TT and BBL - West Orange, NJ

I had been considering getting a BBL done for...

I had been considering getting a BBL done for sometime now. Wanted to get it done about four years ago when I had my first tummy tuck done, but was a little ashamed to ask the doctor about it at that time. So, this year my bff and I decided to get it done together after much research, we decided to consult with the doctor who had done my tummy tuck. After we spoke with him we were super siked. He told us that he shadowed the butt guru Dr. Mendieta, whom at the time we did not know anything about, but of course we went right home and looked him up and his results were awesome.

Now initially, all we wanted was a BBL, but when we talked to the doctor he told us that we would be much happier with the tummy tuck and BBL. My friend had never had anything done at this point and has two kids, I agreed that she would benefit from the tummy tuck and told her how happy I was with mine. Now, even though, I had a tummy tuck 4 years prior it was not as tight anymore due to some weight gain and a pregnancy so I was like okay I would get tt and BBL. So by the time we walked out of our consult we were both getting tt, bbl lipo of arms and inner thighs full abdomen, full back and flanks.

I thought that was a good deal for 8500 which included facility and anesthesia and blood work. I scheduled my surgery for March 16th and my friend was scheduled for March 9th. We talked on the phone everyday and stalked this site reading everyones stories and looking at their results. We were super excited. As my surgery date approached I started to feel like maybe I did not have enough fat to get the 1000cc each cheek that I was looking for. So I begin to try to gain weight. Everyone told me I had enough fat, but I know my body and I just did not feel like I had a whole lot of fat for him to remove. At the final consult I expressed my concern with my doctor and reassured me that I had enough fat and that I already had a decent butt and he could get me almost as big as implants. So I was good.

On the day of my surgery as I am being marked I am reminding the doctor that I want a shelf and a full round bottom with atleast 1000 ccs and he says well I dont know if I am going to be able to get 1000ccs off of you but I will get as much as I can. So at this point Iam just like what ever because we are already in the operating room. In addition he tells me that I am slightly anemic so hes taking special precautions because of that. I go to sleep and when I wake up OMG....I felt like a ton of bricks were sitting on my stomach. My stomach was so tight I could not even move. So after a lil while I finally get my self together and I start feeling my butt. Now I watched my friend a week before and her butt looked really heavy and she said it felt heavy too, I did not feel any heaviness, I felt some hardness at the top and through the middle but nothing at the bottom. When I spoke to my friend later on she broke the news to me that he was only able to put 650 ccs in each cheek. Immediately I was a lil disappointed because Ive seen 600 ccs on other people and it did not really make much of a difference.

When I got a chance to look at it later on, I was...

When I got a chance to look at it later on, I was surprised at how shapely the doc was able to get me with only 600cc's. I would say I was satisfied for the first week and a half. Here I am six weeks later and all the swelling has gone down and I guess some absorption has taken place and I just really dont know how I feel. Some days Im like I like it and others Im like I cant really tell the difference. It was worth it because overall I look alot better then before, but at the same time I can see areas where the doc could have done alot better. There are areas on my back and especially my arms where he could have lipoed much more to get more fat for my bottom. I am considering doing this a second time, but I would really like to speak to someone who went for a second round to see if its even worth it. I am also going to talk to my doctor to get his opinion, even though if I do get it done again it will not be with him. I am going to try to post some before and afters, had no intentions on creating a profile on here so I dont have many before pictures but I will see what I can find.

So its been 7 weeks and I am very happy with my...

So its been 7 weeks and I am very happy with my results. I am still dealing with alot of swelling though, going to see the doc next week to talk to him about that, but other than that I am feeling great. I know my results will only get better over time. I will be starting the gym on Monday,

I am now about 9 weeks post op and I absolutely...

I am now about 9 weeks post op and I absolutely love, love, love my new body. Saw my doc today, had to get some fluid drained from my belly and he advised me to get into a tighter garment.TI got my before pics from the office and I must say my doctor did an amazing job. I spoke to him briefly today about doing a touch up or round 2, he said it could definitely be done but wants me to wait the full recovery time. He says he put fat in the muscle which will grow. So my butt will be getting BIGGER :-).

which doctor did you go to?
Hey ms thang!!!!!!!......... good to hear that you are happy with your results.I had no doubt that you will look amazing since you already look fabulous without the ending results! where are your pictures?
Do u have pics
Hey belishous! How are you hun! I have a question for you. After your Tt procedure... Did your "LADY PUDGE" DISAPPER???? Im NOT sure if your youself had one but if you did.... Did the procedure shift your "Lady" upwards? Ibe noticed in other womens pics that it appears that their "Lady" has a higher elongated apperance which i personaly think is nice. If so..... Does everything done there still feel the same....... When you do the do or someone enjoying your buffet!........ Im sorry if its to graphic... I tied my best to make it sound at least pg 13.... Lol anyadvice on this subject would greatly be appreciated !
Lol Sunkysd you did good!!! Lol I wanna know that question too!!!
Lol... girl this question was so long ago! But I did speak to her and her girl friend back then and she said it did give her lady a semi lift.... and fun times were just fine! ;-) lol
Lol!!! So it did lift ?? Wow !!! But the motion in the ocean was still all good??!! Lol!!! Did you get a TT??? I'm getting one on March 4!!!
No not yet. Im scheduled for April 7th!!!! With dr. Robles in Dominican Republic.
Good luck babe!!!!
The sleeping position looks painful. How long did you do that for and how did your back handle it? I would just imagine my back killing me after 2 consecutive weeks of such a position, not to mention having trouble sleeping restfully as well. What was your experience? Thanks!
Lol...ok guess I have to find something to wear :-/ lol
I C U big booty.. LMBOO
It's OOONNN tomorrow niiiiight!! LMBO.. and NOOOOOO reneging!!!
thank you so much for responding and your advice will get on it, i use blue shield too and i'm in ny so i can also go to doc sanjay just have to find out about the hernia
You are very welcome, if you have any other questions feel free to ask. Good Luck!
@bagsholover, They did not pay for the whole thing. I had to pay the doctors fee out of my pocket, they covered the hospital and anesthesia. The best advice I can give you is to 1, find out if you have a hernia, 2, call your insurance company and find out if they will cover a hernia repair and then 3. find a doctor that accepts your insurance and go for a consultation let him know that you have insurance that will cover the repair and you would like to have a TT at the same time.
hey mama sorry to disturb you with all my questions.... but pls hook me up not trying to be in your business like that just want to know how your insurance paid for your first tt , cos if mine can pay i would love that
Hi, thank you, so much for your information, it's been so helpful. I am also planning to have a BBL and TT next year. I am a bit worried about the healing process as I am coming from the UK to have these procedures done. I am going to stay in a hotel for about a week, do you think I will be alright on my own? After the surgery were you able to move around? How long did it take you to feel "normal" again. Do you have any other advice or tip you can give me. I really want to have the TT and BBL together but am also very anxious. By the way, before I forget, your new booty looks great. I am happy that as time goes you are more happy with your results. Thank once again.
Thank you blessedandfavoured...glad I could help. As far as coming here alone and not having anyone to help you, I would not recommend it. You will need some help especially the first couple of days, maybe even after. I have a high tolerance for pain so I was pretty much doing things on my own after the first few days. The one tip that I will give you that I gave my friend is to have your surgery done in the winter or very early spring because the recovery period is long and it is miserable wearing those garments in the summer. Other then that I cant think of anything thing else off the top of my head but if you have anymore questions I would be more then happy to answer them. Good Luck with your surgery!!! :)
you look wonderful ,surprised he could achieve this with just 650cc , question u said the tummy tuck and bbl was $8500 pls how much was your first tummy tuck
Thank You bagshoelover, I was surprised too. My 1st tt was around $5500 but my insurance covered part of it.
whoa thanks for replying that is a good price for the states. if you dont mind me asking what insurance do you use, also how come they covered it considering it's cosmetic surgery
I think I had blue cross, blue shield at the time, but I had a hernia which the doctor repaired in addition to the tt so thats why they picked up the costs for the facility and the anesthesia which would have been another $3000 to $3500. I paid 5500 out of pocket.
You look good girl who was your dr.?
Thanks Brat2846, I went to Dr. Sanjay Lalla here in NJ.