Didn't Work. Didn't Lose 1 Inch. Don't Waste Your Time or Money!!!! - Vancouver, BC

I am a 60 year old woman, 5' 4" and weigh 170 lbs....

I am a 60 year old woman, 5' 4" and weigh 170 lbs. I weighed about 140 lbs until I turned 50 then due to menopause, laziness, thyroid condition and eating too much, I gained 50 lbs. I lost 20 lbs a few months ago and thought that Zerona might help me lose a couple of inches around my waist, stomach and belly.

I went to a Heath Centre and I signed up for 9 treatments. Their program also consisted of a detox portion. For the week before you were on a detox cleanse where you would take pills and mix a powder with liquid. The following week, you would do a 1/2 hour in a infrared sauna while your feet were in a foot detox bath. You then had 2 - 20 minutes treatments on the Zerona and then you went on a vibration machine for 10 minutes.

After 2 weeks, nothing, they kept telling me I have to be patient. It would happen the 3rd week. Nothing happened. They then said I can expect it to happen a week after. Well I had my measurements and nothing.

I wish I had done more research before I spent $3,500. I could have gone to a weight loss spa for a week or hired a personal trainer for a year. It was not only the money but it was 18 hours that I spent there. If you are reading this report, you probably are considering it. I finally had to face that fact that there is no quick fix and I have to do the work. Eat less, eat the right foods and exercise. Good Luck with your decision.

BC girl....u make a good point. For much less than the cost of Zerona, u could hire a private trainer.....light bulb just went off!!!
Did not work.
Just finished 6 treatments. Nothing. And they never mentioned that I shouldn't drink alcohol or that it may not work on older women. I'm 58, not overweight, but a little thick in the middle. I also have been working out with a personal trainer. Nothing. Glad at least I had a Groupon. I'll stick with the trainer and give it some time and effort.
Zerona aparently is not for anyone with a thyroid issue or in/near menopause. I really wanted to get Zerona and this place I went to in the tricities wouldn't sell me the package as they said I am not a Candidate for the results and I would be disappointed. They instead sold me a velashape/Venus/Proellixe/Cleanse combo and I can definitely tell my love handles and muffin top are much smaller. My legs are more tones and the saggy skin on my inner thighs and front of my stomache is much tighter. While I was there, a lady had just completed her Zerona series and was being weighed and measure, she seemed to be happy with the results. She also mentioned she was happy it was over so she could drink alcohol again. Aparently you can not have alcohol on the Zerona system or you wont purge the weight. The package I bought was $999 and seems all their pricing is inexpensive compared to everywhere else and they have almost everything you can think of there.
Now that's really interesting. One more example that this is not "science" at all, it's just sales and marketing. I was solidly in menopause when I wasted my money on Zerona, and no one in the dr's office said a word, even after I asked them. At least you encountered a little honesty.
Why is Zerona not for women in menopause?
Has anyone tried i-lipo? It appears to be the same tech but w/o the big contraption hovering over you. I had a series of 3 for$199 on groupon then bought myself an LED therapy device on Amazon and I have seen Great results. I just put the thing on mt back and tummy while going thr emails and such.
I myself know for a fact the treatment DOES NOT work. I worked at the Zerona clinic , I set up the treatment for clients and measured them. None of them had lost any inches. I no longer work there because I could not bring myself to consult people and rip people off of their hard earned money. I couldn't feed people the b.s. that my manager was making me tell clients. To sell it , you have to believe it to be true and I didn't because I myself saw that rarely did I see anyone have any results. The ones that did were dedicated to their exercise and diet .... which Zerona claims you dont need to be on a certain diet or exercise plan while doing treatments. I apologize for the bad grammar and spelling, writing this in a rush.
Thank you. Wish I had read this before plopping my money down.
I work at a Zerona clinic and I disagree it does work just not for everyone! Our patients lose the average ( 12cm) but we have had a lady lose 31 cm with 6 treatments. I always tell our customers before they sign up that they may not get what they expect.
No offense but with thise 3500$ u wasted u could of gone to get a TUmmy tuck in the Dr and a Brazilian butt lift.. Is very safe and a lot of woman from realself have done it. Your doctor should of told u that zerona is only good for woman who are small framed that want to loose an extra inch or stubborn fat they cant get rid of. Im getting Lipo and after a year i might get zerona.. Good luck & think about it is a good step to a new body.
Everyone shoud check out the reviews and pics for smartlipo!! They are much better and the end results look great. I might try it....
There seems to be a difference in the picture. The second photo you look slimmer. I had 6 treatments. I did not weigh myself, but my clothes are looser on me. I did what the Dr. told me to. Going for the treatment is the easy part. Afterwards, comes a good 45 min cardio where you keep your heart rate up. I've been also watching what I've been eating.
So happy that I read this because I signed up last week for treatments but have not begun. 1300 paid with weekly payments to begin with treatments. I am going in tomorrow to ask for a refund as the receipt clearly states that once you have started refunds are a no go. I will stick to my exercise and diet regime. STICK to it! They were nice but a bit shifty. My instincts say to run and with all the not so good postings that is exactly what I am going to do.

Did you end up going for the refund or trying Zerona after all?

I am much like your body shape, but I am 42. I have signed up to do it, but I am leary now. Did u exercise? D***@hotmail.com

I had pretty much an identical experience; however, I am very fit and going through perimenopause and needed to lose just a few inches off my waist. I am about 10-15 lbs over my ideal weight.

I took the supplements as prescribed, abstained from alcohol completely (which was not a problem as I do not drink regularly anyway), drank a buttload of water every day (74 oz.) and watched everything I ate. I am also training for a half marathon and concurrent with the 9 Zerona treatments was running at least 5 times a week, 3-6 miles each time!

My weight was identical. My measurements did not change. I had a very negligible 1.5 inch reduction in my hip area, and that was all that could be noted. The staff was baffled and I believe very embarrassed.

The "fortunate" thing was that I signed up through a Groupon ad, so the cost was 1/3 rd of what others would normally pay (I paid about $1000 for 9 treatments).

I would _not_ recommend this. The most I got out of it was 40 minutes, 3 times a week, of time to myself to read and rest.

Menopause is hard, as evidenced by your ongoing struggle after 10 years. I am in my fourth year myself and have managed to lose 4 pounds over the past 4 months.  Yes, just 1 pound a month.  I am getting married in 10 days.  And you would not believe what I had to do just to lose those lousy 4 pounds.  I am lucky I only gained 18 pounds total during those first two terrible menopause years.

I am sorry for your loss of $$ and hope you will aggressively pursue a refund.  Demand full, and accept half, and I think you will be doing okay.  Try to stay positive.
I know it does not work, I went for 12 treatments and lost nothing but my money! I wish I had of seen these reviews beforehand..