Picosure Tattoo Removal (Lots of Colours!) - Victoria, BC

Hey Everyone, I got this tattoo less than a year...

Hey Everyone,

I got this tattoo less than a year ago. I went in wanting a hummingbird flying out of lots of colour on my forearm. At the last minute I decided to have it put higher up on my arm with only a little of it on my forearm. I thought it was ok when I got it, I wasn't too fussed either way. I recently graduated and began working in a professional occupation in which having my forearms exposed is much easier. I also recently got a tattoo that showed me exactly what an amazing artist can do. For these reasons I decided to have the part of this tattoo on my forearm completely removed. The part extending up my upper arm I will eventually have lightened and hopefully covered since I doubt I would be able to have the red and yellows removed completely. I also still really love tattoos as long as I can cover them up easily.

My first session is today with the Picosure laser which from what I've seen has pretty much annihilated most people's blue, green, and purple tattoos. I was quoted $350 per session for the forearm part and a bit above my elbow.

After 1 Session

Hey, sorry for the very delayed response, started my new job and has been very busy and let this go by the wayside. It's been months since my first treatment and I haven't had any since because I find it near impossible to get to the clinic as it is only open Tues-Fri and I work several hours away. Hopefully will manage a morning off soon so I can get another one in. Pretty impressed with the progress though! The laser pretty much annihilated the blue and green and purple which is the bulk of my tattoo anyways. I think I'm just going to lighten up the top part of my arm for a coverup and completely get rid of the hummingbird if possible.
Victoria Dermatologist

you have some amazing fading with the picosure, which supposedly is best for colours, and you are a testament to that. Good luck with continued fading. aloha...k
Amazing! I'm in Manitoba and wish picosure would come here.
Looking good! Thanks for us updating us!
*thanks for updating us!
Hey there, just checking in to see how you are making out with your removal, have you had anymore treatments?
They have picosure in Victoria? I'll be in the area at the end of the month... please let us know how the treatment was and how your progress is over the next couple weeks. (I was initially considering removal in Vancouver at the Gastown tattoo studio; Some really good results there, with just Qswitch laser though..)
aloha Strathcona, so excited to see someone from my beloved Victoria. I miss it so much, are the cherry blossoms out yet? I'm glad that you have someone in your area to do the lasering and you don't need to head over on the ferries to Vancouver. All of this lasering off takes time, and that can suck at times but it'll be worth it in the end. In the meantime, you'll get some wonderful support here from people all over the world with ink regret. From Russia all around to Australia there are people with ink regret. And you'll get some excellent advice also. I know from my experience and reading others that staying positive is key to a healthy immune system that can gobble up the blasted ink. Avoid alcohol if possible, it really does keep the system running top notch. Follow the doctor's after care instructions and the newest thing is spacing sessions far apart, it helps keep the fading going. You might also want to look at sleeves, skin coloured ones that is to hide the tattoo. I know that barbiedoll90 has used them and they work awesomely. Good luck with your fading, keep us posted, we're all in this together. aloha...k
Thanks for sharing your story and good luck with your treatments..Keep us posted! :)
Thanks for sharing your story with us, I think your tattoo is nice, but understand your reasoning for removing it. It will be interesting to watch your progress, look forward to your updates!