Painful but Working -Vernon Hills, IL

I am 39, take care of my skin since 16 by doing...

I am 39, take care of my skin since 16 by doing regular facials and preventing wrinkles by using bottom for over 10 years now. Despite of all hard work, eye lids are sagging a bit and lower jaw line as well. I also have more noticeable festoons, which runs in my family and there is nothing more applicable than ultherapy on a current market that promises to help.

I had consultation and was worked about pain, swelling and advised to take arnica or a week, which I did. Which waiting for my day of procedure, I was reading a lot of reviews and they scare me so much that I almost cancelled it. But looking at the mirror kind of kept me going in the chosen direction, so I showed up for my appointment on Friday afternoon. The person who did it was very nice, honest and did her best to customize my treatment. I started by refusing the lidocain first to avoid execcisive swelling, but the pain around the jaw lines was so bad, that in ten minutes my whole body started shaking from pain ( and I can tolerate tooth drilling without anesthesia since I was a kid). I gave up and asked to numb me. That madeva huge difference and my whole face was done in two hours.

I went home happy, excited to see results whenever time comes and glad I did it. I didn't realize my face was swollen so bad, like someone zoomed on it, until I put sunglasses on and they seem so small or my face.... I have a very caring bf, but initially I wanted to hide until swelling subsided at my sister. My face was not read, just very large and upper eyelids saggy. So, I went home to let my bf take care if me. Days later I realized, I did look pretty bad, cause he said my chipmunk cheeks were gone and he could see a difference around the eyes area. My skin was hurting, swelling slowly going down to the neck for about 4-5 days, I had a few " stripes" from burning on my neck, but I covered it up with a scar to go to work. For about a week my skin was very sensitive and kind of painful to the touch, even on my scalp. My bones were hurting for about two weeks, but nothing bad.

I started seeing results right away : skin plump and tigh, surprisingly, eyes are already lifted and festoons are a little less noticeable . Nothing on Hawkins yet, but it has been only two weeks. My closet family who I said about procedure and sent pics before and after ( even two weeks, but still) said they do see a difference.

So, ladies - if you decided to do it, don't change your mind because of reviews. Everyone is different and lifestyle plays a big role. At this day there is nothing less invasive but most effective than ultherapy, I think. It probably makes sence to do it around 40 -45 years range. It does hurt, but so would a facelift. It is costly, I paid $2200, but I think of it as investment in myself. I am looking forward to seeing more results, will continue doing botox and facials and will post pictures later.
ritacca

my provider , Sara was my little angel and made me feel comfortable, numbed me well when I asked and most importantly, she was honest about what to except.

For anyone else reading this review, numbing injections are not recommended for the treatment for a few reasons. If the pain is so severe in a certain area, the provider needs to be aware of why. When you are numb, you won't feel this and will not be able to communicate to the provider. Pain that severe can usually mean the technique needs to be adjusted and/or they are hitting something that shouldn't be hit with Ulthera. My patients do not take any medication before treatment, and I DO NOT provide any block type of injections. I have never had a single patient quit during a treatment. I read so many reviews on realself about offices performing lidocane injections. It is so bad! The lidocane can also cause swelling as mentioned above. Ulthera is targeting deep deep tissue. If the skin is swollen, the treatment may not get down to the layers it needs to, resulting in a not so great treatment.

Thanks for sharing your story.  Would you consider putting some before and after pictures on your review?  It really helps other users who are considering the treatment.  Please keep us updated on your progress!