My Artefill Experience - Vero Beach, FL

First I would like to say how important it is to...

First I would like to say how important it is to do your homework. I researched my options for  volume loss in the face and decided on Artefill. I found a physician who used the micro cannula and had experience with over 5000 injections using fillers.The initial treatment can range from two to four vials. I had 12 Artefill vials placed  in my face, mostly in the cheek and under eye area. ( During the course of five months. ) I would recommend this product based on my experience and results. I have provided before and after photos.  If anyone has any questions I will do my best to answer them.
Dr Pierone

Name of a doc in Dallas / Ft. Worth please!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Any names for a Dr. that is good with Artfill in Sarasaota,Bradenton or St. Petersburg, Fl?
I would go to Vero Beach well worth the drive to see Dr. Pierone.
i also neglected to mention something obvious: men have thicker skin than women on their face. partly due to men having deep hair follicles for facial hair, it's genetic. just another thing to consider.
Great posting you have good information on HA’s and Artefill. If you can keep us up to date on your level of satisfaction over the next several months. I noticed how Artefill pulls back some over time.
happy you have had good results. but the product's only approved for use in the naso folds. HA (juvaderm) below the eyes is safe and lasts a pretty long time from my experience with it. but i didn't need more than the 0.4 ml (often called a '1/2 syringe') to get good enough correction over both sides of my face, so the cost is managable. i've seen pictures from patients who had an (obviously) inexperienced injector way overfill below the eyes. but really, a little HA goes a long way for cosmetic results.the skin below the eyes is the thinnest skin on the face. so it makes sense any lumps in the material will telescope through. there's a difference between lumps, which are part of how the material actually pushes and extends the tissues out to correct a fold, and lumps that come from an allergic or immune response-like a granuloma. those are more serious because they can be unstable and may need to be injected with an anti-inflammatory like cortisone, or evenneed to be excised in an operation. these produce scar tissue, which is different from normal tissue when you look at it under a microscpoe.
Can you tell me if you can feel any lumps or unevenness under he skin? I had artefill (2 syringes) place around the eye area 2 months ago and now have a tiny lump and general lumpiness feeling.
Hello: yes to your question, if I palpate the area around my eyes I can feel the Artefill. The skin around the eyes is very thin. If you’re concerned I would ask the doctor who injected you about them.
Thank you for your prompt reply, I saw my doc yesterday who said that it takes 6 to 12 months for the product to completely settle and that he was pleased with the initial results. He also said no one usually complains about the feel and are only concerned on the "look" . He also said this product never migrates but I have read on here that that has not been the case for some people.
I believe what he means by settling is the bovine is adsorbed leaving you with the Artefill. I'm not sure about the Artefill migrating, it should remain in place after 30mins. Follow the instructions of your doctor. I personally never mess with it or go out in the sun after a treatment. If your happy with the results that's what counts.
according to the fda report for artefill: http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf2/P020012b.pdf it's (the microspheres) not supposed to migrate at all.
i know i must be a pain in the butt. what about the eye area like bag and dark circles was artefill used because on there web page i dont see anything about the use for that.
Artefill is used under the eyes the practitioner must be experienced. If you go to you tube check out Dr. Mabrie. He offers good information on fillers. Keep in mind no filler has yet been approved for under the eyes area by the FDA. If you check out my photos I had Artefill placed under the eyes. Take care
it's not fda approved for use under the eyes. (see the fda report for artefill that i have linked above.) only to be used in the smile lines area. my doctor will not use it under the eyes. too many bad side effects possible.
that's not true at all. HA-(juvaderm)-is fda approved for use under the eyes, as well as any other area on the face, to correct facial lines and other defects.
No...not true on the juvaderm for crows feet; only Botox is good there. Check your facts first, people actually read this and trust it. I am a RN that does the injections.
It they are deep you can have them softened. The thinking behind the cheek bone is it causes a lift with the laugh lines. Of course your physician will make the best decision for your face.
Why not the laugh lines?
why so many shots and what was the cost per syringe of artefill. Im 43 years old and looking to do something about it. most likely laugh lines and under eye bags and maybe cheeks. i live in jacksonville fl
Hello: well the reason behind the amount of injections is experience Artefill is permanet. The cost, if you buy a five pack it's 2750.00 comes out 575.00 per syringe. Cheeks is the way to go the laugh lines (labial folds) are not done as much these days. Your under eye bags can usually be corrected with Artefill. Hope I answered your questions.
Not true either, nasal labial folds are done all the time, this is what it is best at. Check your fact people, I am an RN that does the injections
Dr. Pierone is in Vero Beach well worth the drive.
I was hoping to find a doctor in fort Lauderdale who specializes in artfill. any names?