First, I want to say thank you to everyone for sharing their experiences on this site! It's been amazing! and so incredibly informative!
I had a few different profiles done. I actually really liked the chin implant option, however close friends and family thought I was crazy lol! I even heard a few Jay Leno comments :P. So I figured I'll get the Rhinoplasty done and if I feel that I really still need the chin implant, I can get it done at a later date. Why go all out only not to like it? :)
I am T-4 sleeps away from my op. I can't believe that it's almost here! I have mixed feelings, but I guess that's kind of normal. After all, this is my face! :)
I've been talking about having a rhinoplasty done since the age of 9 (I'm 32 now). I cringe when I see pictures of myself, and if the camera isn't mine, I strategically position myself so that the picture is taken head on to avoid my nose looking long or unflattering. I've also become a whiz at photoshop ;).
Anyway, due to a few reasons (cost being one of them), I put the idea of this procedure off for many, many years. My "aunt" had a rhinoplasty in the early '90s and the procedure left her with a bulbous tip that looked unnatural. Because of this, my mom insisted that it wasn't worth the risk.
Basically, everyone in my family has cute, little noses. We figure I broke mine as a toddler as it has bumps on the sides and top of my nose and my tip is long. I have to agree with the PS, it's not terrible, but enough to bother me. After doing years of research (and steady research for the last 6 months) I decided to take the plunge! I've never had any sort of surgery and I'm a bit of a wuss, but I'm positive that this will be well worth it :)!!
A brief back story: Google has become a good friend of mine for this topic. Personal reviews mean a lot, and photoshop can make any nose revision look perfect! I realize that no doctor has perfect ratings (and one that does, I'd fine suspicious). In fact, my dermatologist is rated at 3.8....BUT he completely changed my life around to cure my acne and acne scarring 6 yrs ago! I'd recommend him to anyone!!
Anyway, I also realized that the best form of advertising is not flashy websites claiming how absolutely wonderful you are, but rather by word of mouth. A close friend had a few family members who had procedures with this PS, with fantastic reviews. I saw patients walk in and indeed their revisions looked natural. They even walked in and out with a swagger of confidence. I think that speaks for itself! I brought my bf with me to both consultations and he asked some fantastic questions that even I was afraid to ask. I knew if the PS passed his questions with ease, that it was a great fit!!
So now I've analyzed and analyzed again and again with everything that I need to be comfy. I'm sure I'll be a little stir crazy next week ;).
So some things that I have prepared:
- Arcana gel and pills (apparently you can't touch the pills with your hands?). The doc is indifferent about these, but I hear great things about them on here, so why not!
- Bromelain: apparently this is from the steams of pineapples...again, doc was indifferent, but why not! I may also eat pineapples only 'cause they're delicious !!
- extra strength Tylenol
- frozen peas
- comfy hoodies
- ikea rocking chair and stool: I like to sleep on my side and front, so I'm uncertain if I'll keep them. But they're sooo comfy to rest in! I'm afraid that pillows in the bed will have me still tossing and turning and in return bumping my nose multiple times. I have a family reunion in 3 weeks, so I'm willing to dish out a little extra cash if it means a little less swelling and bruising. Plus I only have a week off of work ;)
- tons of fresh veggies and fruits for smoothies, jello and soup!
- Shampoo....apparently there's this shampoo thing that's essentially a shower cap....you place it on your head, the shampoo is in the cap and volia! No rinse! Apparently they use them in the hospitals. I *have to wash my hair daily ( I have oily skin, I keep trying to convince myself that means I'm still youthful ;). If there's any good suggestions out there, please forward them!! Please and thank you!!! My back up plan is my dry shampoo to tidy me over.
- humidifier....I'm holding out on this item for now..what are your thoughts? Is it worth it for only week?
So final thought... all these things aren't necessary, but yikes do they add up! I've been cutting down on salt and tonight will be my last glass of red wine (doc said no alcohol 24 hrs before, but I'm playing it safe and I've been stay low-key for 1.5 weeks before the op).