I am 5'5" and between a 12/14. - Worth Every Penny - Washington, DC

I have been considering lipo for some time because...

I have been considering lipo for some time because I had pockets of fat around my belly and hips that no matter how much weight I lost would not go away. I am currently not at at an ideal weight but have been working on losing weight for months. I am 5'5" and between a 12/14. I decided to go ahead and get lipo done now because I am getting married in the caribbean in November and wanted to look good for the wedding. I was also hoping to be ina size 10 by the wedding.

I had the procedure done on Friday- today is Wednesday the following week. I had my upper and lower abs and flanks done. I was extremely nervous going in but the medicine they gave me calmed me done. I was awake for the entire procedure and both the doctor and nurse kept me very cofortable. In total they took 2.5 liters of fat out and the procedure took about 2 hours. I could see the results immediately.

I went home,took my meds and went to sleep. I woke up a few times to change the pads and re adjust the compression garment. I did have serious nausea during the night which pepto, water and laying down helped with. The next morning, I felt really good and actually tried on some clothing that had not fit in years. As expected though, the swelling came on gradually over the next two days and I have severe bruising in my pelvic area. Pain was also worse than I expected especially on days 3 and 4 after the surgery.

Yesterday I had a lymphatic massage which helped with the pain, swelling and bruising. I am scheduled for a series of 5 over the next 2 weeks. I am currently completely off pain medicine except to help me sleep, back to working out and back to work. The compression garments are not comfortable, but bearable and I found putting medical tape on my skin beneath the garment on the areas that rub or pinch makes that more comfortable. I am currently in my regular clothes (size 14) which are loose even with the compression garments, bandages and swelling issues. I am so looking forward to the next two weeks of improvement. I will post pictures soon.

I would recommend this procedure to anyone but would say to be worth it you should have a decent pain and discomfort tolerance, some patience (especially because the swelling and bruising stink) and an area that you have wanted to get rid of for some time.

Dr. Gilead Segev