First Experience with Vaser - Flanks and Lower Back - Florida

Yesterday I had my flanks and lower back done and...

Yesterday I had my flanks and lower back done and have two more appointments scheduled for my upper and lower abs and outer thighs in the coming weeks.

Procedure Review (Flanks and Lower Back):

The morning of the procedure I was a nervous wreck. I have NEVER had any kind of surgery, other than my wisdom teeth taken out. I read too much on the internet. BAD IDEA. Everyone is different. I now know that. My husband stayed in the room with me to try and keep me calm. Bless his heart.

The doctor and I decided the flanks and lower back would be the best start, primarily since it would probably be the most sensitive. My lower back has always been a problem area and has always been extra sensitive, for whatever reason.

First of all, the injection of the solution pre-vaser was so painful on my back. The flanks did not hurt too bad, but the lower back was almost unbearable. My arms hurt worse today than any of the incision sites because of holding the table so hard during the fluid infusion, LOL. Once that was done it was a piece of cake. I had my headphones on and just jammed to my tunes thru it. Overall, the procedure took a little over four (4) hours.

When I got home, I had to change my incision site dressings about five times. I was draining all afternoon. I had read about the draining, but it was more annoying than expected. The entire afternoon/early evening was: remove compression suit, take bandaging off, replace bandaging, put on compression suit, repeat. It was great having someone to help me with all of this since those suits are not the easiest things to get on and off - especially with bulky bandaging on.

By this morning, the draining had slowed down to just a few drops. I haven't had to change my bandages yet.

Today is the first day after the surgery, I don't have any visible bruising, can get up and move around like normal and aside from just wanting to make sure I don't push myself too much, don't even feel like I underwent any surgery. I'd say the worst part is getting in and out of the compression suit everytime I need to go to the bathroom (which is a lot - be prepared). Also, having to take a sponge bath is a bit inconvenient until the incision sites heal up, but I will work through it :)

I can already notice a difference. There is still swelling and I don't expect that to go away for a while, but it is not as bad as I was expecting. Again, I had this notion in my head from reading too many things on the internet.

I believe it was 1350 cc removed from those three areas, so I cannot wait to see what it ultimately looks like once all is said and done. Like I said, I can already notice a difference - I put a shirt on and my flanks are unbelievably more curvy than they were before.

I have my ab area in two weeks and then the outer thighs a week following that.

When all is said and done I will post some pictures so that everyone can see.

I would highly recommend that you do not focus on the negative posts. Make sure your doctor cares about your expectations and can clearly explain what you can expect.

best of luck with the abs!  thank you for sharing your experience.

Day 2: a little bit more aching, but the swelling...

Day 2: a little bit more aching, but the swelling is all but gone and the draining is pretty much nothing. I'm noticing a HUGE difference already.

Th compression suit still remains the worst part :)

It really sounds like you had a great experience! I would love to know who your doctor is!

My doctor took a lot of time (nearly 1.5 hours) answering all of my questions. Constantly asked me how I was doing during the procedure and has had his staff call and check on me multiple times in the past two days.