Absolutely Wonderful Rhinoplasty Experience and Amazing Life Changing Results! -West Orange, NJ

I have wanted rhinoplasty surgery since i was in...

I have wanted rhinoplasty surgery since i was in 8th grade. I hated my side profile so much. I am a petite girl, but my nose was just too big and pointy. I was soo self conscious and I was always obsessing over how much I hated my nose.. I am now 21 years old and decided to finally go through with it. I was always nervous though about actually going through with it, because what if I didn't like it? But I decided that it was a risk I was going to have to take and I started doing my research.

I came across Dr. Joseph's website online. I did alot of research and read alot of reviews. His office was not far from me. I decided to email him and ask him a few questions. Within about a half hour he responded to me, which showed me that he truly cared. I proceeded to call his office and made an appointment for a consultation that same week. AWESOME!! I was so excited.

Consultation day came - $75 for a discussion and pictures. He uploaded them onto his computer and showed me what he would want to accomplish if I chose him to do my surgery. I was in love with what the outcome looked like. He examined my nose and unfortunately told me that I had extremely thin skin, the thinnest skin he has ever seen in his life, but he was still confident to work on me. Also, small talking with him, it turns out that he works in the same office building as my cousin, and that Dr. Joseph was even at my cousin's wedding last year - small world!!! Dr. Joseph is very personable, friendly and caring. It was right then and there where I knew Dr. Joseph was going to be my surgeon. He was my one and only consultation because I was that confident in him. And boy was my instinct correct!! =]

Fast foward .. It was now a week before my surgery. I went in for a pre op visit. He explained everything to me in extreme detail and didn't leave anything out. He also gave me arnica, which helped soo much with the bruising and swelling. I was soo excited!!!!

Surgery day was finally here!! I woke up bright and early and my mom drove me to the place. Every person that I encountered was extremely nice, caring and helpful. I spoke with the anesthesiologist and then Dr. Joseph came in to speak to me also. He marked my nose and I was led to the operating room. He held my hand as I was given anesthesia and within seconds I was out.

I woke up with an extreme urge to urinate and extreme dry mouth. I was taken to the bathroom and I was given water. I finally was more alert and the nurse read me all the directions. Surgery had taken a little over two hours. Surgery was at 830am and I was home on my couch by 2pm.

The recovery process was NOT BAD AT ALL!! I know this is going to sound crazy, but I swear to everyone who reads this, I was NOT in any pain at all during recovery. I was prescribed Vicodin, but never took it. The only medicines I took were tylenol, the antibiotic he prescribed, and I had to continue to take arnica to help the bruising. The swelling was bad on the second day, but by the third day it went down. Honestly, the worst of the entire recovery process was sleeping, only because your mouth becomes soo dry (since you can only breathe through your mouth), that you wake up alot and you dont get a good nights sleep. But besides that, everything else went fine. I had no packing inside, so a drip pad was used, that I changed as needed.

Finally, 8 days later it was time to get my bandages removed! I had waited for that day since I was young. Unfortunately, I had gotten news at 4am that morning that my grandmother had passed. Being extremely upset, my excitement level had dropped. But as the day went on, it was time for my appointment. My mom came with me and we had told Dr. Joseph the news. He was extremely caring and sympathetic, which was really nice. But when it came time to taking off the bandages, it did feel a little uncomfortable. My nose was still swollen and bruised and a little numb at the tip, so it felt weird. But off the bandages came, and he handed me the mirror. OH MY GOSSHHHHHH!! I fell in love. This is what I had wanted and dreamed of. I was also given a really nice makeup kit and was shown a tutorial of how to apply it to hide whatever brusing was left (even though everyone was surprised that I had really no bruising at all by that point).

Dr. Joseph truly performed a miracle. I now had a rounded out smaller nose. There is no way I could be more happy. It is now a month and a half later and I now look at my nose every day with a smile =] I went for a post op appt last week. He told me everything looked great and that there was still swelling in my tip, which will continue to go down.

I can honestly say this was an awesome experience and I encourage anyone who is interested in rhinoplasty to just do it and I totally recommend Dr. Joseph to everyone! SO HAPPY WITH MY RESULTS!!

THANK YOU DR JOSEPH!!!!!!

Gabby C

I have wanted rhinoplasty surgery since i was in...

THANK YOU DR JOSEPH!!!!!!

Gabby C

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Internet

Updated on 4 Mar 2013:
Internet

You look more beautiful! :)
lovely!! Not too sound stalker*ish (too late) but did you by any chance post this on IG for "rhinoplastY'?? I remember thinking holy crap I want her surgeon...Most surgeries done by this Dr. that I've seen on Realself are wonderful! Wish I knew about this site BEFORE my procedure.
amazing result and looks very natural
You look so beautiful! What perfect results! It really is so natural looking and your nose still keeps some of its uniqueness. I love it! Gorgeous!

Your results are absolutely lovely. Thank you so much for your review!

thank you! and no problem!
You look beautiful. Please keep updating.
will do! and thank you!
Wonderful results! Congrats!
thank you!
Wow! Your results are amazing and so natural. It looks like a nose you were born with and completely flatters your other facial features.
thank you! i think it rounds out my face and everyone who sees me in person says its so natural looking. he did a really awesome job
I just LOVE your results!!! Thank you for posting all of the details about your journey :) Can I ask how many rhinoplasties your surgeon does in a typical year???? I too only went to one consultation and am really comfortable with him but he only does about 5 rhinoplasaties per year....
thank you!! and no problem =] and I dont remember exactly how many a year he performs, but it is definitely more than 5. here is his website: http://www.ericmjoseph.com/
You were beautiful also before, but now you look absolutely stunning! Wonderful results!
thanks!!!
Your nose is great! You still look like you but your nose doesnt distract me from your eyes anymore! Looks like money well spent!
thank you!!! I am so happy it is not distracting anymore. And it was money definitely well spent!
OMG amazingggggg!!! You look beautiful and the nose is perfect and no longer distracts from your beauty!!!!!
thank you!!!!