I am 5'5" and between a 12/14. - Worth Every Penny - Washington, DC

I have been considering lipo for some time because...

I have been considering lipo for some time because I had pockets of fat around my belly and hips that no matter how much weight I lost would not go away. I am currently not at at an ideal weight but have been working on losing weight for months. I am 5'5" and between a 12/14. I decided to go ahead and get lipo done now because I am getting married in the caribbean in November and wanted to look good for the wedding. I was also hoping to be ina size 10 by the wedding.

I had the procedure done on Friday- today is Wednesday the following week. I had my upper and lower abs and flanks done. I was extremely nervous going in but the medicine they gave me calmed me done. I was awake for the entire procedure and both the doctor and nurse kept me very cofortable. In total they took 2.5 liters of fat out and the procedure took about 2 hours. I could see the results immediately.

I went home,took my meds and went to sleep. I woke up a few times to change the pads and re adjust the compression garment. I did have serious nausea during the night which pepto, water and laying down helped with. The next morning, I felt really good and actually tried on some clothing that had not fit in years. As expected though, the swelling came on gradually over the next two days and I have severe bruising in my pelvic area. Pain was also worse than I expected especially on days 3 and 4 after the surgery.

Yesterday I had a lymphatic massage which helped with the pain, swelling and bruising. I am scheduled for a series of 5 over the next 2 weeks. I am currently completely off pain medicine except to help me sleep, back to working out and back to work. The compression garments are not comfortable, but bearable and I found putting medical tape on my skin beneath the garment on the areas that rub or pinch makes that more comfortable. I am currently in my regular clothes (size 14) which are loose even with the compression garments, bandages and swelling issues. I am so looking forward to the next two weeks of improvement. I will post pictures soon.

I would recommend this procedure to anyone but would say to be worth it you should have a decent pain and discomfort tolerance, some patience (especially because the swelling and bruising stink) and an area that you have wanted to get rid of for some time.

Where did u get ur work done at?

Thanks for sharing your story! Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Dr. Gilead Segev