I had a curved, over-projected nose & deviated septum - Rhinoplasty - Vancouver, BC

I specifically sought out a plastic surgeon who...

I specifically sought out a plastic surgeon who not only specializes in rhinoplasty but also consistently receives positive reviews regarding this complex procedure. Having found none in Alberta, I looked to Vancouver & found Dr. J.A. Bartlett. I booked the surgery at our consultation meeting in August & had the procedure less than two weeks ago (mid October). I had a curved, over-projected nose & deviated septum. Although the surgery included breaking the right half of my nose & inserting several grafts, I experienced no post operative pain & only minimal bruising. Dr. Bartlett is clearly a master at rhinoplasty & septoplasty. My nose is showing great promise & I can hardly wait to see the full results over the coming months. Being in a different province may prove challenging for post-op visits but Dr. Bartlett is very accommodating & will do as many as possible via email, etc. His assistant, Noreen, is also wonderful to deal with. I appreciate it is early days but I couldn’t be happier!
yes, ty!

Thank you for sharing on RealSelf! What would you say was the most difficult part of your recovery?

Hi Angiemcc - Truth be told, I never had any difficulties. To minimize swelling, I iced regularly for the first two days and slept with my head elevated for the first week. I also took my antibiotics as prescribed (for 7 days post surgery). I was happy when Dr. Bartlett removed the nasal packing (2 days post surgery) so I could breathe through my nose again. My cast/glue made my nose itchy and skin flake; it came off on day 8 and I`m still trying to get the flaking under control! The sutures and plastic splint made me feel like I needed to clean my nose. All in all, no big deal.
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon