Very Unhappy

I had my lower lids done 4 years ago. Too much...

I had my lower lids done 4 years ago. Too much fat was removed. The hollow appearance of my eyes make my face look sunkin in and old. I also have excessive wrinkles under my eyes now. I was told by my surgeon to "be patient", that my eyes would not look the way I anticipated for at least a year. He lied. I have been to at least 6 surgeons since my surgery to see what I should do to get my face back. I have been turned away by all of them. Apparently it is not possible to fix my problem. I regret having the surgery EVERY DAY!

Pleaase name your surgery providers so others can be aware.
Is there anything to be done for upper eye lid. I too have the hollowed eyes, but cannot find any doctors to help with upper lids. I have had fat injection to upper, but most was absorbed into my system within months and the amount that remained did not make a difference to appearance. My hollowed eyes are bad due too both upper and lower surgery and too much fat and tissue removed.
Yes, that's exactly what happened to me. It took about a year for the lumps to go but marekat on this site has been very helpful and I will try restylane again but only as I now have a recommendation of a good practitioner in LA.
I had my lower lids done 6 years ago. I was very happy with them except my doctor left some fat deposits (bags) under my right eye. I went back to him after a year and he said it had to do with the Barometric pressure in the air! They are more noticable in the winter when it's cold outside...(i live in the NE. After 6 years I started to notice the hollowness under my eyes also especially in pictures. It bothered me so much I got the juviderm injections under my eyes by the same surgeon. What a mistake! He did an awful job and I had to get it dissolved with the Hydase. I went to another PS to get that done who specialized in eye surgery, etc. and he talked me into restylane shots. Well....I was happy with that in the beginning but now, after 5 months...I see how the stuff makes the bags that were left from surgery WORSE! Plus.....I don't like the way my eyes look at all now! Some days it looks very puffy under BOTH eyes now! And I just turned 50. I don't even want to bother now to get the Hydase to remove it at this point, but I am very unhappy with the way they look after 5 months. Some people tell me the restylane may not dissolve for another year or so because when you get this stuff injected under the eyes, it could last a lot longer then in another spot on the face. I am really mad at myself now. I wish I had just left the hollow look the way it was. You really have to be carefull when you get fillers under the eyes for hollowness. Sometimes it leaves you with bumps and puffiness!
oops- "could NOT have done a finer job!"
i had Restalyne injected under my eyes for the same problem and it worked like a dream.. every day my eye hollowness was getting worse after the surgery. i finally did the Resalyne and it's made a world of difference. if it's hollowness only underneath your eyes, I see no reason why that couldn't be a fix for you. and you can go to someone other than a PS for this procedure... i go to an estitician (sp?) who does my botox. she did the Resalyne too, and couple not have done a finer job... HUGE diff!
Hi Rosa - Please share your experience by writing an Eyelid Surgery review. Our members love to read reviews by real people when researching their options and alternatives.
I had lower blepharplasty on July 29, 2007 to have bags removed. Thankfuly my eyes look great!! I was very clear when I told the Dr. to be careful, I didn't want to end up with ptosis or have a different shape. I remember the Dr. told me to look up and open my mouth as she was ready to begin the surgery, and she pinched just a bit of skin to know exactly how much to excise, she told me she was only going to take a bit of fat as to prevent hollownes. I feel lucky due to so many devastating problems outhere!!
Inquire about getting fat injected to minimise the hollowness. Apparently it can be effective. Good Luck.
Every surgeon that i have seen since my bleph has told me that my skin is too thin for fat injections. I will probably end up looking worse. My only hope is a lift (I hope). Symmetry is a problem tho...
I regret every day i had my eyes done.. i dont look the same anymore i have been depressed for two years
Consider juvederm or other fillers for the hollowness. Also, consider laser treatment under the eyes to minimize wrinkles and stimulate collagen growth.