Had Sclerotherapy Done for my Bad Varicose Veins! -Walnut Creek, CA

Ever since losing weight & working out more,...

Ever since losing weight & working out more, the varicose veins on my left calf/knee have become more prominent and painful. I finally decided to pay the money & get serious treatment for them (compression socks alone helped with the pain, but not with how they looked). I just had it done this morning & while it hurt a bit while she did it (especially when she was injecting near/on the bone) I feel fine now & am moving around with no problems! I can take the bandages & compression socks off on Wednesday night.. I'll update with pictures then.

Day 2 - thought I would wake up with some pain...

Day 2 - thought I would wake up with some pain from not moving my legs much throughout the night & thankfully I was fine! Not being able to shower was the roughest part. Needless to say, I will be VERY thankful come Wednesday night when I can take the compression thigh-highs & bandages off!!!

Took the bandages & compression socks last night &...

Took the bandages & compression socks last night & WOW!!!!! Most of the bruising is on my right leg (behind the knee - where it hurt the most!).. the veins on the left calf/knee are almost totally gone! She had warned that the veins might be hard & if they don't go down on their own, she will take care of it at our follow up in 4 weeks. I am so excited to be able to rock some shorts this summer without being self conscious of these gnarly veins. I've been working my a$$ off to get my body in shape & then to have to keep my legs covered up because of veins was a huge bummer. Very much worth the money & having to wear these compression socks for a month!!!
I have the small spider veins on my legs and unfortunately I have to have several treatments. Not very painful and definitely worth it. Congrats on your weightless and not to sound weird, ut your painted toes looked cute! I just had sclero done today and I made sure my toenails were painted in hopes my feet wouldn't be too gnarly!
Sorry about the typos - I think this iPad auto corrects or something
Thank you!!! It wasn't too painful & so very worth the cost!!!

Looking and feeling MUCH better!!

As the photos show, there's still some bruising, but it is MUCH better than before!! I am very, VERY happy with my results. My husband is next up to get his done!
Hi there. I'm surprised that Kaiser did Sclerotherapy on your varicose veins. I had a varicose vein on my right calf that protruded a bit and the doctor recommended the VNus Closure. Then I came back for the spider veins ($840) and had them taken care of by Sclerotherapy. I'm curious if they ever mentioned the VNus Closure procedure to you? Unless your vein wasn't so bad, but usually for varicose veins, they do more of a heavy duty type treatment on them.
I want to get this done but what is the acutual cost out of pocket.
Hi Natalie, I went thru Kaiser & it wasn't covered at all with insurance, so I had to pay $600. If you only need the 15 minute treatment, it's $300. But in July they have a discounted price :)
Kaiser