My Artefill Experience - Vero Beach, FL

First I would like to say how important it is to...

First I would like to say how important it is to do your homework. I researched my options for  volume loss in the face and decided on Artefill. I found a physician who used the micro cannula and had experience with over 5000 injections using fillers.The initial treatment can range from two to four vials. I had 12 Artefill vials placed  in my face, mostly in the cheek and under eye area. ( During the course of five months. ) I would recommend this product based on my experience and results. I have provided before and after photos.  If anyone has any questions I will do my best to answer them.
Dr Pierone

Did you have any added around mouth? If so where exactly? Thanks, you look great!
Ok, yes! That's how they do it where I'm going. :)
Does artifill feel the same going in as temp fillers? I mean, does it hurt more?
If your physician uses a micro cannula for injections. You will have minimum discomfort. I am unable to offer a comparison as Artifill is the only filler I've used. Hope this helps
12 Vials??? Holy Cow! Why so many?? The most should be 5.
Hello, well there is no limit, my physician has over 20 in his face and most of his staff have over 20. The bottom line as you age you might need to continue to correct. The actually product is about .2 of the .8 of a 1cc. This is why you can purchase a five pack during your visit. I’m not advocating you use five or more it’s up to you and your physician.
$575 for what size syringe...04 or .08?? this is important. Also, you mentioned (i believe it was giovanna..look super amazing if you were born in 1921! lol) you had some small lumps. And the Dr had suggested it may take 6months for the artefill to 'settle'.. Ques: a. How long is it now since you had the Artfill injections pls?? b. have the lumps 'settled'????..(which doesn't make medical sense to me, as the inflammatory response is well & truley complete in 6 weeks at the very outside, in a medical grade implantable....but.. i could be wrong) or c. are the lumps now not only 'felt' via touch..but "seen" due to the swelling resolving & the continuing loss of facial fat due to the passage of time??? I'd sincerely appreciate your input. Thankyou c.
.08, my 61, the 1921 is just part of a username. You can feel the product after 14 months it's held up well. No major issues I agree over time as you lose more volume you have add more product.
thankyou for your experience. Re your age..i was just joking! :) I knew it was part of your username.
Name of a doc in Dallas / Ft. Worth please!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Any names for a Dr. that is good with Artfill in Sarasaota,Bradenton or St. Petersburg, Fl?
I would go to Vero Beach well worth the drive to see Dr. Pierone.
i also neglected to mention something obvious: men have thicker skin than women on their face. partly due to men having deep hair follicles for facial hair, it's genetic. just another thing to consider.
Great posting you have good information on HA’s and Artefill. If you can keep us up to date on your level of satisfaction over the next several months. I noticed how Artefill pulls back some over time.
happy you have had good results. but the product's only approved for use in the naso folds. HA (juvaderm) below the eyes is safe and lasts a pretty long time from my experience with it. but i didn't need more than the 0.4 ml (often called a '1/2 syringe') to get good enough correction over both sides of my face, so the cost is managable. i've seen pictures from patients who had an (obviously) inexperienced injector way overfill below the eyes. but really, a little HA goes a long way for cosmetic results.the skin below the eyes is the thinnest skin on the face. so it makes sense any lumps in the material will telescope through. there's a difference between lumps, which are part of how the material actually pushes and extends the tissues out to correct a fold, and lumps that come from an allergic or immune response-like a granuloma. those are more serious because they can be unstable and may need to be injected with an anti-inflammatory like cortisone, or evenneed to be excised in an operation. these produce scar tissue, which is different from normal tissue when you look at it under a microscpoe.
Can you tell me if you can feel any lumps or unevenness under he skin? I had artefill (2 syringes) place around the eye area 2 months ago and now have a tiny lump and general lumpiness feeling.
Hello: yes to your question, if I palpate the area around my eyes I can feel the Artefill. The skin around the eyes is very thin. If you’re concerned I would ask the doctor who injected you about them.
Thank you for your prompt reply, I saw my doc yesterday who said that it takes 6 to 12 months for the product to completely settle and that he was pleased with the initial results. He also said no one usually complains about the feel and are only concerned on the "look" . He also said this product never migrates but I have read on here that that has not been the case for some people.
I believe what he means by settling is the bovine is adsorbed leaving you with the Artefill. I'm not sure about the Artefill migrating, it should remain in place after 30mins. Follow the instructions of your doctor. I personally never mess with it or go out in the sun after a treatment. If your happy with the results that's what counts.
according to the fda report for artefill: http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf2/P020012b.pdf it's (the microspheres) not supposed to migrate at all.
i know i must be a pain in the butt. what about the eye area like bag and dark circles was artefill used because on there web page i dont see anything about the use for that.
Artefill is used under the eyes the practitioner must be experienced. If you go to you tube check out Dr. Mabrie. He offers good information on fillers. Keep in mind no filler has yet been approved for under the eyes area by the FDA. If you check out my photos I had Artefill placed under the eyes. Take care
it's not fda approved for use under the eyes. (see the fda report for artefill that i have linked above.) only to be used in the smile lines area. my doctor will not use it under the eyes. too many bad side effects possible.