You Have to Pay out of Pocket for Their Mistakes - Vernon Hills, IL

This is my experience getting Juvederm lip...

This is my experience getting Juvederm lip injections.

I went to Dr. Ritacca for Juvederm lip injections. Let me say everyone at the practice was friendly and personable, but the results were not worth the almost $600 price tag and 4 appointments.

2 weeks after my injections, I formed a lump on a side of my lip. It looked like a white, hardened zit. He dissolved it during our 60 second follow up appointment and with that, the rest of the filler on that side was dissolved also. It left me with an uneven smile and money down the drain.

Ask any doctor and they will tell you lumps of filler form due to a doctor's injection technique. I also noticed on the other side that the corner had no filler in it (his assistant during the first injection suggested that he fill it, but he wasn't interested), so it looked off. He dissolved more filler instead of simply injecting filler into that empty space. It did not help. I felt like I was back to square one and out $530.

I had my 3rd appointment, but requested Dawn this time. She saw the mistakes and refilled my lips. Thankfully, I had some left over filler banked. I was charged $50 for the injection fee to fix his mistake. While Dawn's injections helped, there was still that obvious chunk of my lip missing filler. I was told on my 4th appointment that they had used up all my filler banked and expected me to pay another $530 to fix it.

Seriously? To charge the patient for their mistakes is BAD business practice. She even acknowledged the sides of my lips were different sizes, but basically said I was S.O.L until I pay them again.

Please, keep that in mind if you're looking for fillers here - you will have to pay for any mistakes done on their part. Once you run out of that banked filler, your satisfaction no longer matters to them unless you pay up.
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I have ONLY had Dawn do my injections there the past 4 years. She's a true artist!

I'm sorry you didn't get the results you wanted.  Do you think you will ever try Juvederm again?

I'm not sure. Maybe I should try Restylane in the future, along with another doctor.

Let us know if you do.  I see a lot of people on RealSelf who originally have bad results but then have a good experience after they find a doctor that they like.  But there is always the risk of having another bad experience (that is very costly).  Either way, good luck to you!

I should update by saying that I have gone to a different doctor, Dr. Moynihan, and the results are like night and day. Great results.
I'm glad you found an injector you like!