Getting Nervous

I DONT KNOW IF ITS WORTH IT YET. SOMEONE PLEASE...

I DONT KNOW IF ITS WORTH IT YET. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. AFTER ONE TREATMENT< I REALLY CANT TELL YET. NOT SURE.

Hi, i am actually writing because i just started treatment, and wanted to know how long each of your treatments took? I was in there for a little over an hour. 35 min each thigh+butt area. How long did everyone get treatment for?

I am 5'7" 140lbs. Fairly muscular legs with dimples everwhere. It was not uncomfortable. I did not get bruising. It was hot at times, depending on pressure and how long she stayed on one spot. However, no pain.

I just started my 1st treatment ($500) and i have 5 more to go. They told me they would do carboxy therapy with it for awesome results. I am really skeptical after reading all these blogs.

Can someone tell me how long each of their treatments lasted in time? and what kind of skin you have? apparently, i have thick skin, b/c the pain was not bad at all.

THANKS =)

Beampro, Staten island

I don't know if it's the area were you live but I only paid 50 dollars a session of 30 minutes one done each week. I had the vellashape done on my stomach, basically what I was told is that it melts the fat. After treatment I was to go exercise, and that would flush the fat through urin and bowel movements. I also had stretchmarks from pregnancy, although they did lighten up. The discomfort was feeling of imflammation, and very little bruising here and there. Would I go back and do it again? I don't think so, I am also on weightloss program paying 140 a month don't know if I want to spend so much money when my husband says I should just do it the old fashion way lots of exercise and eating right. lol..... we all just look for something fast and believe me I've tried everything in the world and there isn't a majic potion lol....
I went for four treatments on the outside of my thighs and saw results the frist time I did it though it was only .5 of a cm by the last treatment I lost just over one inch total in both legs. I am only 120 lbs but cellulite runs heavy in our family. I did receive some spot brusing in the area but its not uncomfortable and the proceedure was never uncomfortable or got too hot ever. If the price wasn't so high on these treatments I would consider buying more but the $99 for 2 treatments is a rediculous price!
Reading all this stuff u girls writing over hear and laughing, especially on this NinaNinaNin "my plastic surgeon" ( yea the one who charges at least 10000 for the shit he does to her body of course would laugh about it)....First girls don`t EAT like PIGS! Vela works very well! Combine it with Endermologie - 1st ender. and after it do the Vela... That`s it. Do this combination 2 times a week...Endermonogie is great to take away the extra water u have under your fat - so next day ur skin looks awesome with out any bloating and vela takes away the inches from the are u work on right away. Plus results comes out even when u stop doing the treatments - it`s like u turned on a mechanism and just get ur results. But the most important thing once again - DONT EAT LIKE PIGS, visit gym and enjoy great sex with ur boyfriends or husbands...that`s it...The only minuses in vela and ender. that U get tired fast and yes spa`s charge way too much of money especially now a day when the economy is doing suck... So to save the money and get good results just do the minimum pacages, combine the treatments and don`t eat like pigs, that`s it....I spent 1500 on my treatments got great results and very happy....

Wow you are rude

Hello, I purchased a series of Velashape treatments from Dr. Shieh at RejuvaYou in South Pasadena. I am fairly slim, but I had (still have!) a lot of dimpling on my thighs. I seriously regret trying Velashape. I noticed absolutely no change in the appearance of my cellulite and I found the treatments themselves to be unpleasant. I have very fair, sensitive skin and the heat was pretty unbearable at times. Anyhow, please save your money and don't bother with Velashape.
I feel the pain too and the bruises OMG!!!!!!!!! My mistake I paid in advance 16 treatments $4280.00 in Puerto Rico.
I did this and didnt see any results either, very painful and costly. Not sure what to say, maybe it is the technician, or maybe it is just me being sensitive. I wanted to try the new acthyderm now too but not sure it will work for me since I cant tolerate the velasmooth that goes with it. Good luck
Hello, I hope I can answer your VelaShape questions without being too lengthy or too academic... I'm sorry you found the treatment uncomfortable, as most people find it very comfortable and fall asleep during the treatments. But there are definitely a good handful of people that are just more sensitive to the treatment, feeling either pain or even ticklish to the treatment. In regards to bruising, the majority of patients do not have much bruising at all, but we do see it so far in about 10% of our patients. It is seen in just a few areas where we've treated over bony areas. We've also seen bruising in people who have severe cellulite and obesity. Normally, most of the bruising goes away by the next treatment, and overall their bruising problem subsides by their 4th treatment. Commonly we also do see small reddish "petechia" spots arise (not bruising), and this is due to the suction effect. Kind of like getting "hickeys" on the body. These also subside in a few days. Regarding the settings, it would be useful to know what settings they used on you. There are three variables to adjust: 1) Infrared light 2) Radiofrequency (RF) 3) Suction Each of these can be set to intensities of 0, 1, 2, or 3. For cellulite on thighs, we would typically use settings of Light-1 or 2, RF-3, Suction-2 or 3. If you are getting excess bruising, we would lower the suction level to 1. As far as getting hot, the area should be heating up and feeling hot as this the main mechanism for the fat reduction and for the skin tightening. However the nurse should be moving the treatment head constantly so the heat doesn't stack up too much in one spot. Just because the area feels hot doesn't mean they should stop and move away from the area. Feeling just within comfortably hot is the correct temperature to maintain during the treatment. Our goal is to get the fat tissue up to a certain therapeutic temperature, and maintain that for several minutes. In your case, given the sensitive skin and bruising, I would probably perform the next treatment at settings Light-1, RF-3, Suction-1, using the large treatment head. If you are an extreme case of being too sensitive, then we could switch to using the small head at the same settings, but plan to perform the treatment longer. Results do depend on each person, and are better with stronger, more aggressive settings. However, we only treat within what is safe and appropriate for each patient. Your bruising should be resolved by the next treatment. In fact the treatment itself improves circulation and lymphatic flow, so your bruises should improve with the treatment. The treatment area that I stated was approx 8.5" x 11" determines how long we need to treat each area. Using "hands" to measure the area, 8.5" x 11" would be approx the size of 2 outstretched hands. We would treat half of this area for 5-7 min, then the other half, then return to the first half area again for 5 min, and repeat the other half again too. Total time being approx 25 min per area. Treating a larger area within the same time frame of the 25 min just dilutes the treatment and may cause a decreased result. Most of our patients have 3 to 5 areas treated each time. Your 50 min. treatment suggests that they have measured you to have 2 areas to treat. $400 is an appropriate price for those 2 areas. However, for your inner thighs it could be an additional 1 area (1/2 area per inner thigh) or 2 areas (1 area per inner thigh), depending on the size of your thighs. If its 2 additional areas, that may be the reason they are charging an additional $400. In our office, the cost is actually less when you add additional areas, so you might look into whether they are offering a discount to upsell you to the inner thighs. Otherwise, I would stick with the current treatment areas, make sure you are tolerating the treatments, and seeing results. Then after you are confident that the practice can give you results, you can proceed with the inner thighs. I hope this helps! Take care, John Shieh, MD
What would you prescribe for the pain and bruising? Is there anything to heal the bruising quickly?
Thank you! Good info. I just got mine and it was painful in some areas more than others. I paid $1640 for 5 treatments 1 free. Came with tightening lotion. Praying it works...
In response to the original posting, you should expect that each approx. 8.5" x 11" paper sized area would take about 25 min or longer. A buttock/thigh area could possibly be bigger than this, and therefore take longer. They should have used the large treatment head at settings Infrared: 2 or 3, RF: 3, and suction: 2 or 3 for the cellulite. These are significantly higher settings than the original training given for the VelaShape when it first came out, but result in much better reliable results. Unfortunately there are people who received the VelaShape treatment right when practices transitioned to the new device, and they did not receive the benefit of the revised protocols. Make sure you do your due diligence and question the practice to see what type of experience they have with the device, and if they are utilizing the new, more aggressive protocols. If they are not, the practice should contact the laser company to get names of doctors that are using the new protocols and can help them get up to speed on it.
Hi Dr. Shieh, I have several Velashape questions that I hope you can answer(it's a long one:)): I recently had my first Velashape treatment. I was surprised that it was so painful and did get quite hot at times. I let the nurse know and she did stop for a while or change the heat to a lower setting. One day later I have bruising all over my thighs.(mostly red with some purple, painful to the touch, covering almost all of the area that was treated) Is this normal? I do have very fair skin which I believe may be thin too. My next appointment is in 4 days, should I be concerned about having another treatment when I still have bruising? Do I need to request lower settings on the heat and suction? Would results be the same? You also mentioned the 8.5x11 surface area-is there a standard on the size of the area that can be safely treated at one time? I know that pricing varies depending on which state and provider you go to...but the medspa I go to says that a $400-45-50 min. treatment only covers the upper back of thigh and upper side of thigh. They used their hand as a "guide" to determine where they treat. My inner thigh area would be considered a separate area at an additional $400 per treatment. Does that sound like the standard? Thanks so much!
I purchased a Velashape package and am TOTALLY bruised. I had my inner and outer thighs done and I have serious pain and bruising. This was done at a reputable office. When I went back the next week, they told me that the company(Velashape parent company) has new heads on the machines and that I am not the only one who has bruised. I started my second treatment, but had to stop due to the pain. Three weeks later I still have some bruising. I am athletic, 5'10" 140 lbs....not a wimp but HOLY SMOKES that hurt.
Vellashape or Amerismooth Don’t do it!! Ladies’ this is a total rip-off. My plastic surgeon laughed and then gave me his condolences for purchasing Vellashape. I'm a slim, athletic, size 4, 40 year old, with some dimpling on my butt and thighs. In 2007 while getting my laser hair removal procedure at American Laser Center, I inquired about these treatments and purchased the package. I originally paid $1800 for 12 treatments of Amerismooth. After my 4th treatment with no visible results, I was told that they removed the Amerismooth machine and had converted to the Vellashape machine. Supposedly the Vellashape is much better and would have superb results. We all saw this on T.V. (Rachael Ray, Good Morning America, Kim Kardashian, etc.) Lucky me I was grandfathered in and would have my remaining treatments with Vellashape for no extra charge! That meant I would have a total of 8 Vellashape treatments which is 2 more than the original package recommended. I was skeptical but open minded as I saw no changes after 4 treatments of Amerismooth. Well here I am now down to my last treatment and see ABSOLUTELY NO RESULTS. My before and after pictures have not changed one bit!! I’m so glad that I didn’t get rooked into paying the much higher price for this new and improved treatment (Vellashape). I recently had breast surgery and shared my experience with my plastic surgeon, who laughed and then gave me his condolences for buying into this garbage. To date there is still no cellulite treatment that is effective. My surgeon is top-notch and would offer treatment if something really works. Don’t waste your $$