Hoping to Finally Say Goodbye to my Outer Thigh Dimples! (Procedure Done on 1/11)

I had cellulaze on 1/11 on my outer thighs. Like...

I had cellulaze on 1/11 on my outer thighs. Like most of us on here, I had been plagued by horrible cellulite since I was in my teens, even though I was very thin and even a competitive soccer player! Oh well, such is life.

Anyway, as soon as I heard about cellulaze, I was sold. I came onto to this site for months and months in order to help me decide whether I should go for it or not. Because this site helped me to decide, I thought it only fair that I should write a review detailing my situation.

As many have stated on here, the numbing is the worse part of the process. It is painful, although I wouldn't rate it more than a 4 on a scale of 1-10 (full disclosure: i had twins a year ago, and that was really painful, so my tolerance might be a bit higher than some others). During the procedure, there were a few times where I could feel a very painful burning. Not sure if I wasn't numbed enough or what, but that did hurt quite a lot (lke a 7) but the pain subsided within about a minute. The whole process took about 3 hours. One suggestion I would make - bring headphones! I listened to music the whole time and it really helped me to forget where I was and even doze off a few times (the 2 xanax and 1 tylenol/oxy didn't hurt either).

After it was done, I was strapped into my compression garmet and sent on my merry way. I had some drainage for the first day and a half. It was bad enough to soak through my dressings, compression garmet, sweatpants and 2 towels on my bed, but like I said, it ended after about a day.

One VERY important thing I want to share with you all - and I haven't seen this mentioned here before - is that you have to be VERY careful when you are taking off the conmpression garmet for the first time. I pulled it down the day after the procedure to change the dressings on my incisssions (they were soaked and i was worried about infection if I kept them like that). I got sooooooooooooooooooooooooo dizzy and felt horrible. I was totally disoriented and didn't know where I was, who my husband was, or even who I was. That then made me very scared and i think I had a full-on anxiety attack. I had a few leftover xanax that my husband gave me, and I was fine in about 10-15 minutes. I re-read my discharge instructions and saw that patients can suffer from extreme dizziness the first time they take off their compression garmets - probably from all the blood circulation. I had no idea that it would feel like that, but want to warn everyone to make sure someone is with you with first time you take off (or even lower) your compression garments to watch out for you. Had my husband not been there, I am positive I would have fallen and/or passed out. Yikes!

Right now, I am pretty bruised, but wouldn't say I am in any pain. I actually walked about 2 miles yesterday and was fine, and have been chasing my 1 y/o twins around the house since the morning after the procedure. I am def a bit sore, but nothing too bad at all.

I go back to the doctor on Friday for a follow-up. I will try to post some pictures then. Fingers crossed that I will have smooth outer thighs in a few months!

I'm very curious after swelling goes down .. If you see a big change. My friends who've done this all think their cellulite is gone .. The fluid from swelling and meds make it appear better . Good luck .

Thank you so much for deciding to share your story with us. As I'm sure you know, with each story so many of us are glued to each detail curious of how things will turn out.

I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you when you took your garment off - thank goodness your husband was there!! I appreciate you making a point to fill us in on that. That could definitely be a frightening experience!

Looking forward to hearing your updates!!

P.S. Congrats on your twins - how fun!! :)