OMG It's Today, Been Waiting 29yrs to Have This Done - West Bloomfield, MI

I've wanted to do this since I was 15yrs old and I...

I've wanted to do this since I was 15yrs old and I was told by a Internist my mom took me to because I was trying to lose weight to lose my boobs, don't have it done you will have horrible scars. So that was put in my mind and that was the end of it.I have always been a small person 5ft and 108 lbs with D and DD size boobs( one of each). I went to a 34G with each pregnancy(3) and BF my last for 3 yrs at the age of 40. Never in my wildest dreams thought I'd BF that long. So now 44yrs old and with big, saggy, uneven boobs that I hate and have my whole life, I decided to have a Breast Reduction and was going to pay for it. I had a free consultation and found out I met the criteria for my insurance for it to be covered ( weight and height and how much he could take off). Now if that's not and invitation to have it done, right? So here I am at 4am( surgery at 11;30am) because I couldn't sleep and looking a more pictures and reading blogs I decided to write one too. I have found them so helpful in what to expect. I am very scared but excited also, I just keep thinking of what they look like and problems I have with buying bra's, swim suits, tank tops ect.ect..and I know this is right.

Day 5 post-op. Still having some discomfort more...

day 5 post-op. Still having some discomfort more around the sites where the drains were, and when I've been doing things all day. I am trying to limit myself but it's hard when you have 3 kids. I go tomorrow for my 1st post-op appointment, I have to ask my PS if I will get a little bigger in the front of my boob and drop down and look like a boob. Right now they are smooshed and swollen across my whole chest and very tiny, I have the surgical bra on that I think would make Dolly Parten look small . I know he said I would be a B but my 13yr daughter who is a 32A seems bigger right now. Insurance covered it, and I know I had to have a certain amount removed (around 268) one boob was right on the verge of what he could take out and the other he could remove more, being that they were a cup size difference but the PS said I would be a full B, small C at first, then said a B after it was done. I just hope they drop and have a boob shape, instead of a pubescent girl. I can deal with having little boobs and buying push-up bras if I want to have some cleavage but not with just some swelling and a nipple on my chest. Did I make a horrible mistake having this done? I have been taking 1 pain pill/day, it's Tylenol with codeine and I am constipated, I also have been taking a stool softener 3 times a day but not really helping, so I'm bloated and crabby. I have mixed feelings about having some of the tapes removed tomorrow ,I want to see but then I just want to keep things covered until they look like I want them to. I guess I'm in denial, I haven't even shown my husband yet. I know people have said you can go through a mourning process after having something like this done and I definitely feel I am doing that. I'll check back tomorrow after my appt and let you all know what the PS has to say. I have a pic pre-op but none post-op yet, I'll take one today.

Well it's been 13 days post-op and I absolutely...

Well it's been 13 days post-op and I absolutely love my new boobs. The first few days and probably up to day 8 or so I was freaking out. What have I done now I'm flat, because it really looked like I was smaller than my 13yr daughter who is a 32A. But day by day they have grown on me and I fit into a 34B soft cup bra (just tried it on for later) didn't quite fill out the very tip since I still am high and swollen and hard but that will soften and drop into a boob shape even more. I had looked at every ones pic's after they had their BR done and they still looked like boobs, where mine had looked totally flat. But they are not and these are the boobs I was meant to have. I can't wait till summer to wear all the cute tops and strappy sun dresses that my boobs could never wear and buy bra's ( a lot of them lol ). I think I am healing well, it is still painful mostly on the incision under the breast going to the side, and just starting to sleep on my side. My nipples are very sensitive still and my right one is slightly smaller then the left, I will see how that looks after it heals ( my other nipples didn't match either) and if it bothers me that much maybe get it fixed. I am using Palmers on my breasts, the PS said to wait on any mederma or scar stuff. I see him at 3 weeks and I will let you know what he says. Everybody who is post-op, hang in there if your not quite loving the new boobs it's a big adjustment and you will go through a mourning process and then they grow on you the more you see them and you realize they were meant for you :)

I ran into someone who had a lift and reduction and she was so happy she did it. She said it couldn't hurt to get the free consultation and gave me the name. I am so glad I did.

I am older than you, and my breasts are still a little flat but you know I feel so good, it really doesnt matter....I thought the picture of your breasts were just perfect...it takes a while for them to soften up ...
Oh ladies I have needed u so! I am 4 weeks post op DD to a ?? C I hope! I thought I was going nuts cause I DON'T love them and I think I look like a boy. I feel much less guilty and weepy. I had a mini tummy tuck too so most of the "cyber buddies" have been TT and breast augmentation ladies and I am thinking OMG what have I done! Will try to pull all of u up that have had similar feelings in hopes I will feel better. Thank you thank you thank you!
Lulu, I just looked at your pics...and you don't look anything like a boy...you look very feminine and proportional! Give yourself time to adjust to your new perky girls...you've had your new girls 4 weeks after years of the old large girls. Give yourself time to adjust and appreciate the new beautiful you.
You look fantastic. I think we are similar size. I am due to have my reduction on 20th Dec. I am looking forward to it. It is something I have wanted to do since I was 18 (30 now). I have 2 small children. I am worried about not being able to lift them, my husband will be around to help. I am an E going to a B. if my boobs looked like your at the end I would be thrilled. I am apprehensive about how they will look afterwards. I think maybe I have done too much research (if that's possible) I have looked at thousands of photos. Anyway, never used a blog before but your entry and pictures inspired me to become a member and possibly share my experiences and concerns!
You will do great,I did a lot of research too before hand and even watched a actual surgery on u-tube(ewwww) they say if you are worried about scars then you are not ready. I could not adjust to what they looked like without the bra for about 8 days I really thought I was flat and they were swollen and high so they kind of look like pec's and then there was a big expanse of skin all the way down, I was so used to them hanging down onto my rib cage. And actually I was embarrassed to show my husband, I thought he would say oh my god what have you done. He thought they were fine as is(men).But the more I saw them and they started to heal and what I looked like in shirts, even though I had a sport bra on I started to like them. It was just a big adjustment and I never thought I would have a problem with it but I did. I still do more then I should around the house and I can tell when I stretch or reach too far it hurts the incision that runs under the breast and ends on the side. I was told no lifting more then 5lbs x2 wks then no more then 10lbsx 2 more weeks. Just have you husband do all the lifting of them and if the are old enough to crawl in and out of car seats and chairs so you don't lift and just sit on floor to hold them or couch. Also he said be careful of people hugging you too hard, it can cause bleeding for ( 2 weeks). You will be fine and when you wake up you can't believe you really had it done. Good luck
Hope your healing is going well. Looks like we are of not dissimilar proportions and I think you look fantastic. I'm going from a 30E to (hopefully) a B cup in January. I don't have anxiety about them being too small but I do worry about them being too big. Your size and shape looks great on your frame. I'm going to print you out and take you to my PS next time I see him! I hope you're adjusting more and more to your new size, they do look lovely.
I think she looks great too! If I end up with boobs like that I will be over the moon. We sound like we are similar shapes. I am an E going to B, 5,5 and about 125lbs. I want to go small but I have to say I am more worried about the shape I end up with.
u look great and i think very proportioned for ur slim frame. yes ur girls will settle and i bet will be a nice tear drop boobie before too long. give it time and when ur allowed massaging will help them soften up a bit. mine are softer now but thankfully still holding up on their own! Im a d so will always want support since ur a bit smaller u can surely enjoy being braless this summer!!!
Your surgeon did an amazing job! I was so hoping for a B cup, but I think I will end up being a full C at least. I was also a 34G. You are a small person, and your breasts now are in proportion with the rest of you. You are FAR from being flat chested! Enjoy all the fun clothes you will be able to wear!
That's so funny , I thought the exact same thing , omg what have I done I look like my 12 yr old son this is not what I wanted at all. 4 1/2 months later and I love them . It takes time to see yourself differently that you have for so many years . I'm so glad you love them .
Glad you are liking you new boobies and looking forward to shopping for the "girls"!
You look fantastic and very proportionate. They change SO much over time and day to day you'll notice slight changes. They will soften, lower, and you'll look and feel great...in time, but I certainly understand the mixed feelings. I am constantly asking my hubby for reassurance but day to day I feel wonderful. Keep us posted on your healing.
I think they look great and very proportionate to your body. We are just all so used to seeing our selves with large breasts. Its a big adjustment. My surgery is next week. I cant believe how much my breasts are a part of my identity and what an emotional process this is. Hang in there :)
they seem so small, but after all they will be a B and I don't ever remember being a B. On the bright side I will get to wear what ever style top I want to and not have to be restricted like I was, it's a big adjustment at any rate.
Here are some pic's, it's going to be a long road to recovery. they are so ugly right now and do not look at all what he said will happen.
I saw the PS today and got some confirmation I desperately needed. He said they look great and now for the next 4-6 weeks up to a few months I can expect them to move out of my outer breast area/armpits and move towards cleavage area and drop down and they will hang over my suture line that is under my breast and become a nice full B. I told him that I was worried I was going to be flat and he put all to rest. I can also face the shower and start putting lotion on them. This has been an emotional roller coaster of wanting to do this and then thinking it's not going to turn out right and what have I done .
Congratulations!!
I see an improvement in the boobs, it appears some swelling has gone down and I can see a little valley between them where before it was solid swollen tissue, definitely a plus.
hey hargisjk hang in there! im 5days post op and I have had the same feelings...and if it wasnt for this site and thier reassurance I would probaly be border line depressed! Im suppose to be a d but they look like a negative b to me right now! lol..I just dont see it!! I know its hard but lets remember why we did this in the first place..it will get better.. I have been taking stool softners for the constipation..which i think is one of the worst parts of this whole thing! cause it makes your belly stick out..ugh... anyway stay encouraged girly, keep us posted, and post pics..:)
I'm sure your are feeling like you just had a mastectomy and what the hell did I just do. It will get better as we heal and we have to trust that our PS did just what they said they would. It was our identity before and now it's gone,hopefully to be replaced by something better. and yes I do remember why I hated my boobs before. I have plenty of pic's to remind me. I read it will take 6 or so months to really see your shape and the result. Not good for a type A personality. Stay strong.
I've had similar thoughts about the shape, and have been reassured by a close friend who had the surgery that the shape does change as the healing progresses. As for the constipation and bloating...mine finally left a few days after stopping and with a bit of help from softners...
How far are you post op?.. and what was your before and after size. Was it what you expected?
I am 11 days post op, and was a 40 D/DD prior to surgery. I wanted to be a B after surgery but PS said he'd go as small as he could safely. I think I will be a B in the end and while it is smaller than I was, it is what I wanted.
Well it's done. My BP was elevated at the hosp (nerves)and they assured me that they could take care of it while under anesthesia.I don't remember leaving the little pre-op room and then woke up after surgery it was a weird feeling. My Dr said I will be a B cup, I feel so flat chested now. They are swollen, high and seem like an A cup. I have been reading that as I heal they will soften, drop and fluff( whatever that means). The surgical bra I'm in is so tight I need people to help hold it together to hook it. I had pain and discomfort the first 3 days but today is better. I know I wanted this done but they seem so small now, I guess I'll have to get used to the new boobs, it was not love at first sight. There is alot of swelling upper chest and between them. It does feel alot like when your milk comes in for BF, there is nothing I can do for the final size of what they will look like but wait and see. I just have to remember how I hated them before and all the bra's and clothes and swimsuits that didn't fit correctly. Did anyone else have these feelings after surgery?
Awesome for you!! Keep us posted!