Amazing Doctor That Gave Me a Perfect Nose!!! - West Orange, NJ

If you are reading through all these reviews as I...

If you are reading through all these reviews as I once was trying to find a surgeon who you can trust to give you the nose you want, I would say don’t hesitate in booking your consultation with Dr Joseph, you WILL NOT be disappointed.

I fractured my nose at the age of 10, and as a result had a bump on the bridge of my nose and an indentation on the left side of my nose, which when caught in a certain light straight on in photos made my nose look like an ‘S’ shape. I hated photos of myself and would constantly Photoshop my nose to look how I wanted it to. There was no good angle for me. I had a bump in a profile shot or the ‘S’ shape in a straight on shot.

I started to seriously think about Rhinoplasty surgery in 2008, but always hit a road-block when looking for surgeons. It just didn’t feel quite right.

In early 2012 I stumbled across the Realself website (a godsend). I started to read the reviews of all the surgeons located close to where I live, but wasn’t convinced they would give me a ‘natural’ looking nose. The nose I was born with had I not fractured it. The main thing for me was not looking like I’d had a nose job. I just wanted a better version of what I already had. After hours of reading reviews I came across Dr Joseph. His reviews were amazing. All I read was positive experience after positive experience. For the first time in 4 years, I was excited and knew I had found a GREAT doctor. I went to his website and looked through the endless photos, getting more and more excited.

I booked my consultation the next day. Gloria (the receptionist) was lovely!! So warm and friendly. I felt completely comfortable and couldn’t wait to meet Dr Joseph. Well, I wasn’t disappointed. From the moment I walked in to the office for my initial consultation, I felt completely at ease. Dr Joseph is extremely personable and you feel like you’ve known him for years. He listens to your concerns and what you want the outcome to be and then gives his professional opinion of what is realistic for you.

I left convinced his was the surgeon for me, but thought I should see some other doctors just to be sure. That never happened. I booked my surgery on the Monday after my consultation and it’s the best decision I ever made.

I thought I would be a wreck on the day of my surgery, but I was eerily calm, and It’s because I knew I was in great hands. I didn’t doubt him for a minute. The surgery went without a hitch and Dr J called me that evening to check everything was ok. He also gave me his personal cell should I have any concerns and need to contact him.

I had virtually no pain at all after the surgery (he did prescribe me pain meds, but I didn’t take any of them). I had the surgery on a Monday and was back at work the following Wednesday after my cast was removed. I had a tiny amount of bruising under my left eye, which I was able to cleverly conceal with the camouflage makeup in the after care kit given to me by Dr Joseph.

The level of care before, during and after my surgery was outstanding, including the staff at the St Barnabas Ambulatory Center.

I never write reviews, but after having been through this experience, I know how hard it is to find a good surgeon, and one you are comfortable with. I hope this review will make someone else’s decision a little easier.

I love my nose now, and whether I’m in a photo that’s a profile shot or a straight on shot I never have to worry again!!! It looks great from every angle. The days of Photoshop on my nose are gone thanks to the wonderful Dr Joseph!!! He is clearly passionate about Rhinoplasty and it’s obvious in his work

Thank you Dr Joseph!

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

I love it when that eery calm takes over! Thanks so much for sharing your experience on RealSelf.