1 Week Post Hi Volume Vaser - Extreme Pain/Swelling

I love and trust my surgeon but I was not prepared...

I love and trust my surgeon but I was not prepared for the extreme pain I’m still in. I can’t sleep because my abdomen is swollen larger then before I had surgery. Its now starting to get hard.

On 3/30/ 2010 I had vaser on my abdomen, neck, back and flanks. It was done in a hospital in DC and I stayed overnight because of the amount he took out (8 liters).

I just want to know if there is anything I can do to help with the swelling because trying to lie down and sleep at night is so painful. I can slowly move around but does walking help with swelling? How long before swelling goes down.

I will post my full story including pictures once I’m not in so much pain and the swelling has gone down enough to take post op pics. Thanks for any help.

Ok so I'm 4 months out and love my results. My...

Ok so I'm 4 months out and love my results. My stomach is still hard in places and of course I don't have a completly flat tummy but I love it.

After all is said and done it was worth it.

After all is said and done it was worth it.

List Pros & Cons, Advice you can offer others

List Pros & Cons, Advice you can offer others

Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Very nice and explained everything so that I had a realistic expectation after surgery. I plan on going back to have him due a breast reduction for me.

Good to hear you are happy with the results. I had Vasor a week ago and my doctor removed 4 liters. I started getting discouraged over the last few days because I am swollen about 6" larger than pre-op. I see picture of people looking great days after surgery and I look nothing like other people's after pictures.
Glad your doing well. Can't wait to see the photos
Yes, I did. It went well. Lots of draining the first night. No pain for me however, lot of swelling. I am going for my one week visit on Friday and will post before and after photos.
Ms Cee have you had your surgery yet? If so how did it go?
Juicy Supar Star, I love your results. We have similar shapes and I am scheduled to have Vaser Lipo of the upper and lower abdoman and flanks on March 15, 2012. You have given me so much hope. Thanks and by the way, you look fabulous!!! You are working it girl!!!!
I am getting ready to have this done in a couple weeks. I am glad to see another woman on here that is not already "skinny". I am 196lbs before my procedure. I am having my arms, abdomen, flanks, top of my feet (YES FEET) and upper buttocks/ lower back done. I am going to a reputable surgeon in my area. I was nervous that I wouldn't see real results due to my size. I'm realistic and don't even want to be skinny but was anxious. You've reassured me!You're latest pic looks GREAT!!!!
I know what you mean! I'm 199 and I want to see some before and after of someone that doesn't look like they needed the surgery. Please post before and after photos.
sorry to here the recovery has been so painfull but i have to say considering the 4-5 month recovery u look great.im having the same procedure in a months time.probly not as extreme as yours but im realy scerd.do u still feel any pain?
nope no pain at all. Still hard in places but no pain. So overall Im happy and already planning my next surgery. Breast Reduction.
Sorry it took so long to update with pictures once I was back to functioning normally(4 weeks) I started getting busy with life again...
Hey Jucie I hope you're feeling better. Where did you have your procedure done? Have you healed enough to see what the end result will be? I am considering the high volume lipo and would like to find a good doctor. That being said I'm a single mother so I don't have the luxury of alot od "down" time. Any input is appreciated. Have a great day!

I had it done at Sibley Hospital in DC my is {edited}. Love him and I trusted his judgement. I just posted pictures so you can see the before and after. My weight is the same but I look better in my clothes.

Edited by Sharon: We've added your provider info to the review. Thanks!
I'm curious to know where you went. I plan on getting my vaser done in July here in DC?
Hi Juicy, how are you doing? Can you see a difference already. I am also considering having the Vaser done to my thighs and bum (very big at those areas) and would like to be prepared and know more about that (you know the high volume and Vaser). I hope your are doing fine by now. Any before and after pics?
Yes he said they took out 8 liters. I was overwight and not close to ideal weight so it was considered large volume. I still have swelling but I'm down from a 16 to a 12 so far.
wow im sorry you had pain, can i ask how much they took out? im wondering cause i have no pain , soem swelling and briising but no pain at all, not even taking tylonal
Yes, I was given oxycodine and Im only taking 1 instead of 2 because they make me dizzy. UPDATE: Its 4/14 and the swelling has gone down some and some of the hard lumps are gone but my stomach is still too swollen to see results. Im getting around better and not in as much pain. Im wearing my garment everyday and waiting for my swelling to go down so that I can really see my results. I was told that because he was so agressive in the amount he took out Im expected to have more swelling and a longer recovery.
I hope you get better :) Did they give you any pain medication? I was prescribed some, but I wasn't in much pain after my surgery though. I've hardly had to take any of them at all. Stay strong, you will get better.

Sorry to hear your recovery is so painful. Keep your compression garment on (if you have one) and try to rest as much as possible. Check out this thread for more advice:

How long does swelling post-VASER Lipo last?

Good luck and hope you're feeling better soon!