Breast Reduction - The Beginning of my Transformation Journey - Walnut Creek, CA

Here's my story. But first I have to say,,,,my...

Here's my story. But first I have to say,,,,my surgery is today, I have to be at the hospital at 11:15 and I'm both nervous and excited. I look forward to wearing clothes I've never been able to wear but I'm so afraid of how I will do during the healing process. I'm 40 years old and have always had large breast. Having large breast was not a problem for years but gravity is starting to take it's toll and because I had liposuction years ago, I think weight gain has gone to my breast more than any place else on my body. I'll post pictures within the next few days! Pray for me all!

Today June 23rd I"m wearing my surgical bra and...

Today June 23rd I"m wearing my surgical bra and placing ice packs on my breast. The surgery went well but I had the drain in for two days which was not fun. Thanks to my husband, I didn't have to empty them. I thought my throat was going to be really sore and that I wouldn't be able to eat but I was fine and able to eat anything I wanted. Today, I'm taking it easy but will take my first shower. I can't wait to be at least a month post op to see what I'll look like. Currently, my girls are sitting so high that it don't look normal lol,,,, I'm ready for them to drop. Is this normal ladies?

Well nothing has changed as far as my breast...

Well nothing has changed as far as my breast looking any different. I was hoping to be less sore and and hoping the new girls would drop but, I guess I'm being anxious. Today I went with my family to enjoy some fishing. I basically sat in a chair while my husband fished. I was so happy to be out of the house. It's funny because my daughters can't get over how small my breast are, they have been so use to seeing my huge "knockers" that the full C's looks strange on my body. I'm enjoying the thoughts of fitting into clothing I never thought of purchasing.

OK, I have to say,,,,,I noticed something interesting today. I have sensation in my right nipple while my left nipple is totally numb. I can't help but to wonder just how long this will last. If the sensation does not return to my left, I guess I can be thankful for the sensation in my right!! Anyone have this same experience?

Today is August 13th and I'm almost two months...

Today is August 13th and I'm almost two months post op my breast reduction. There's not much to say because I didn't have any serious issues. I hope the best for all you out there getting this procedure and I wish you luck with the insurance paying the cost and for your healing. I'm so very pleased with my outcome of BR and TT. Happy Healing ladies!

My doctor had a great attitude, response to questions were/are expedient. The only issue would be that I saw my Dr's Assistant 3 days post op instead of seeing her and I feel I didn't have much time to say anything to her or thank her after the surgery. I hope to see her two weeks post op. I must say, her Assistant is great. I gave "payment process" 5 stars because my insurance paid for it. I only paid the $10 co-pay before surgery,,,,can't complain about that!!

Looks fabu
Thanks Msbrandnew1!!. I'll get my BBL in January 2015 to make everything complete!
beautiful results. Who was your surgeon?
Beautiful results. How long did you have to wait for the surgery? I've heard Kaiser has long waiting lists.
YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!
Hi WorkingHard!
Thank you I was DD-DDD post op. I explained to my PS that I didn't want to be too small. She kept telling me that there's no guaranteed size but after my surgery she told me I would be a C-D which I'm happy with. Good luck on your upcoming - when is it?
p.s. Fox....what was your breast size were you preop? And your size now? I hope my PS doesn't get me too small!
foxxsey1- your looking good girl! Boobies are beautiful -- hope I have a similiar outcome in a few weeks!
Breasts look great congrats on your new body!!
Thanks JLO!!!
LOL Iowa you are too funny!! Thank you for the compliment it' really makes me feel great! The white outfit is for my upcoming cruise in October. www.Venus.com has wonderful swimwear.

You are going to have an amazing time on your cruise! You will strut along the decks with more confidence than you have ever had before!
that's exactly what I'm hoping for :-)

I think I just spit ice cream all over my computer screen! You are freaking amazing in that suit! I don't know what beach you are going to, but I'm pretty sure you will be stealing the show!
Hi Positive!!
Yes, your surgeon is correct but, if she/he is particular about the issue they will make certain to do the best to correct it. Yes, I was very asymmetrical before and was told the same thing but she also told me she'd make certain to correct it the best she could.
Sorry to ramble on but,,,,,the first PS I went to for the reduction immediately told me there was a high chance I would still be asymmetrical and everything about him was more neg than pos so I went to the second doctor. She was a ray of sunshine, she had years experience and also told me the same thing but what I liked is that she didn't make it seem as if the correction wasn't possible. She also told me that within 6 mos they might be completely the same size. Good luck my dear!

Happy Healing!!
Hi! I am about to have a reduction and lift from 36DDD to 36D...My doctor told me that a lot of times if your breasts are asymetrical there is a possibility that even after surgery they might still be asymetrical...I think you look fabulous I was wondering if you were asymetrical before?

Smooth sailing after two months! Glad you are doing so well!!
Thank you Iowa!!
Foxxsey1
Thank you for posting your pix. You look great! I'm a woman of color and had concerns about scaring and such. Are you pleased with yours? I was blessed enough to have had my surgery a Kaiser in SoCal, however I was told that scaring... Well it is what it is!I just
had my surgery on the 8th and I can't wait to shower! I had a TT years ago and I don't regret it for a minute. Take it easy and rest!
Hi KP90211 thank you so much!! I'm happy with the results. I had a TT on Tuesday and I'm still waiting on pleasing results, I'm still really swollen. With the BR I saw results immediately. Good luck just follow dr's instructions and make sure to massage the scar when the dr. says it's ok. Post pics so we all can see!
Happy Healing!
Hi foxxcey1! Just felt the need to tell you your results look absolutley FLAWLESS. I just had my breast reduction this past Wednesday & they look pretty good for it to be this soon if I do say so myself. I only hope I end up with your results!
dr. tina smith kaiser walnut creek. thanks im really happy. sorry for all small letters im lying down.....recovering from a tummy tuck.
you look great did u have any before pic i am goin for tt/mr/lipo pray i look nice like u
I love your results. Who is your doc?
Hi Iowa71,
I'm going shopping at Wal-Mart for those specifics. Thank you. I"m having my Tummy Tuck on Tuesday, if this cream works well on my BR scar I'll be using it for TT as well. I'll keep you all updated.