painful - Waltham, MA

I have never had so much discomfort in my neck...

I have never had so much discomfort in my neck area as I have now. It's been two years and I feel like someone has their hands around my neck and chocking me at all times.

VANITY is not worth it. People have died from this procedure. I wish I would have reviewed my facts more carefully before doing something so stupid.

All doctors are aware of the dangers of administering anesthesia to a patient. When I had my breast off at B&W in Boston, I was given a self-administering IV with Morphine drip after surgery. Within 20 minutes I began having severe symptoms. It took a nurse another 20 minutes to come despite my constant pressing on the button. She took one look and knew. Suddenly there were 2 more nurses and a doctor. I had uncontrollable vomiting, racing blood, severe abdominal pain, etc. I was given two shots to counteract the Morphine. When finished, I was completely exhausted from the ordeal. It is more common than people are aware and is, despite improvements over the past few decades, listed as a cause of concern even in hospitals. And, the problem with ambulatory settings is the inability to monitor and/or record accurate data/reports. A professional anesthesiolgist should have been present. No ifs, ands or buts. I lost a HS friend at 40 for a simple stent procedure due to the anesthesia given him. If given a choice, I would rather have a competent doctor over a nice one any day. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2697561/
There are a lot of sad & scary stories to be sure. A phrase I use often in a variety of peoples circumstances is "There but for the grace of God go I". Many many years ago I heard a neighbor say it and since then I have also.
The choice between a competent doctor and a nice one is easy.
I was fortunate. I was confident that I had both when I chose Dr. Alex for my surgery.
I would like to put in my 2 cents on Dr Alex. I researched extensively before choosing Dr Alex and found him to be highly reputable. I am deeply sorry for Impacted's results. I was fortunate to have gotten very good results. Surgeries are not without risk and we can't predict how our bodies will react to surgical trauma from cosmetic procedures. Please ladies, do not ever make a decision such as this, quickly. Even though I had complete confidence in Dr Alex, I stressed over whether my results would be as I had hoped, not to mention a terrible mistake. Rest in Peace Dr Alex. I am grateful for the life changing results I am able to enjoy.

.It's nothing but a meat market. The pain is excruciating. I don't look any better today than when the procedure was done. I cannot feel my neck it's so numb. The stitches from my ear are still visible. And I feel like I have a rope around my neck.