After my First Treatment - Vernon Hills, IL

My tattoo is approximately three years old and...

My tattoo is approximately three years old and professionally done. I have already received 10 treatments on part of the tattoo, which is more dramatically faded than other parts, but still not pleased with the results. When I heard about picosure, I was interested immediately and made an appointment to the nearest location in Vernon hills, Illinois. I recently decided I am going to now get the whole tattoo removed with picosure. After my first treatment I was surprised with how the pain is much more tolerable with the picosure laser. Other laser's hurt so much! I didn't have very many blisters, maybe a couple, but they were so small that I virtually could not see them. When I was about to leave the office, one of the ladies that work there gave me her personal number in case I had any questions or concerns. I was very happy she did that because I feel more comfortable and know that she cares. I texted her a couple weeks later explaining how I thought I did not see significant results. She told me to email her some pictures, and that she would call me the next time she was in the office. She called me the next day and said that they notice results, and it's hard to notice yourself when you see it everyday. And she was right! When I put my pictures side by side I definitely see results, and she explained that it had only been a few weeks since my treatment and every week I should see results. I definitely see more results in pictures than just looking at it..idk if any of you have felt the same way..and in different lighting. My next treatment is in 3 and a half weeks, I'm waiting a full eight weeks. I just hope picosure is the answer to resolve our problems and we all end up with optimal results. Good luck everyone with your journey!

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

You only had one treatment? Yea that isn't going to do anything, it takes some time....
Yay nice to talk to someone else that goes there! And yes I am very happy with Dr Ritacca, I can tell he genuinely cares for his patients and aims for success. My nurse is lorraine and she is wonderful, she is willing to go the extra mile for her patients. Every question I have she has an answer for, and she's helped me feel optimistic about this whole situation. Just curious, did the doctor use two lasers on you or only picosure? Because he used rev lite and picosure on me. Yes I drive 3 hours but I do believe it's worth it, are you from WI? Good luck on your next treatment! It's awesome to hear that you have significant results and it should be over for your soon:)

second treatment complete!

I'm so happy I am finished with my second treatment! I've been really impatient..I waited 7 weeks and it was a long 7 weeks. Fortunately, this treatment went very well and I believe I am going to see results. I blistered a lot this session, but from what I heard...it's a good thing, meaning the treatment was more effective. I've never had this many blisters before so idk if I should pop them or not..

No for four treatments
Okay, thank you. Because I made an appointment with the same doctor and I was worried that was the price for one go
Lol ya don't worry, how big is your tat?

results from second treatment

Im kinda happy with my results but feel I still have a long ways to go, which means more money.. :( I hope 8 treatments.

How is your fading coming along?
I hope 8 treatments for me as well but yours is so much smaller than mine so mine may take a lot more....which I definitely cannot afford. =(
I thought it was 6 x 6", but I re-measured and it's only 4 x 4". So, not as bad as I thought

beginning to finished results of 2nd treatment

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

beginning to finished results of 2nd treatment

Hi there, would love an update, have you had anymore treatments?
hey, how long have you been waiting between treatments? have you done 8 for all treatments? I'm in a rush since I'm traveling soon so I'm trying to have mine as soon as they're healed, which has really been after 4 weeks for me. Have you noticed it continue to fade after 4?
H eyy yes you can get treatments every four weeks, but what I have noticed is that the longer you wait is best and you will see optimal results. The longest I waited was about 5 months now. Ik it sounds ridiculous, but in the end you are saving a ton of money. If you are in a hurry for your trip then I would do every four weeks. Sorry I haven't been on here for a while. Have you gone on your trip yet? Good luck! Ttyl

took a long break

The longest break I have taken now has been 5 months. I do see better results, plus I've been trying to work out a lot and drinking a ton of water. I have only finished 4 treatments with picosure in a span of about a year, but I believe if you rush you're just wasting away your money. Looking at other persons results, I can tell my tattoo is more stubborn and it's going to take a while. I won't give up

Thanks for posting your review! I recently heard about the Picosure and was very skeptical that it would show that amazing of results but it is doing very well for you!
Thanks for the update, glad you are hanging in there and seeing results - way to go!
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon