Could Not Have Asked for a Better Experience - West Orange, NJ

First, a little history about why I wanted a nose...

First, a little history about why I wanted a nose job: I have always hated my nose, ever since I can remember, it had a hump and a pretty large bulb on the end. I'm an actor, and my agent brought it up to me that she didn't think my nose fit my look, and that a nose job would almost definitely make a difference in my career. Since I had already disliked my nose for my entire life, I was fully on board. I immediately started researching the best doctors in the area, and making consultation appointments.

The operation is in a very nice and clean operating center a few miles from his office. He came in to say hi before, and then I went into the operating room, and the next thing I knew I was in recovery! Also, I had the Chief of Anesthesiology taking care of me, I felt in very good hands, and on the day of the surgery I was just super excited and ready! (It was my first surgery ever, I had no idea what to expect!)

Dr. J called the next day to see how I was doing. Everything went perfectly, recovery at my parents house was uncomfortable but not too bad. I only had to take the pain meds for a few days, but I did have black eyes and quite a bit of swelling that took about a week and a half to 2 weeks to fully go away. I looked kinda like an Avatar.

I now had the surgery 6 weeks ago, and my nose looks AMAZING. I couldn't be happier. I went to show my agents, and they were ecstatic. They said that they have seen some nose jobs gone wrong, and that mine was amazing, and they made me give them Dr. Joseph's info so they can send their other clients to him. I had only told my parents and 3 of my friends about the surgery, and no one else even noticed (in a good way). It's a very subtle and natural change, my same nose sans the hump and the bulb-- just what I wanted.

So glad to see this great review! Did you surgery effect your voice at all? Being an actor I thought this may be of concern.
Hi! Sorry I took so long to answer, but no, the surgery did not affect my voice at all, thank God!! I was a little worried about that, since with a smaller nose there would be less resonance.

I'm glad your experience went well and that you (and your agents) are happy with your nose. Thanks for sharing!

Also!

I just looked at this review again and realized I forgot to say anything about the first visit and the others I went on. Dr. Joseph was actually the last visit I went on, and I had been convinced that I wanted a closed surgery, so I wasn't even sure I wanted to go on the visit. But I am SO GLAD I did. I had visited another office in White Plains that got great reviews on here and does closed surgeries. It was so scary and gross. There were all these secret doors, the office that I met with the Doctor in was carpeted and had all these books and smelled old, and then you went through a secret door to get to the operating room, which looked like Frankenstein's Laboratory. It was terrifying and looked so illegal like some backroom operation. And then he said that people didn't even need to come back for checkups after! Like you could just get on a plane and take the bandage off a week later and you're good to go. Weirest experience ever. SO needless to say, walking into Dr. Joseph's office was a breath of fresh air. It is so clean and professional and everyone is the nicest! I actually looked forward to going there. Dr. J took the time to answer all my questions and make me feel comfortable, and told me exactly what would happen and how my nose would look. And I still couldn't be happier, 10 months later! Yay!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bedside manner was always perfect and so nice, made me feel so comfortable, gave me a nickname. Also, he's hilarious. Always made sure that all of my questions were answered, really took the time and never made me feel rushed. After care was wonderful, he even gives you a makeup kit to cover bruising and has a girl who shows you how to put it on, and the next visit that I come in I'll be getting a free microderm abrasion. Everyone who works in the office is absolutely lovely and professional. Never had a wait. Really have not one tiny complaint about anything. I was extremely thorough in my search for a doctor. I live in Manhattan, and I researched all of the best doctors in and outside of Manhattan for my surgery. I took consultations with 3 different doctors, one in Manhattan, one in White Plains, and Dr. Joseph. Everyone in Dr. J's office was extremely nice and professional, the place was clean and up to date, and I have never had a wait when I go in for my appointments. When I first met Dr. Joseph, he made me feel comfortable, he took the time to explain everything to me (and then again to my Mom who came with me on the pre-op visit). He did a computer imaging of what he would do to my nose (my nose looks even better than that now). And he told me that he was a perfectionist, that nose jobs are his passion, and that he usually ends up being more picky than his patients, and that after the surgery if there are tiny indentations, a little drop of silicone will fix it in a second (did end up needing a tiny bit because there was an indent in the top of my nose where my tip is still swollen, didn't hurt a bit and it's perfectly even). That made me feel so at ease! He has a wonderful energy and is basically the nicest doctor you'll ever meet. You can tell he really truly cares about his patients and what he does, and it's not all about money for him (at first he tried to deter me from getting a nose job because at first look he didn't think I needed one). He made me so excited, and took away all my nerves about having surgery. The other doctors I visited did not make me feel so welcome, one doctor had a creepy operating room in the back of his office. I just didn't feel as comfortable in any of the other offices. I got a good vibe from Dr. Joseph and knew that I would be in good hands. (Also, he's hilarious). During the pre-op visit, Dr. Joseph explained absolutely everything to my Mom and me in full detail, and gave me his cell phone number in case I needed anything. I was having trouble figuring out where to leave my car for the week because I was driving in from the city and meeting my Mom at the operating place, and he even offered to let me leave my car at his house.... that is how awesome he is. I would do it again in a second. Seriously, look no further. There is no one better than Dr. Joseph. I have not a complaint about ANYTHING. I truly could not have asked for a better experience, and I am so thankful.