1 Week Post Hi Volume Vaser - Extreme Pain/Swelling

I love and trust my surgeon but I was not prepared...

I love and trust my surgeon but I was not prepared for the extreme pain I’m still in. I can’t sleep because my abdomen is swollen larger then before I had surgery. Its now starting to get hard.

On 3/30/ 2010 I had vaser on my abdomen, neck, back and flanks. It was done in a hospital in DC and I stayed overnight because of the amount he took out (8 liters).

I just want to know if there is anything I can do to help with the swelling because trying to lie down and sleep at night is so painful. I can slowly move around but does walking help with swelling? How long before swelling goes down.

I will post my full story including pictures once I’m not in so much pain and the swelling has gone down enough to take post op pics. Thanks for any help.

Hey Jucie I hope you're feeling better. Where did you have your procedure done? Have you healed enough to see what the end result will be? I am considering the high volume lipo and would like to find a good doctor. That being said I'm a single mother so I don't have the luxury of alot od "down" time. Any input is appreciated. Have a great day!
I'm curious to know where you went. I plan on getting my vaser done in July here in DC?
Hi Juicy, how are you doing? Can you see a difference already. I am also considering having the Vaser done to my thighs and bum (very big at those areas) and would like to be prepared and know more about that (you know the high volume and Vaser). I hope your are doing fine by now. Any before and after pics?

Ok so I'm 4 months out and love my results. My...

Ok so I'm 4 months out and love my results. My stomach is still hard in places and of course I don't have a completly flat tummy but I love it.

sorry to here the recovery has been so painfull but i have to say considering the 4-5 month recovery u look great.im having the same procedure in a months time.probly not as extreme as yours but im realy scerd.do u still feel any pain?
Sorry it took so long to update with pictures once I was back to functioning normally(4 weeks) I started getting busy with life again...

I had it done at Sibley Hospital in DC my is {edited}. Love him and I trusted his judgement. I just posted pictures so you can see the before and after. My weight is the same but I look better in my clothes.

Edited by Sharon: We've added your provider info to the review. Thanks!

After all is said and done it was worth it.

After all is said and done it was worth it.

nope no pain at all. Still hard in places but no pain. So overall Im happy and already planning my next surgery. Breast Reduction.

List Pros & Cons, Advice you can offer others

List Pros & Cons, Advice you can offer others

Good to hear you are happy with the results. I had Vasor a week ago and my doctor removed 4 liters. I started getting discouraged over the last few days because I am swollen about 6" larger than pre-op. I see picture of people looking great days after surgery and I look nothing like other people's after pictures.
Glad your doing well. Can't wait to see the photos
Yes, I did. It went well. Lots of draining the first night. No pain for me however, lot of swelling. I am going for my one week visit on Friday and will post before and after photos.
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Very nice and explained everything so that I had a realistic expectation after surgery. I plan on going back to have him due a breast reduction for me.