SeptoRhinoplasty and Turbinate Reshaping - Walnut Creek, CA

I had been thinking about getting Rhinoplasty done...

I had been thinking about getting Rhinoplasty done for about two years, and decided to take the plunge this summer. Dr Behmand was the second doctor I had a consultation with and I felt comfortable with him right away. He explained the procedure very thoroughly and answered any questions I had. After the consultation I knew he was the doctor for me, so I went ahead and booked my septorhinoplasty date for Monday 8/4/14.

What I liked about Dr. Behmand was that during our pre op visit, I brought photos of noses that I felt would be good for my face shape, and he told me that he would bring them into the surgery room with him. I've never heard of a surgeon doing that - I was really pleased by that.

My surgery was scheduled to be at 3:30 that day but I believe he was running behind on schedule so my surgery ended up being around 5pm. It was a three hour procedure. I came out of anesthesia a little nauseous and threw up a few times that night. But after that I haven't thrown up again so far.

It is now Wednesday, 8/6/14 around 4am, It is a little difficult to sleep propped up so I keep sleeping in 2-3 hour intervals. I am extremely swollen and bruised up around my eyes. Dr. Behmand did inform me that bruising will get worse up until day 3 and then it should start to subside.

So far from what I can see through the bandages and taping, my nose looks awesome! I know it takes some time to see the full results but I can already see the shape, and I am really happy about it.

I will post after pics after I get my splints taken out on 8/12/14.

I am attaching a photo of my nose before the surgery.

8/8/14 - 4th day of recovery

I feel sooo much better today! Yesterday (the third day) was most likely the worst day of recovery, i had a pretty bad headache and my sinuses and head all just felt really congested. But ever since this morning I feel almost normal :)

7 months post op

I wanted to wait to update my review because I wanted to give my nose sufficient time to heal and for the swelling to go down. By 7 months I think your nose takes the shape that it will pretty much look like.

One thing I will say that recovery for rhinoplasty is a roller coaster within itself, some days the swelling is bad and your nose will look huge and other days it isn't too bad.

For my case, unfortunately I am unsatisfied with the results.

My results are more subtle than what I expected. The front of my nose (the width, tip, and nostrils) wasn't really altered as much as I expected. The bump was removed, but the nose still droops and wasn't lifted as much as I had hoped. One of my nostrils is also bigger than the other, I was hoping this would go away because of swelling but it seems like it's going to stay this way.

When I went for my consultation with Dr. Behmand I thought he completely understood what I wanted, we discussed on lifting the nose in a way where there was a bit of 'nostril show' (that was something discussed that sold me on him as the dr for me) and that didn't happen.

Needless to say that I am already researching revision specialists.

My advice would be, don't rush into a Dr. Do your research and really look at before and afters to make sure that he/she has previously worked on noses similar to yours and had results similar to what you want.

Don't get me wrong, he is a very sweet and caring Dr. with a great staff. However, my results are definitely not what I was expecting. Perhaps he is a good rhinoplasty dr for someone looking for only bone work such as a large bump on the bridge, but not so much nostril and tip work - from my experience.

Hope this helps! I apologize to those who messaged me about updating this review, I just wanted to give my nose enough time to heal before saying if I was satisfied or not.
San Francisco Plastic Surgeon