Couldn't Be Happier with the Result - Vancouver, BC

Broken nose

broken nose

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Before and after photos say it all.

Before and after photos say it all.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I received some requests to add a detailed account...

I received some requests to add a detailed account of my experience. Considering how much anxiety I had prior to my surgery, I'd be more than happy to relieve someone else of the stress I went through. Hopefully this helps.

My nose had been broken 3 separate times, the bridge was split in half and bone jutted out on either side as you can see in my "before" picture. It was mostly noticeable under bright white lights, but it bothered me alot for a few years. The one thing holding me back was my fear of anesthia (some people are deathly allergic to it) and all the nightmare cosmetic surgeries I'd read about. After some research online, I found that twilight anesthia is safer because it is a milder concentration of general anesthia, and although you aren't completely knocked out, you don't experience any pain or discomfort. Not only that, there is less chance of side effects, allergic reaction, vomiting, etc, and it's cheaper with minimal recovery time.

Dr. Denton uses twilight anesthia for his rhinoplasty patients, something the other doctors I spoke to really critisized. Speaking of the other doctors, it seemed that a few had better reviews and 20 years under their belt. However, looking at their before and after photos, I noticed that there was a bit of assymetry in their patients. The after photos on Dr' Denton's site were flawless. I also liked that he had media attention and wrote some interesting essays, which to me, showed he had passion for his work.

I decided to face my fears about the procedure and set up an appointment with him, which was fairly easy. The "new" nose he showed me on the computer screen was much more narrow than I would have imagined but I went with my gut and trusted his opinion.

The worst part was the morning of my appointment. The nurses gave me some adavan and after that I found my sense of humor, but it still took every ounce of will power I had to climb onto that operating table. The needle in my arm was a little uncomfortable but in a moment the doctor came over and told me it was time to go to sleep. I remember waking up during surgery and talking alot. I had an idea of what was happening but I had no pain or anxiety.

A week following surgery, my bruises and swelling were practically gone. I had been off my pain medication for most of that week and hadn't experienced any discomfort other than some anxiety brought on by the codene, and very minor sensitivity. When he took the cast off, my nose was smooth and beautiful! I was glad that he made the bridge narrow because it really helped balance out my other features. Everyone I know has had nothing but good things to say about my nose and my doctor! The only regret I feel is not getting it done sooner as I wouldn't have had to wake up and look at a broken nose every morning and all the feelings associated with it if I had just faced my fears earlier.

Thank you to Doctor Denton and his amazing staff. I couldn't be more appreciative.

Thank you for adding more information to your review! You look beautiful.

your end result looks great! i am considering going to Dr. Denton, but still deciding. Did your end result turn out similar to what he showed you with the photo imaging? Do you have any pictures of your side profile before the surgery??
My side profile wasn't worked on however I have been told that my nose did turn up ever slightly after surgery. I don't mind it. Looks cutesy. Dr Denton is an amazing surgeon with an eye for what looks really good. I would definitely go with him.
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon