Full Tummy Tuck with Medial Thigh Liposuction - Vineland, NJ

At 41 years old, I legitimately had a mid-life...

At 41 years old, I legitimately had a mid-life crisis, and decided it was time for me to finally feel good about myself!! About 20 years ago, I lost 100 pounds through diet and exercise. Despite the exercise, the loose skin from my weight loss stayed put. Since then, I have had two children(8 &5) , both c-sections, and the saggy skin just got worse. For the most part I eat healthy and work out 7 days a week. I felt defeated that I tried everyday to improve the area, but nothing could fix it, other than a TT. I made an appointment with a PS, who was recommended by a relative, and asked for the first available date. The PS validated that I could continue working out forever, and never fix the area.

I scheduled the surgery for the first day of my summer break, as I am a school counselor, and wanted the summer to recover.

At this point, I am 5 days PO, and feeling stronger each day. I will post pictures after my follow-up appointment on Monday night. I am so hopeful that the drains will be removed at that time. They tug on everything, and are so sore. I underestimated the recovery, I figured it would be really comparable to a c-section, but it is much more difficult to get around at first( probably due to the drains.

So far it is worth the discomfort. When I am not totally swollen, I can see glimmers of a flat belly. I can wait until I can completely see the end results. I am not so sure about the lipo to my inner thighs. I don't see any difference at all. Maybe they are too swollen, only time will tell.

7 days PO ...Buh bye drains!!!!!

Yay!! Drains were removed and the steri strips are gone. I had my one week post op with my ps and feel like such a weight has been lifted. Those drains were unbearable! It did not hurt to have them removed but it was by far the most bizarre sensation I have ever felt. Post op pictures will be up tomorrow. I am beyond swollen tonight.

On a separate note.... I had the great pleasure of meeting a fellow real self, beautiful woman tonight in person. I read her profile on here last week and she has helped me with a ton of questions this week during my recovery. It just so happened that we were scheduled for follow up visits at the same time. Thank you much:)

Finally a few pictures

I have finally added a few PO day 8 pics. I regretfully never took pre-op pictures.

2 weeks PO

I can't believe it has been 2 weeks since the surgery. I am so much better than I was 2 weeks ago, however, I still know that I have a long road to recovery ahead. I really underestimated this surgery, and definitely the recovery. I am so disappointed that I didn't investigate this website ahead of time. I don't want to be a complainer, but I miss my mobility. I should have scheduled this surgery in the dead of winter. I hate that it is summer and I am so limited in what I can do physically. Let alone, what I can wear. No new pictures because I am swollen all of the time. It is so discouraging. I definitely looked thinner and at least had a waistline before my TT. I can't wait for "swell hell" to subside a bit. Maybe pictures next week.

Swell Hell day and night!!

Just wanted to update some pictures. The swelling is pretty much day and night! Looking forward to the turmeric and bromelain to kick in fast!!

Getting there, slowly but surely

It is amazing how much better I feel with each passing day. I think I am back to normal but quickly realize I am not when I blow up like a balloon by mid-day. Other than the daily swelling battle, I would say that I have been pretty fortunate with this recovery. I never realized how long it would be to completely heal, and I dream of the day I can return to my beautiful wardrobe. Yoga pants and maxi dresses are getting old really fast!!!

4 week PO

I finally got before pictures from my ps tonight. So sorry they are blurry but they were photocopied. I am so glad that I can look back at the before photos on the days I feel sorry for myself.

6 weeks po

Today marks 6 weeks po. It has been a long journey. We went on vacation last week to the beach and I had a set back from overdoing things. Fortunately, relaxing in a beach chair for several days helped out tremendously. Yesterday was the first time I went 12 hours without my binder. I think I see an end in sight. Hoping to increase exercise in the upcoming weeks to regain all of my muscle loss. Looking forward to ending the jiggling of my thighs!!

Just when I thought I was out of the woods!

I am officially 9 weeks po and very happy that life is normal once again. I can pretty much do everything again other than lift heavy weights or jog longer than 5 minutes in intervals. I am concerned though with my belly button. It is still red and raised. I happened to be at my cosmetic dermatologist for some Botox ( I just keep spending money...lol) and we discussed my procedure. She asked to look at my incision and she advised me that I have keloids and should call my ps to be seen right away because they can grow....eeeewwwwhhhh. Nonetheless I am seeing the ps Thursday night and will keep everyone posted.

Hypertrophic Scar

I met with my ps on Thursday evening and he advised me that I do not have keloids around my belly button. Apparently I have something known as a hypertrophic scar. Right now, he suggests that I wear a silicon sheet on my belly button for 12 hours a day for at least six months. He wants me to come back at that point to see if there is improvement. No bikinis for me...lol...not that I was wearing one anyway. Hoping this helps. If not, he will explore possible steroid shots around the belly button incision at that point. I will continue to keep everyone advised. I am so grateful I have this amazing group of people to share this journey. Happy healing to all!!
Vineland Plastic Surgeon

So far, Dr. Watts has been amazing. He answered all of my questions and gave me realistic expectations.