A True Artist Who Will Create a Masterpiece with Your Face! - West Orange, NJ

I found Dr. J after years of doing research on...

I found Dr. J after years of doing research on rhinoplasty and permanent filler injections. I hadn't been happy with my nose from the time of adolescence. However, I am not wealthy and although make a middle class living the idea of rhinoplasty seemed beyond the scope of what was possible for me.

I came to Dr. J because he was literally the ONLY doctor I could find that does permanent filler injections. Prior I had the Radiesse (a temporary filler) and had been happy with those results. I had a free initial consult (that in of itself is difficult to find) and told me that he could do the permanent filler but that truly I would look my best with a rhinoplasty. He printed out pictures for me for the type of result I would get with BOTH options. (This is extremely rare. When I had the filler done by another doctor no such attention was given to me) While I loved the picture, price was of course a concern.

I was not ready to go into debt for plastic surgery. However, Dr. J gave me a price that was feasible for me (and THOUSANDS less than what a NYC doctor would cost). He advised me to think it over and let me choose what I wanted but promised no matter what he would give me a great result. After a couple weeks discussing it with my husband and friends and taking a look at my financials and savings, I agreed to a rhinoplasty.

Dr. J was extremely professional and attentive the whole time leading up to the procedure. He has a way of making you feel as if you are his only patient. He remembers your name, your history and give you his personal cell phone to call with any questions. In the days leading up to the surgery and the day of I was completely calm and knew I was in the hands of an exceptional surgeon.

I had an outstanding result. I followed his post op directions to the letter and came back with almost no bruising and minimal swelling. I returned to work in 10 days from my surgery.

Even 4 months later I still have a dialogue with Dr. J and he checks in on my healing and progress regularly. It is because of him that I have a nose that give me confidence and makes me happy to take pictures. Every passing month I think I look better and better. Matter of fact he did such a fantastic job that it inspired my husband to get his broken nose fixed by Dr. J a few months after my surgery!

The best part is that we both got what we wanted and we were able to afford it. My surgery was in Dec and the loan was paid in full by April. The quality of his work stands on its own. He has the skill and attentiveness of the expensive high end doctors but makes it a conceivable option for those of us without six figure salaries. I cannot recommend someone better to trust with your face!

Sharon, then WHY do i not see my NEGATIVE review on the doctor's REVIEW page? Where did it go? Answer my question and i'll be content.

Your review was not posted because it contained personal attacks against the doctor. The Community Guidelines apply to all content on RealSelf, including reviews. I've sent you an email about revising your post to bring it in line with our guidelines, if you wish.

Cheers,

--Sharon

Hi VirginiaMan1984,

I am very sorry to hear you have had a negative rhinoplasty experience. However, our Community Guidelines (http://www.realself.com/community-guidelines) prohibit the use of defamatory language (such as calling someone a "crook"). I have removed several of your posts for this reason.

You are welcome to share your experience on RealSelf; however, please keep it civil and avoid personal attacks on other individuals.

You also mentioned -- and since you said it publicly I feel it's relevant to respond publicly too -- that doctors pay us to block negative reviews. This is not true. RealSelf is an independent company, and our site is based around 1,000s of honest reviews from patients. We have no financial interest in hiding negative reviews; on the contrary, features like our "Worth It" ratings would be useless if we only published happy reviews.

Here is a link to our full list of "Worth It" ratings so you can see for yourself.

Again, I am truly sorry for your experience, and I hope you find the support you need here. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if we can help you in any way.

All the best,

--Sharon

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. J and his staff are friendly, professional and extremely attentive to your needs and circumstances. You will not find a doctor who will make you feel more at ease and care about you so much. I wish EVERY doctor experience was the way it is with Dr. J.