Money Worth Spent! :) - West Orange, NJ

As I got older, I noticed how asymmetric my nose...

As I got older, I noticed how asymmetric my nose was. The left side of my nose was higher than the right side and I could barely breathe through my left side as well. I have thought about this surgery for many years before taking the plunge. After doing a lot of research, I decided to meet with several doctors. Dr. Joseph had the best reviews I could find, but I still wanted to see what other doctors could do for me. I saw Dr. Joseph first and to my (pleasant surprise) he saw the issues I had with my nose, showed me how he could fix it (through computer imaging) and described the surgical process to me. He was very confident in his ability to give me the result I wanted. I did like him, however I wanted to be 100% sure about what surgeon I went with. I went to several in NYC, with some telling me that I shouldn't get the surgery my nose is fine and others who basically were going to make my nose look exactly the same. If I was going to go under the knife, I wanted to make sure I could get the best possible outcome. So I went back to Dr.Joseph and chose a date. Luckily, they had a cancellation so my surgery was booked 3 weeks after my appointment with him. Like most others, I was freaked out and convinced myself that I would wake up during surgery (this was my first surgery) but it went very smooth. Dr. Joseph was great and I have to say, St. Barnabas is the best hospital I've ever been to. I've never been to a hospital where every single person I encountered was so nice. It made the whole experience a lot more comfortable.

Word of caution: If you are working full time, you will likely need at least 10 days off. You will be very weak for the first two weeks because you will likely not feel like eating and cannot walk around too much. So be prepared. All in all, it's not that bad but you really need to take it easy and have things to keep you busy during your recovery time. I am currently 2.5 months post- op and am very happy. Dr. Joseph did exactly what I asked him and stuck with that. My nose looks very natural and refined, but it still looks like me which is what I wanted. If you have any concerns, questions, please feel free to PM me. Also, for anyone considering plastic surgery, specifically rhinoplasty, have realistic expectations. Just because you can have "Angelina Jolie's nose" doesn't mean it will look good on you.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

I had met with 6 plastic surgeons and ultimately decided on Dr. Joseph because of his confidence to give me the result I wanted.