SeptoRhinoplasty and Turbinate Reshaping - Walnut Creek, CA

I had been thinking about getting Rhinoplasty done...

I had been thinking about getting Rhinoplasty done for about two years, and decided to take the plunge this summer. Dr Behmand was the second doctor I had a consultation with and I felt comfortable with him right away. He explained the procedure very thoroughly and answered any questions I had. After the consultation I knew he was the doctor for me, so I went ahead and booked my septorhinoplasty date for Monday 8/4/14.

What I liked about Dr. Behmand was that during our pre op visit, I brought photos of noses that I felt would be good for my face shape, and he told me that he would bring them into the surgery room with him. I've never heard of a surgeon doing that - I was really pleased by that.

My surgery was scheduled to be at 3:30 that day but I believe he was running behind on schedule so my surgery ended up being around 5pm. It was a three hour procedure. I came out of anesthesia a little nauseous and threw up a few times that night. But after that I haven't thrown up again so far.

It is now Wednesday, 8/6/14 around 4am, It is a little difficult to sleep propped up so I keep sleeping in 2-3 hour intervals. I am extremely swollen and bruised up around my eyes. Dr. Behmand did inform me that bruising will get worse up until day 3 and then it should start to subside.

So far from what I can see through the bandages and taping, my nose looks awesome! I know it takes some time to see the full results but I can already see the shape, and I am really happy about it.

I will post after pics after I get my splints taken out on 8/12/14.

I am attaching a photo of my nose before the surgery.

8/8/14 - 4th day of recovery

I feel sooo much better today! Yesterday (the third day) was most likely the worst day of recovery, i had a pretty bad headache and my sinuses and head all just felt really congested. But ever since this morning I feel almost normal :)
San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

Very thorough in explaining the procedure. Makes you feel at ease right away. Great dr!

Dr. Behmand and his team are amazing. The aftercare are as top notch as his skills in the OR. You're going to be so happy with your choice of doctor once you get to see your results.
You're in the thick of the hardest part right now. Hang in there! It will get better.
Thank you!