Alligners Go in on Monday! - Virginia

Major orthodontic procedures when I was young....

Major orthodontic procedures when I was young. Headgear, split palete surgery, and almost six years of metal braces. Retainers worn, but only for a short time (that's all they said we needed back then!). I am now 53 and my teeth and bite have shifted quite a bit. After years of research I have decided, along with my Orthodontist, to procede with Invisalign. We'll see how it goes, and I shall report regularly.

Wow, it sounds like you really did go through a lot of treatment growing up. Good for you for deciding to do Invisalign! I'm going to be curious to hear what you think of the trays in comparison to the traditional braces you had as a kid.

Hoping all goes great at your appointment!

One week down in 1 of 22...attachments and...

One week down in 1 of 22...attachments and aligners all the same day. A bit of discomfort for a few days, but nothing a little Aleve didn't take care of. My biggest issue at this point is my eating schedule. I have prefer eating several small meals throughout the day, but that is inconvenient with the aligners. I travel for a living and I don't like removing the aligners while I am away...fear of losing them and it's a little strange removing them in front of others. I'll have to adjust.

Yeah, it really can be a big adjustment the first week or two. It seems after that people get used to having them and it just becomes routine. Hoping the adjustment goes as easy as possible for you & you find time to eat!! :)

Day 2 of the second set. Still not thrilled with...

Day 2 of the second set. Still not thrilled with having to take them out to eat or drink ANYTHING but water. Very annoying. I love to cook, but I also love to taste as I prepare...not happening with the aligners. Also having an issue with very chapped lips and dry mouth, although I am drinking massive amounts of water.

So far the experience is less than optimal for me...but I have a ways to go, so we'll see how things progress and what improvedment comes.
Hi Clew, sounds like we are at the point in our treatment and I too have very chapped lips... I can't figure out if it's due to the brushing 4-5 times a day or the extra stretching when I remove my aligners. Anyway, I am glad to hear I am not the only one experiencing this, I have been using Carmex moisture plus for a few weeks now and it is very soothing! It comes in a silver tube like lipstick (not the finger apply type)...anyway good luck Clew just wanted to shout out what works super for me!

Sorry to hear things are still a bit of a challenge. :-/ Hopefully your body adjusts quick so the chapped lips & dry mouth lessen.

Alan Garai

So far I am in the beginning stages of treatment. Will keep you posted