OMG It's Today, Been Waiting 29yrs to Have This Done - West Bloomfield, MI

I've wanted to do this since I was 15yrs old and I...

I've wanted to do this since I was 15yrs old and I was told by a Internist my mom took me to because I was trying to lose weight to lose my boobs, don't have it done you will have horrible scars. So that was put in my mind and that was the end of it.I have always been a small person 5ft and 108 lbs with D and DD size boobs( one of each). I went to a 34G with each pregnancy(3) and BF my last for 3 yrs at the age of 40. Never in my wildest dreams thought I'd BF that long. So now 44yrs old and with big, saggy, uneven boobs that I hate and have my whole life, I decided to have a Breast Reduction and was going to pay for it. I had a free consultation and found out I met the criteria for my insurance for it to be covered ( weight and height and how much he could take off). Now if that's not and invitation to have it done, right? So here I am at 4am( surgery at 11;30am) because I couldn't sleep and looking a more pictures and reading blogs I decided to write one too. I have found them so helpful in what to expect. I am very scared but excited also, I just keep thinking of what they look like and problems I have with buying bra's, swim suits, tank tops ect.ect..and I know this is right.

Well it's done. My BP was elevated at the hosp (nerves)and they assured me that they could take care of it while under anesthesia.I don't remember leaving the little pre-op room and then woke up after surgery it was a weird feeling. My Dr said I will be a B cup, I feel so flat chested now. They are swollen, high and seem like an A cup. I have been reading that as I heal they will soften, drop and fluff( whatever that means). The surgical bra I'm in is so tight I need people to help hold it together to hook it. I had pain and discomfort the first 3 days but today is better. I know I wanted this done but they seem so small now, I guess I'll have to get used to the new boobs, it was not love at first sight. There is alot of swelling upper chest and between them. It does feel alot like when your milk comes in for BF, there is nothing I can do for the final size of what they will look like but wait and see. I just have to remember how I hated them before and all the bra's and clothes and swimsuits that didn't fit correctly. Did anyone else have these feelings after surgery?
Awesome for you!! Keep us posted!
Hope your procedure went well. You are going to love the new, smaller girls. I am 6 days post surgery, drains were removed yesterday. Be sure you listen to your doctor, take your meds and let someone else take care of you for a few days. Keep ahead of the pain with your meds... I bought Arnica Montana from Whole Foods to manage bruising and swelling and believe it made a pretty big difference. Hope you are recovering now...keep posting as your recover.

Day 5 post-op. Still having some discomfort more...

day 5 post-op. Still having some discomfort more around the sites where the drains were, and when I've been doing things all day. I am trying to limit myself but it's hard when you have 3 kids. I go tomorrow for my 1st post-op appointment, I have to ask my PS if I will get a little bigger in the front of my boob and drop down and look like a boob. Right now they are smooshed and swollen across my whole chest and very tiny, I have the surgical bra on that I think would make Dolly Parten look small . I know he said I would be a B but my 13yr daughter who is a 32A seems bigger right now. Insurance covered it, and I know I had to have a certain amount removed (around 268) one boob was right on the verge of what he could take out and the other he could remove more, being that they were a cup size difference but the PS said I would be a full B, small C at first, then said a B after it was done. I just hope they drop and have a boob shape, instead of a pubescent girl. I can deal with having little boobs and buying push-up bras if I want to have some cleavage but not with just some swelling and a nipple on my chest. Did I make a horrible mistake having this done? I have been taking 1 pain pill/day, it's Tylenol with codeine and I am constipated, I also have been taking a stool softener 3 times a day but not really helping, so I'm bloated and crabby. I have mixed feelings about having some of the tapes removed tomorrow ,I want to see but then I just want to keep things covered until they look like I want them to. I guess I'm in denial, I haven't even shown my husband yet. I know people have said you can go through a mourning process after having something like this done and I definitely feel I am doing that. I'll check back tomorrow after my appt and let you all know what the PS has to say. I have a pic pre-op but none post-op yet, I'll take one today.
You look fantastic and very proportionate. They change SO much over time and day to day you'll notice slight changes. They will soften, lower, and you'll look and feel great...in time, but I certainly understand the mixed feelings. I am constantly asking my hubby for reassurance but day to day I feel wonderful. Keep us posted on your healing.
I think they look great and very proportionate to your body. We are just all so used to seeing our selves with large breasts. Its a big adjustment. My surgery is next week. I cant believe how much my breasts are a part of my identity and what an emotional process this is. Hang in there :)
they seem so small, but after all they will be a B and I don't ever remember being a B. On the bright side I will get to wear what ever style top I want to and not have to be restricted like I was, it's a big adjustment at any rate.

Well it's been 13 days post-op and I absolutely...

Well it's been 13 days post-op and I absolutely love my new boobs. The first few days and probably up to day 8 or so I was freaking out. What have I done now I'm flat, because it really looked like I was smaller than my 13yr daughter who is a 32A. But day by day they have grown on me and I fit into a 34B soft cup bra (just tried it on for later) didn't quite fill out the very tip since I still am high and swollen and hard but that will soften and drop into a boob shape even more. I had looked at every ones pic's after they had their BR done and they still looked like boobs, where mine had looked totally flat. But they are not and these are the boobs I was meant to have. I can't wait till summer to wear all the cute tops and strappy sun dresses that my boobs could never wear and buy bra's ( a lot of them lol ). I think I am healing well, it is still painful mostly on the incision under the breast going to the side, and just starting to sleep on my side. My nipples are very sensitive still and my right one is slightly smaller then the left, I will see how that looks after it heals ( my other nipples didn't match either) and if it bothers me that much maybe get it fixed. I am using Palmers on my breasts, the PS said to wait on any mederma or scar stuff. I see him at 3 weeks and I will let you know what he says. Everybody who is post-op, hang in there if your not quite loving the new boobs it's a big adjustment and you will go through a mourning process and then they grow on you the more you see them and you realize they were meant for you :)
I am older than you, and my breasts are still a little flat but you know I feel so good, it really doesnt matter....I thought the picture of your breasts were just perfect...it takes a while for them to soften up ...
Oh ladies I have needed u so! I am 4 weeks post op DD to a ?? C I hope! I thought I was going nuts cause I DON'T love them and I think I look like a boy. I feel much less guilty and weepy. I had a mini tummy tuck too so most of the "cyber buddies" have been TT and breast augmentation ladies and I am thinking OMG what have I done! Will try to pull all of u up that have had similar feelings in hopes I will feel better. Thank you thank you thank you!
Lulu, I just looked at your pics...and you don't look anything like a boy...you look very feminine and proportional! Give yourself time to adjust to your new perky girls...you've had your new girls 4 weeks after years of the old large girls. Give yourself time to adjust and appreciate the new beautiful you.

I ran into someone who had a lift and reduction and she was so happy she did it. She said it couldn't hurt to get the free consultation and gave me the name. I am so glad I did.