Exceeded My Expectations - Should Have Done It Sooner! - West Orange, NJ

At around the age of 13, my nose began to take on...

At around the age of 13, my nose began to take on a life of its own. What was once cute in childhood took a drastic turn for the worse with puberty. I grew a large dorsal hump and the tip began to droop, leaving me with the feeling my unfeminine feature doomed me to a future of stirring large cauldrons of potion in the back woods.

As a young girl, I voiced my wish for rhinoplasty, but it was never more than a passing comment. The idea of “unnecessary” surgery left both my parents and me with just enough fear to push the idea aside - never mind the concern of how to find a really good doctor. At the risk of sounding very old, this was during the days when the internet was new and Google didn’t yet exist.

Thus, for two decades, I lived with my nose as it was, even as I felt inclined to give it its own name and introduce it as its own person wherever I went. I did what I could to shield my offensive profile from the eyes of the innocent and unsuspecting, knowing that once seen it could never be un-seen. Frankly, there was no conversation I could hold with a fellow human being where I was not conscious of the growth that made its happy home in the center of my face.

At long last, I had enough. At 33 years of age, after having found success in my professional life and being married the love of my life for nearly 8 years, I knew that any decision to change the appearance of my nose would be solely for my own personal psyche. I was fortunate to have the full blessing of my immediate family, and the fabulous support of Google.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Joseph has a passion for rhinoplasty. He loves making people look their best, and has a talent for giving people noses that are the right shape and size for their face. He really cares about his patients as people, spends time with them, and even gives out his cell phone number in case you need to reach him. After surgery, he does regular follow-up appointments (at no charge) and is nothing if not dedicated to your complete happiness with the final result. His office staff is fabulous and I have experienced no wait time at all for appointments. Oh, and I have a beautiful, cute feminine nose! Overall, a 110% positive experience! A plethora of positive reviews online and some seriously beautiful before and after photos led me to Dr. Eric Joseph, but it was during my initial consultation that I singled out Dr. J as “the one” to do my procedure. This is a doctor who knows what he is doing, and better, loves what he’s doing. He has all the amenities of a lovely office staff, no wait time for appointments, and a fabulous personality, but what it really comes down to is how does the nose turn out in the end? Ladies and gentleman, what you see is what you get. Literally. A computerized mock-up photo of your nose as it will appear post-surgery is what you will receive from Dr. J. In fact, I am now one-month post-op and my nose looks even better than the original computerized photo. All the self-consciousness that I have endured for twenty years is GONE, and I have never felt so confident, happy and beautiful. If I was assured of finding Dr. Joseph years ago, I wouldn’t have waited so long! As a side note, I would like to add that the week I met with Dr. Joseph I was on the cusp of having 12 days off from work between year-end holidays. I wanted nothing more than to fit my surgery in during this time (and while I had the nerve to go through with it). Dr. Joseph made that happen. Additionally, I had never gone “under” for surgery before and the idea of anesthesia was frightening. Well, I would do it all over again! It was the easiest experience in the world; I woke up and I was done! In the end, let’s face it *pun intended*, rhinoplasty was one of the best decisions I have ever made, and in the hands of a master like Dr. Joseph, one that I will never regret.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on RealSelf. We'd love to see your before and after photos! (You've got me really curious with your comment about introducing your nose as its own person :0) )