Rhinoplasty - Vancouver, BC

I specifically sought out a plastic surgeon who...

I specifically sought out a plastic surgeon who not only specializes in rhinoplasty but also consistently receives positive reviews regarding this complex procedure. Having found none in Alberta, I looked to Vancouver & found Dr. J.A. Bartlett. I booked the surgery at our consultation meeting in August & had the procedure less than two weeks ago (mid October). I had a curved, over-projected nose & deviated septum. Although the surgery included breaking the right half of my nose & inserting several grafts, I experienced no post operative pain & only minimal bruising. Dr. Bartlett is clearly a master at rhinoplasty & septoplasty. My nose is showing great promise & I can hardly wait to see the full results over the coming months. Being in a different province may prove challenging for post-op visits but Dr. Bartlett is very accommodating & will do as many as possible via email, etc. His assistant, Noreen, is also wonderful to deal with. I appreciate it is early days but I couldn’t be happier!
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

yes, ty!

Thank you for sharing on RealSelf! What would you say was the most difficult part of your recovery?

Hi Angiemcc - Truth be told, I never had any difficulties. To minimize swelling, I iced regularly for the first two days and slept with my head elevated for the first week. I also took my antibiotics as prescribed (for 7 days post surgery). I was happy when Dr. Bartlett removed the nasal packing (2 days post surgery) so I could breathe through my nose again. My cast/glue made my nose itchy and skin flake; it came off on day 8 and I`m still trying to get the flaking under control! The sutures and plastic splint made me feel like I needed to clean my nose. All in all, no big deal.
pre and post op pics? im so happy for you, and glad you are thrilled with your result!
Hi tracyfitz - thanks for your comment! I don't post pictures of myself for personal reasons but am happy to answer any questions. I can tell you that, even though it is early days, my nose is more refined than Dr.Bartlett originally predicted at my consultation (and it will continue to improve as the swelling reduces). Are you in Alberta?
New Orleans!
Oh, ok! Well, I`m sure there are many talented plastic surgeons in and around your area. If I could offer any advice, select one that specializes in rhinoplasty and has good ratings regarding the procedure on the `rate md` sites. You may pay more for the expertise but it`s worth it. Good luck!