Four months PO Love my new tummy!! Trying to load after pics

I've had three boys 20, 13, and 10. Between...

I've had three boys 20, 13, and 10. Between babies and weight loss and gain I have sagging skin below the belly button. About 18 months ago I got down to my lowest weight in years and was working out like crazy and still couldn't lose my belly. I got discouraged and gained some of the weight back. Over the last several months I have lost most of it and feel pretty good at the 140ish mark. I want to get a breast reduction/lift but my ps said he would only do them seperate because of the length of time I would be "under". So at 44, I'm looking forward to having the tummy I really want!!

I've read so many reviews and I have only found...

I've read so many reviews and I have only found one TT with no drains. I was wondering if someone could give me some info because my PS does the "quilting" instead of drains. With all of the drain talk I'm kinda glad I won't have any... but it seems like it's not common and that makes me nervous!!

I check in at 5:00 am tomorrow for my "procedure"....

I check in at 5:00 am tomorrow for my "procedure". I've been looking at pics and reading reviews...funny how the brusing and incisions looked not as bad when I decided to do this..;lol. I had a migraine yesterday and I woke up this morning with a tummy full of butterflies and not much else (since I'm on a liquid diet). I think I must be very nervous because of the migraine, but I am excited too. I've been busy wrapping things up at work and home. Today is my second youngest's birthday...he's 13. I feel bad because all I can think about is my surgery. I have to step it up and celebrate for him. Well, I will post recovery and pics as I can through this process. I hope everyone out there is doing best that can be expected!!! Take care!!

Surgery was Fri am...in recovery they couldn't get...

Surgery was Fri am...in recovery they couldn't get my oxygen levels where they wanted them. So I ended up staying in the hospital until Sunday afternoon. I had something in my lungs that I had to cough out...that was very painful!! Today I have just taken one pain pill. I feel groggy all of the time because I'm on a muscle relaxer. I'm swollen a bit almost everywhere. I would say pain is pretty intense the first days, but managable. I'll post pics and more later...need to sleep now.

Well, I am at 9 days PO and today is the first day...

Well, I am at 9 days PO and today is the first day I went out and did normal stuff. Days 6 and 7 were really hard. I was feeling better and then I went to the PS and they gave me another binder to wear. The combination of both binders made me really sore and I felt like I was set back to day 2. Yesterday and today I am feeling better and so far not having drains has not been a problem at all. Still really swollen and kinda grossed out by my incision and belly button and the numbness is really weird for me. I haven't taken any pain pills or muscle relaxers in about 48 hours so thats good. PS told me to start walking a measured amount today so I started with a 1/2 mile walk and have to up it 1/4 mile each day. Check in again soon.

Having a TT has been an awesome experience. It...

Having a TT has been an awesome experience. It has changed so much for me. Gone are the days of not being able to wear jeans that fit my waist and legs. I was actually going to have a breast lift and I now don't know cause I don't want to loose any of my hourglass figure!! Now I feel like if I work out I will get to see the results in my tummy not just imagine them. I still have a lot of numbness around my belly button and down to the incision. The numbness is a small price to pay but it does feel weird sometimes and it can be really noticeable at times. My belly button is kinda strange but it's ok and I'm sure it will be better when the redness inside subsides. The scar is huge but it dissappears under my panties or a bikini bottom. Knowing what I know now I would do it again in a heartbeat.
One thing I wish I knew is how panicky I get when I feel like it might go away. I don't know how weight gain will affect it. Obviously major weight gain would be a problem. But I get worried about 10 lbs or even less. That could just be a problem I have with body image. Anyway, it has been a great investment and I wish all TT ladies the best!!

What ARE QUILTING sutures, anyway ? Anyone know?
I was so weirded out over the numbness especially my belly button, numb doesn't quite describe it. In fact when I went for a PO appt the PS would repack it it and the feeling would make me so queasy I thought I was going to pass out. I had to take a valium whenever I went to see him after that. It's better now at 7 weeks PO but I still don't like the numbness. My PS would put my binder on too tight and it made me hurt really bad so I would loosen it and it was so much better. Some PSs don't even use binders so if it's a little more loose I don't think it would make a difference.
My PS used the quilting sutures also. I am so glad cuz I would hate to have drains. It really makes a difference with swelling.
My belly button is ooizing and his office is closed so I cleaned it with Hydrogen Peroxide (so gross and I felt sick) and I put a piece of gauze over it. I go see him tomorrow so I'll find out what's goin on. But I hear you, the feeling all around my belly button is about enough to make me pass out sometimes. I'm trying to be brave but it's really hard.
Tomorrow is the big day. I am currently 9 days post op and also from IN! I had drains for a week, they wouldn't have been so bad if i hadn't accidently yanked on one the second day causing it to be sensitive until I got them taken out on post op day 6.
Hey there Indy! Hope your swelling problems subside sooner that later! THanks for your posts...helps to hear how we are all doing out there!!
I am scheduled for a no drain tt w/ "quilting" on July 2. It seems unconventional, but it's one of the reasons I choose the surgeon I did. The drains sound troublesome, and it seems as though the no drain technique has a faster recovery, which is exactly what I need. I look forward to seeing the new you very soon!
Looking forward to hearing how your surgery goes! Hopefully I will be able to give you some good news on the no drain situation!
I only had drains for less than 48 hours. Good Luck!
Anyone know how the "quilting"stitches work (Kimmers) ? So curious...
i just had a TT 2 weeks ago with no drains, so far so good!!! I am soooo happy with the results, I can't believe how good I feel so soon after surgery! My only complaint so far is the swelling, by the end of the day I feel like I'm going to burst! I HIGHLY recommend a no drain tummy tuck, it's one less thing to worry about after surgery. Good luck you are going to be so happy you did it!!
Awesome! So good to hear. My PS said it very matter of fact that he will do about 40 "quilting" stiches so that a drain was unnecessary. I was so glad to hear I wouldn't have drains! I can't wait for June 15th. Glad you're doing so well Congratulations on your new tummy! Enjoy!
Is everyone taking their own pictures, or is their "significant other" snapping the shots ? Just curious.
I took my own. Used a digital camera and the mirror in the bathroom to see what I was taking. You can see my finger across the top of the second one...lol.
Thanks, I hadn't thought of using a mirror for the pictures! Very smart !
My PS said he'd know if he will need to use drains or not during the actual surgery. So at this point it's a 50/50 for me.
Good luck, and let's hear more about "no drains", my ps said he uses 2 drains.
Thanks for responding. Good luck on Monday!! Let me know how it goes!
My PS said he may or may not use a drain. I hope he doesn't. When I had implants he didn't use a drain. I've had 3 procedures by him and only once did he use a drain and it never bothered me. I'm scheduled for my tt May 8th.