Vietnam Implant Dentistry – the Good, Bad and the Ugly? - Vietnam

I would to share my dental implant story I had...

I would to share my dental implant story I had done in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. I am doing this because generally people don't think of Vietnam as a place for dental surgery.

In my childhood my teeth didn't look great. As an adult I had spent a lot of time and money to make them look better. About 5 years ago i had a upper left molar tooth removed, leaving an unsightly gap. With the high cost of implants in Australia and being extremely fearful of surgery, I didn’t think I would ever have the tooth replaced. I soon moved to Vietnam and found Westcoast International dental clinic.

They took a cat-scan (CT scan) and found I didn't have enough bone for the implants. So they did what they call a sinus lift bone graft and the implant placed all at same time while under sedation.

Months later everything healed and the new implant in grafted bone worked out well. After this I went on to remove a front baby tooth, removed and an implant placed. I had whitening of all the teeth, 2 front composite veneers and 2 other crowns in the front. I am so pleased with my new teeth and smile. I now, for the first time in my life, I am told often that I have really nice teeth!

So no bad or ugly components to this Vietnam story, the Iv sedation did leave me feeling a bit sick after each time. However, i was able to sleep most of the day. No complications and a really good result.

I highly recommend the Westcoast team.

How long did you stay in Vietnam? Did you stay there until the treatment was completely finished or did you travel back to do some follow up? Do you have their contact information?

Wow.  The results really speak for themselves!  And I never, ever would have thought to go to Vietnam for dental surgery.  For others who may be interested in the future, could you please share a bit about how you managed to find this doctor, and how long the entire process took, from start to finish?  Also maybe you could also explain a little bit more about the bone graft.  Most of the time, it has to heal for many months before it's able to be used.  What is different with this technique that that is not the case?  And what was the recovery like?

Thank you so much for thinking of writing this review.  I'm sure it will be extremely helpful to others around the world who find it!

Hi TwoPlusOne, For the first Implant i had the sinus lift bone graft and implant placed at the same time. My surgeon Dr Andrew Tsang did the procedure for me under IV sedation it took about 1 and a half hours. I was told it would be a "Closed" lift. They used cera bone. This is "synthetic bone, the implant was implant direct. I felt little pain after, but very little. I was given antibiotics and pain killers from the clinic. I had to wait almost 4 months for the implant to heal and Dr Andrew said "Integrate" into my jaw. The second stage was the abutment and crown on top. Completed in 5 days. How i found Westcoast. I was introduced to a Western lady who works for the clinic. Her name is Amanda. I then did some research on the internet, they had raving reviews and many happy clients. I can now say i am one of them.
Dr Andrew Tsang