Dr. Joseph Restored my Confidence Back! - West Orange, NJ

I believe I have two lives. The one before...

I believe I have two lives. The one before Rhinoplasty , and the one after. As far as I can remember I always had a rather large, bulky nose; which presented me with a masculine appearance and making the rest of my facial features seem non proportional. I hated all cameras and I tried my very best to avoid taking pictures. Just when I thought my large nose couldn’t get any worse, a car accident occurred causing some trauma to it. It was the start of the New Year that made me declare enough is enough, and I wanted to undergo Rhinoplasty. I started my quest of finding the right doctor, with endless amounts of consultations and appointments. Most of them were located in New York City and came with high end prices, as well as me having to hear them suggest other procedures that I might need. I thought this was all a money making gimmick, and a mere turn off in my opinion. Finally, I decided to search local as I am a Jersey native and I came across Dr. Joseph. I was impressed by his before and after images on his website and decided it wouldn’t hurt to go on one more consultation.

I scheduled my surgery for his first available appointment. April 11th to be exact and just couple of day’s right before my birthday. The day of my surgery arrived, and it was done at St. Barnabas Ambulatory Care Center, located in Livingston NJ. The operation lasted about 2 hours. During my recovery period which was about a week, I experienced no pain or discomfort. I was just very anxious to have the cast removed as I could already tell my nose was looked smaller even with the cast on. The cast removing day arrived, and the sight of a mirror never seemed so delightful! My nose was beautiful and looked even better than I expected. My face had a more feminine appearance and my other facial features looked better. It has now been 6 months since my surgery.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

I am 100% satisfied. From the first meeting with Dr. Joseph, I could tell he was a genuine, honest, and caring doctor. I have thick skin and he was honest that the tip of my nose wouldn’t look exactly like the computerized image as a result of the thick skin. I also asked him if I needed to have a chin implant along with the Rhinoplasty, since this was suggested by two of the NY doctors I had previously seen. He said no way, and made a comical comment with his answer. I must add Dr. Joseph is very funny! After our very informative consultation, he gave me a price breakdown and told me there was rush with my decision. In the contrary, even until now, I still receive harassing phone calls and e-mails from the other doctors I did not choose. Based on my comfort level, trust, and Dr. Joseph’s bedside manners, I was confident he was my number one choice for my surgery. His staff was also very sweet and helpful throughout the entire process. In my pre-op visit, Dr. Joseph said he would call to check up on me on the night of the surgery. He even gave me his cell phone number and stressed that if I had any questions, I can call him at any time. On the night of the surgery he called as he mentioned. These 6 months were filled with compliments, confidence, and an abundance of picture taking. All because of the wonderful Dr. Joseph!

You look beautiful.
You were beautiful before but that nose is awesome. What did you have done--ti elevation narrowing? Did you have any implants put in to narrow the tip? Was it a tip revision alone, or full rhino? How much did it run you financially? I had a bulbous, saggy Indian nose but a tip elevation/rotation has left me not only bulbous, but with a snout that doesn't match my bridge. I know it's only 6 weeks, I'm taking bromelain--I've made an awful mistake and am worried about going forward b/c there's a Medpor implant in my nose.
great results
Wow, the surgery really softened up your look a lot. Looks great! :)
OMG.. I love your nose.. I'm also from Jersey and looking for a rhinoplasty surgeon. I was willing to travel out of state for surgery but I may just check out your doctor. Your nose looks so good. You r very pretty.
Dang... I wish I lived in New Jersey. I hope some of my local doctors can produce the same results!
I’m your doctor will give you great results as well! Make sure you have clear communication with them and you both are on the same page as to what you want. Also check out their previous works . All the best!

You look gorgeous - congratulations!

If you could give others one tip on how to make the recovery period easier, what would you advise?

Thank you so much Megan! I am very pleased and happy with my results. I would say taking both Bromelain and Arnica supplements helped tremendously with the swelling and bruising. Both quickly went away with the usage of these supplements. Also during recovery and even untill now, I tried limiting my salt/sodium intake. It is common during the first year to get swelling from a high salt diet.
Your nose surgery looks great. I'm indian too and I had nose surgery aug 17th so it's been two months. I still have swelling but in my eyes it already made such a difference to me. Your before and after pics look great. You were pretty before but I feel the new nose enhances your eyes and lips. I took down my before and after pictures because I didn't tell everyone about my surgery but I might put it back up.
Aw thanks a lot! Really you still have eye swelling in your eyes? Have you tried taking Arnica or Bromelain? Also drink lots of water and try avoiding a heavy salt diet! I have not seen many Indian Rhinoplasty photos on Realself. I was hoping to see more but I guess everyone has a personal choice with the posting of their pictures. I would love to see you’re before and after pictures. I am sure they are wonderful!
i will put my pics back up. No I don't have swelling in my eyes...i meant the surgery, in my eyes, made a difference to me. lol.
Ummmm....wow! Remarkable difference and beautiful results. Glad you went with your gut and got an honest physician and the results you wanted. I'm from NYC and am consulting elsewhere as well, I don't mind the high prices, I do mind that the reviews don't seem to justify them enough. Also you have the prettiest skin tone!
Thank you so much Elle 1820. Yes, you definitely need to go with your gut, as well as a choosing a doctor that has a strong history of performing superior Rhinoplasty. It took me some shopping before I found the perfect doctor. I wish you all the best in your search!
I love these happy every after reviews! You look very pretty...I'm so happy for you!
Thank you Faith2012! =)