unprofessional, unethical, malpractice...i had risk my life!

I had a Vaser Lipo with Dr. L. less three months...

I had a Vaser Lipo with Dr. L. less three months ago. The worst and dangerous experience ever!!! The day of the surgery they throw me out...from the surgical bed to the wheel chair...to the back door. They did not even clean me...I had blood all over my face! A lot of fluid and blood was coming out from my back. When I left the car my friend car seat and my clothes were filled with fluids and blood. They forgot to prescribe the pain killer...at night I was in terrible pain and immerse in a continuos bleeding all over the bed. My friend called dr L. and its staff. No one picked up...no one called me back.

I asked many question for my post-op and nobody told me the truth....they just said "after 24 hrs remove everything and take a shower"...like was nothing. In the morning I' ve heard dr Lagrasso on the phone and he told me to remove everything. I did not know that I had a drainer on my back and it was OPEN. Fortunatley my friend refused to take it out...beside the fact that the drainer was attached with stitches, I would have to come back to surgery if I had followed the instruction. The licking should be from one to two days but after a week I was still filling the pad, but dr Lagrasso removed the drainer anyway.

After three days the cut was closed, my back started to swollen and I had fever. I called million times at every number, no one ever called me back. Finally I was able to talk with a nurse who told me that "it was not related to surgery and to go to see my physician"... I insisted over and over calling leaving messages that I had 102 of fever, I also wrote emails. NOBODY CALLED ME BACK...After three days of high fever, at night my back popped and all infection came out...I had NO choice but running to the emergency where they put me under intense care...I was running out of time...things were pretty serious!!! They found an abscess in my back caused by the open drainer. Two days in the Hospital with an I.V. and all spectrum of antibiotics, dr L finally called back and decided with the Doctor who have me in care my Hospitalization.

When I went to their office after two days of my dismissal they admit the "mistake" and their willing to pay the 7000$ of the Hospital bill. They called me after a month that I was trying to get in contact with them about the bill... one day Mrs J. called me and she told me that was my choice to go to the Hospital and I should call them SO THEY REFUSED TO PAY FOR MY BILL...yes...makes sense that I wanted to pay 7000$ instead having the 90 days of "already paid" care that by law they have to give me. She was nervous, she didn't want to answer to my questions and she hung up the phone on me. ORRIBLE!!! Beside that the surgery was not a success...I did my hips and I am not symmetrical at all...I have a huge hole on my left side.

Be careful people...there are a lot of good professional in Miami but definitely dr L. and its staff are NOT one of them. Their prices are not less than the best and most famous P.S. in USA!!! Please make treasure of my bad experience and find yourself a good and responsible doctor.

Dr. Lagrasso, Sleek Medspa

malpractice. i was left down right after the surgery...i had a dangerous infection caused by an open drainer and they refused to treat me (by law they have to for 90 days after the surgery). i had no other choice than the hospital...they told me they would take responsibility for they negligence...but they didn't!!! i have to wait now...but of course i need that another doctor will fix this hugly job...i will post pic soon

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I'm very sorry for your bad experience and soo thankful for your posts, I was considering him but I will never put my life at risk with them after reading your posts, you should get a lawyer, I hope u feel better
I am sooo thankful for your posts, I was considering him because he has supposedly lots of experience, but the fact that him or his staff never followed up with you is a big red flag, I don't care how good of a dr. He might be if his staff isn't professional I'm not putting my life in his hands.
Hey how you doing now??? I also went to him and need to get some stuff fix but they kinda been igroneing my email..I got a call once from them and said tey gonna call me back and it's been amonth but still nothing.
I am so sorry to hear that. They ignored me too. They promised me to fix it, they even told me they would give me free Botox but they just dropped me down. I didn t know what else to do ... I tried to post my experience everywhere at least I could help someone but they are still in the butcher business... So unprofessional!!!
Well...you can call negligence "quite common"...but I am sure a lot of people would disagree with you. Just for the records...I never said that this is happened because they did not clean me, but because when I called them multiple time after the surgery telling them about the fever and the pain they refuse to talk to me. They sent the nurse who told me to go to see my doctor because it was not related to the surgery. Guess what? The hospital' doctors told me it was an infection caused by my surgery...the catheter brought germ inside and some germs are antibiotic resistant. Infections that usually come from poor sterilization of the o.r... but yes...it can happen but the right doctor doesn't let you down. Do you know that I could die for that? Do you know what I went through in the hospital? There were nurses checking on me every hour for two days and nights giving me epinephrine for all the bad reactions to the cocktail of antibiotics...and doctor LaGrasso disappeared...do you think is this ethical or human? Yes....Maybe they have learnt the lesson and now they pic up the dam phone...but they have learnt on me... what would you do if this happened to you instead of me? What if in top of the money you paid them you have to add 7,000$ in hospital bills?...and on top of that end they disfigured you... What would you do if you were in my shoes...would you recommend that doctor with light heart? When I post my review they deleted... Guess what at that time I was not the only one who posted bad reviews!
U are rite they want let me post mine on Jeffrey lagrasso and pascual md
Dr L did my bbl and he did an amazing job. He is so sweet. The staff at TriBeCa med took great care of me. And the draining and bloody mess is normal. I don't think it's because they didn't clean you. Everyone goes home looking like a crime scene. Also from my understanding and by reading other members posts, that infection you suffered is actually quite common. It's due to your body reacting to the lipo rather than technique. Regardless I'm sorry you had to go through all that.
Hi effe, i just stumbled upon your story. thank you for sharing! do you have any updates for us? i was seriously considering him. thank you
Hello...no I have never hear from him or his staff anymore. I highly discourage you to have him as your doctor... there are very capable and serious plastic surgeons in this country and most are here in Miami. Prices are very competitive so the best surgeon will cost you as the bad one. If you care about your health and the outcome of your surgery you might want to consider a serious and responsible doctor (responsible = able to respond). I haven't had the chance to have a correcting surgery yet, and after two years and half I still have a hole big as my hand in my left hip. I haven't had the courage to wear a bikini in two years and half...because it is so obvious that I had a bad surgery!!!...I could not take any action because they made me sign that I acknowledge I might have an infection and that the result of the surgery could not be successful... that is how he saved his butt. I had proof that he did not respond to an emergency like by law he has to... but lawyers told me in my face that was not worthy to take him to court... I realized that he was not worthy for the lawyer because if the case is not a big damage they won't make good money of it. The bitter reality is that money comes first then justice...and I am wondering knowing that... how much money LaGrasso has done disfiguring women...but I am not much into speculation... I am here to tell my story not my opinion...hoping to help. thank you
Wow I had surgery with dr lagrasso march 21 I did a brazillian buttlift. And the level of care I received was great idk but I went with Pascual md office never heard of sleek spa. Wow I was able to text my nurse all day and night and she responded immediately and after 24 hrs yes u change but they did it at the office tht office u went to sounds ratchet. TriBeCa is another office he works at and my friend used that office and had no issues. I'm also beyond excited about my results thus far. And I am sorry that office treated u that way :(
What kind of lipo did u receive wow I am blown away bc my lipo results r amazing I can't stop looking at myself. If its a bad surgery they should correct it for a smaller fee ????
I am really glad you did not have problem, they took good care, and you are satisfied with the result...but this is not what happened to me...I won't let him touch me again even for free...if you see what they have done to me you will understand. I have a hole in my left hip that fit all my hand. I haven't put a bikini on since then... at the begin they admit the fault but then they retreated...at the begin they said they will fix it and they will pay for my hospital bill but they have never done it. They even offer me a free botox...guess what...nothing... when I called ad they know was me they just hung the phone...do they look professional to you? I posted my experience on their site...at that time they had few bad reviews as soon I posted my experience they delete them all... What I feel saying is that even a broken clock is right twice at day... You will believe me if you see me...and you know what? I will find how to post a picture on this blog so anyone will see...

Hi effe -- I'm really sorry to hear about your bad results. Are you doing okay? Have you heard from your surgeon?

I am feeling much better now....beside my left hip is disfigured...I will have to go under surgery one more time to correct it.
No... the surgeon never took responsibility nor he called me. I posted my experience on SleekMedSpa website and guess what? They delete it...they delete all of the bad comments they had. I cannot believe that he can go away with it!!!
I just hope no one has to fall in those bad hands.