Double Eyelid Suture Surgery - Best Decision I Ever Made! - Vancouver, BC

I am a mid 20's Asian girl with EXTREME monolids...

I am a mid 20's Asian girl with EXTREME monolids (single eyelids - look at my pic). Before my surgery, I never even went out the door without wearing double eyelid tape, eyeliner, and false eyelashes to make my eyes look bigger and to resemble a double eyelid. My monolids made my eyes look tired all the time. I was so self conscious about my monolids. My reason for having surgery wasn't about how others viewed me - I never really cared. I just wanted to be able to look in the mirror every single day for the rest of my life, and be happy with myself - it's as simple as that. I did it for me.

I had my double eyelid surgery a year ago using the suture method. I heard great things about Dr. B, and that he specialized in asian facial surgeries. When I did my research, I didn't know why they called it "Asian" eyelid surgery before, but apparently it is because 50% of asians have monolids - and 100% of Caucasians don't. Through my consultation with Dr. B, him and his staff, especially Angie, Mandy, and Katie made me really feel like I was being taken care of. I had a bunch of questions that were answered - and Dr. B was very honest about what could and could not be done. I chose the suture method because I work 4 jobs, so I can't really get much time off work, if I had more time - I would probably choose the incisional method (although I am very happy with my results, the incisional method just seems like a more permanent approach down 15-20 years).

The surgery itself was very quick and not as scary as I thought it would be. I was nervous, but it just felt like I was going to the dentist. During the first week after my surgery, my eyelids were a bit bruised and the swelling made my double eyelids look quite good. The bruising wasn't very noticeable - unless I was blinking, but I wore glasses to cover it anyways. After the first week, I looked great. The bruising was gone, and I already felt so much more confident, I don't even wear makeup when I go out sometimes now. (Not wearing makeup really saves me a lot of time and money on all of that expensive fake lashes and lash glue!! Double bonus!)

It's been almost a year after my surgery, and I can say I am very happy with 8 West and Dr. Buonassisi is THE GUY to go to for asian eyelid surgeries. I've even recommended him to all of my friends considering asian nose surgeries too!
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. B is the best doc ever!! After looking up his credentials, I found out he actually specializes in facial plastics. Before learning about him, I looked at alot of other doctors, but they were all general plastic surgery docs - I wanted a SPECIALIST who knew what he was doing. Someone who knew the face inside out. I didn't want someone who was doing a boob job surgery one day, and doing something to my face the next. Dr. B is very honest, approachable, and attentive. He is the type of guy that will give you a clear explanation about what is achievable and what is honest. Major props to honesty! And I can tell he spends a lot of time training his staff because everyone knows exactly what they are talking about.