SeptoRhinoplasty and Turbinate Reshaping - Walnut Creek, CA

I had been thinking about getting Rhinoplasty done...

I had been thinking about getting Rhinoplasty done for about two years, and decided to take the plunge this summer. Dr Behmand was the second doctor I had a consultation with and I felt comfortable with him right away. He explained the procedure very thoroughly and answered any questions I had. After the consultation I knew he was the doctor for me, so I went ahead and booked my septorhinoplasty date for Monday 8/4/14.

What I liked about Dr. Behmand was that during our pre op visit, I brought photos of noses that I felt would be good for my face shape, and he told me that he would bring them into the surgery room with him. I've never heard of a surgeon doing that - I was really pleased by that.

My surgery was scheduled to be at 3:30 that day but I believe he was running behind on schedule so my surgery ended up being around 5pm. It was a three hour procedure. I came out of anesthesia a little nauseous and threw up a few times that night. But after that I haven't thrown up again so far.

It is now Wednesday, 8/6/14 around 4am, It is a little difficult to sleep propped up so I keep sleeping in 2-3 hour intervals. I am extremely swollen and bruised up around my eyes. Dr. Behmand did inform me that bruising will get worse up until day 3 and then it should start to subside.

So far from what I can see through the bandages and taping, my nose looks awesome! I know it takes some time to see the full results but I can already see the shape, and I am really happy about it.

I will post after pics after I get my splints taken out on 8/12/14.

I am attaching a photo of my nose before the surgery.

8/8/14 - 4th day of recovery

I feel sooo much better today! Yesterday (the third day) was most likely the worst day of recovery, i had a pretty bad headache and my sinuses and head all just felt really congested. But ever since this morning I feel almost normal :)
San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

Very thorough in explaining the procedure. Makes you feel at ease right away. Great dr!