published happy reviews.

Here is a link to our full list of "Worth It" ratings so you can see for yourself.

Again, I am truly sorry for your experience, and I hope you find the support you need here. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if we can help you in any way.

All the best,

--Sharon

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I am sorry that you didn't get the results that you wanted but I can't say that I agree with your estimation of Dr. Joseph. He was and is a professional, attentive and punctilious about his work and his patients. I have my fourth follow up coming up soon and he always asks me how I feel about my results if I'm having any issues and was beyond compassionate about any and all of my and my husband's concerns.

As for Silikon I did extensive research on it and it was my first choice. I had a temporary filler (Radiesse) in before and there was no shifting or issues. I don't know where you are getting your facts about that but EVERY piece of literature, news report, fact sheet and study I have read asserts its safety. I did NOT get that Dr. Joseph is making a quick buck off of this. However it IS his means of supporting his family and plastic surgery for ANY doctor is profitable. I was happy because I felt he let ME choose what option I wanted and didn't push his ideas in order to make a profit. ANYONE reading this seeking Silikon injections I URGE you to do your own private research on this regardless of what is hashed out here and come to your own conclusions. I am not trying to lash out at you sir but truly I don't believe in the statistics you list there and question the source of your information.

I get it -- it's your face and we're all here because trusting our new look to someone can be scary and the everyone here is trying to find a doctor who will give them a desirable outcome. However, I feel you are using this forum as a way of waging a personal war against Dr. Joseph. I have no problem with you stating what happened with your experience but to knock his methods I feel is misleading to the public and not beneficial for anyone.

I don't mean any disrespect but I can't help but wonder if you were so against Dr. Joseph's methods and suggestions why you chose to work with him in the first place. It seems to me you did your research after not before. My advice to ANYONE here is to do your research and soul searching before and NOT make an emotional decision or regrets like this will be likely.

I am sorry that you couldn't resolve your issues with Dr. Joseph, truly wish you the best of luck with your new surgeon and gain the result you were looking for. Best of luck.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Wow I'm really surprised to hear that. I can't comment on your job without seeing pictures but based on my and my husbands experience I was impressed with how willing and capable he was to correct anything we felt about his work. Specifically, my husband's curve was a bit too effeminate and he injected some Silikon in it to make it straighter. Again I can only speak about our experience but he did go above expectations to meet our desired result. I hope you are able to resolve the issue with him

Wow-That's incredible-looks beautiful!!
omg best nose job ever loooks amazing!!!!!!!
can u please post a frontal?

Thanks so much for posting your (very well written) story here on RealSelf. It's great that you were able to get this done. It sounds like you were realistic and found a doctor you could trust, which is wonderful.

Dr. J truly is outstanding. I know that investing something like this is scary but it's important to do your homework and find the right doctor. At the end of the day it makes all the difference