Tummy Tuck and Lipo - Virginia Beach, VA

I am scheduled to have a tummy tuck on May 12th...

I am scheduled to have a tummy tuck on May 12th (pre-op April 26th) and I am scared out of my mind!!! I am 22, will be 23 in May and have a 5 year old son that tore my body apart. I've been patiently waiting for the right time to invest in my surgery, and now just so happens to fit my schedule!

I have posted pictures of what I look like now and was wondering if anyone knows what I should expect for realistic results. I want a flat tummy and want those love handles GONE!

Any reassurance and advice would be GREATLY appreciated, I've never been through a surgery before and like I said am extremely panicky right now. Thanks in advance!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

By the way, I am currently 150 lbs, 5'2. (Chubby,...

By the way, I am currently 150 lbs, 5'2. (Chubby, I know) I was 196 when I went into labor with my son 9/22/05, and before getting pregnant I weighed probably around 105. So all this weight is a big burden on me.

you will be fine just had mine done 4 days ago and pain is truly not too bad except walking....but at the same time it feels good to get up and move around.....pain meds help alot
Wow its crazy how alike our tummys look! Ill post my pic later...Im having my tt on May 3rd..Im super nervous.But like you I just want my tummy gone NOW..:P
It will be ok. I had mine two weeks ago and I am now up and walking around and standing mostly straight. My PS gave me Vicodin for pain reliever. I also had a pain pump too which was amazing! Not all PS's offer them though. I had lipo done on my flanks because I had really bad love handles and now they are totally gone. I am so happy!! (you can see my before and after on my review) Good luck and feel free to ask me any questions. I know how much it helps to be able to talk to someone about it. I'm excited for you!

Well I went to pre-op today and everything went...

Well I went to pre-op today and everything went great!! I was soo impressed to find out all of my exercising is working, I've lost over 10 lbs and now only weigh 140! Unfortunately enough my stomach or flanks never shrink so the surgery is absolutely necessary to gain back my pre-pregnancy body. My doc took my before pics and prescribed me percocet for pain, phenergen for nausea (I have a weak stomach) and keflex for antibiotics. Also gave me ambien to help me sleep the night before. I have 16 days until surgery and I'm so nervous it's ridiculous, but he has reassured me that everything will BE OKAY and I'll be so happy with my results.  Does anyone know what I should use to help heal the scar? He showed me where it would most likely end up and it's really low so I'm pretty happy about that. Again, any advice or information you can lend would be very appreciated!!! Thanks for your comments!!

Hi there Ce3nie... just wondering how you're doing...
How can I edit my post with new pictures?
Hi Ce3nie, Click the "Edit" link towards the top of the page (you must be logged in first) and you can post updates.

So I finally did it. I am a month and a half post...

So I finally did it. I am a month and a half post op and if I had to, I would do it all over again tomorrow. I am soooo impressed with what my Doctor has done for me, he has truely changed my whole outlook on life!! I'll run through what I remember of the experience. The day of surgery I was suppperr nervous, didn't really know what to expect since this was my first surgery EVER. The staff at the office made me feel really comfortable and at home. The last thing I remember there was the anesthesiologist putting the last bit of fluid into my IV and telling me this would be the last thing I'd remember until after surgery, and he was so right! I woke up groggy, not really all there to understand what was going on. Surgery was scheduled for 745 and I was home before noon. The first couple days are really a blur to me, I was on so much medication I really don't remember. A lot of people tell me now that they came to see me but I really don't even remember seeing anyone. I did, though, take most of you guys' advice and stay in my lazy boy recliner for the first week or so. The best advice anyone could have given me was to press a folded pillow into my incision when standing up and sitting down, if I didn't know that I have no idea how I would have been able to use the bathroom as much as I did. I had 2 drains, one came out the 5th day and the other the 7th day. My doctor has a 4 day healing process, so I was able to take my garment off the 4th day, even before the drains came out. Which was really nice because I see a lot of people up here complaining on how much of a pain it is. The first few days I didn't really eat much of anything except for fruit and pop tarts. Just didn't really have an appetite. My surgery was on a Wednesday and I was back to work the following Thursday, so anyone that is looking to get this surgery done, it is really not as bad as some people say. The pain meds make it soooo much easier to cope. I did end up with a seroma and had to have it drained twice. But since my stomach was still numb, I barely felt it. Before I went into surgery I weighed 155, weighing myself this week I weigh 141. The doctors office told me they took off 7-8 pounds of fat during surgery. It's amazing! I have no regrets AT ALL, and if I needed to, I would do it all over again!

You look so great! Looking at your pictures makes me extremely excited about getting my TT. Congrats :)
You look great if u can update us your close to 6 month mark
You look awesome!! :D

List Pros & Cons, Advice you can offer others

List Pros & Cons, Advice you can offer others

Look at you! That is amazing! Congrats! So happy for you!!
Wow you are beautiful, you have inspired me. My stomach is very similiar to yours at the beginning. Your results are fabulous. Thanks for sharing your story and pictures.

I am almost 10 months post op and am scheduled...

I am almost 10 months post op and am scheduled next week for a revision on my hip area. There are some places where my skin comes to a point and the doctor has agreed to fix it. He explained that it is a simple process, and I can even drive myself there and back. I am concerned about the back part of my body now though, it seems there is loose skin hanging after the lipo, in which my doctor has assured me there is absolutely no fat, just the extra skin. I may look into getting another surgery to fix this but for now I am focused on next week. I have attached some up to date pictures of what I look like now. Any suggestion on how to lighten the scar? Also, my stomach sort of bulges over the scar, it is not flat. Any commentary will help. Thanks!!!

You look absolutely amazing!!! I'm in the market for a tummy tuck and lipo and Dr. Galumbeck is one of the sites I came across. After seeing he offers the Mommy Makeover, I searched reviews and found yours. You look absolutely incredible, so with that I'll be setting up a consultation to see him soon. Can you post some new pics of how the scar looks now? I had 3 kids via c-section, and that scar isn't too bad. Just curious what yours looks like so far post-op.
You look beautiful! I am the same size you were pre op. Hope my results are just as great! My surgery is Nov 23rd, 2011. Congrats to you!
Omg you look amazing...glad to knw everything went so great wish u the best chula
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Dr and his staff go to great extent to make the patient feel comfortable and knowledgeable of their experience. I am completely satisfied with his service, wouldn't have wanted it any other way!