It Works- Warsaw, Poland

The areas which were liposuctioned were lower and...

The areas which were liposuctioned were lower and upper abdomen and flanks. The procedure itself was painless as it was done under IV sedation, I woke up a few hours later and I was told I had about 1.5 litres of fat removed.

I still had bandages and a drainage tube attached to bag to collect the blood. Overall the surgery went great.

There wasn't any immediate pain, just still a bit under the effects of sedation. I was taken back to the hotel for rest. I did however feel cold and shivered at some point, I suppose due to having less fat as insulation.

The next few days were sore, not painful really just quite sore as if I've had a hard session at the gym. Drainage tube was removed a few days after and same for the stitches.

During the time I have been wearing a really tight compression garment which was advised for at least 3 weeks.

A month down the line I realised a crease which had formed before was not fading and so I contacted the surgeon and he said it was fine and nothing to worry about.

6 months down the line, although I am happy otherwise with the result, the crease seems to be permanent and not going away. It is unsightly, so I am now in the process of contacting the surgeon for a re-corrective surgery!

I'm not sure whether it was the compression garment that caused this or the uneven removal of fat. Either way don't think vaser lipo has perfect results all the time. I personally believe that the surgeon's skills and experience is far more important in the outcome.

I will update this status of my situation.

1st recorrection 6 months after

I had some reservations about the outcome of my surgery and raised it with my surgeon. From the pictures I sent him, he said that it looks like a recorrection was needed and I flew back for the surgery. Upon consultation he said that it looks like some fat was still trapped in the lower abdomen and got set there. It happens with some people and I just happen to be the unlucky one who has to undergo the recorrection (free of charge). The doctor was very kind and professional as usual, I felt very comfortable.

The surgery went fine; had a further 600 ml of fat removed and the drainage tube was removed a few days later. While compared to the first time though, this time the pain and soreness was significantly more. I assume he was more rigorous with his liposuction this time to make sure there is no residual fat, but one thing for sure there was still painful bruising and soreness for a week.

So far I am happy with the results and the crease seems to have faded, although it is still early to tell for sure but I am confident this time that this is what I was expecting. The plastic surgeon did a great job to correct the initial result and I realised even the best surgeons experience complications in their patients.
Dr Batijewski

How is everything going now?