New Journey - Northern CA

Finally decided to take a new approach to take...

Finally decided to take a new approach to take care of me. I am 49 yrs old, I have two sons (22 & 29) , married to a wonderful man. Nervous - my surgery is in Dec. I do like my PS, I am having TT/BL. I will have 17 days off from work, I work at a desk all day so I hope this will be enough time off to be able to comfortably sit at my desk. This site has helped me so much! My biggest goal is to run a marathon next year - I started at 225 pounds went down to 153, then had an ankle surgery and ballooned back up to 199. I am currently back down to 193 and want to be at least 150 by my surgery date. I am 5'2"

I love going back to this site, it keeps me...

I love going back to this site, it keeps me encouraged as I watch and read each person's recovery, after care and all the other people that encourage them. 5 mos seems like a long ways away and I get impatient, i hope it comes alittle quicker! So excited and ready for a new me

I am paying my PS office $500 every two weeks so I...

I am paying my PS office $500 every two weeks so I can have 1/2 paid off by my surgery date then they let me pay off the other 1/2 over the next 6 mos. This just eleviates the stress of the $$$ portion for me. I don't want to finance or add to another CC. I have received so many wonderful tips and still love to go to the other blogs and read how you all are doing!

I come on this site several times a day to look at...

I come on this site several times a day to look at all the updates and to see how everyone is progressing. I get a little freaked out from time to time just really hoping that 17 days off from work is enough. That's my max I will have so I'm just praying for no complications and to be super selfish about laying low during that time.

I have learned and heard alot on this site, foods...

I have learned and heard alot on this site, foods to stay away from before and after surgery. What if I don't have a recliner, can i get up and down ok from my couch? Should I sleep downstairs for the first week. My surgery is going to be in Dec. any good ideas on what I should be eating and not eating during the colder months?

Thanks for all your help
Vacaville Plastic Surgeon

Several referrals from friends, my son had his ear lobes fixed after gaging them. I have not had my surgery so I will update my ratings afterwards. This staff is incredible so kind and encouraging. Dr. Klink is very informative and supportive. I am very excited for my procedure.

I know you must be excited. Only a couple of weeks. I am so glad I did it and I am doing great. Keep in touch.
u sound like me but when its done and our turn happy smiles, thankin yes love it no more rolls
i'm looking forward to that :)
I was ok on the couch, but you know a great idea someone suggested to me, they bought a recliner like this for the recovery. Good alternative if you don't want to purchase a full blown recliner. You can also rent a hospital bed for under $200. All good options. I bought my recliner wayyy before booking or planning the surgery at big lots for real cheap. Anyway, here's the link! You just can't lay flat. Oh ps I was able to go up and downstairs just fine. Carefully :)

This looks similar to a lounger I have on my patio, I'll just use that one. Good info on the stairs :) i laid on the couch after my ankle reconstruction last year for about two weeks that got wayyyy old :)
Thanks so much ladies!!! I have to keep remembering this is for me and noone else. Saint Joseph glad you are waiting and sounds like you have a great PS. You're right this is a great site, I've been on travel so it's nice to get back on and see everyone's updates and it keeps me grounded and not to nervous, I'm scared but still am excited to do it
iam shooting for sept.my hembgolin was low so have to wait but gettin there ,hey i have some family like yours i just try not to listen lol good lucky with your wt.lost and tt theres a lot of people on here to help u thur this i get on and dont want to get off i love this site
It's so hard not to have anyone to tell!! You are blessed with those three friends. I have a recliner but it's so awkward to lay back. I know I won't be able to do it. I'm going to buy wedge pillows for my back and legs and hang out on the love seat until I'm able to climb into my bed. I am do excited to move ahead with this surgery but Im waiting on two more consultations before I can decide! They are aug 8, 17 and sept 20. Ugh! I just want to get the surgery date set and deposit paid for! Good luck with your weight loss journey! I look forward to following your progress.
My surgery is scheduled for the 19th, our company closes down after Christmas and I am using a few vacation days so I will have 17 days off. I'm not telling my parents either, don't want them to worry. My kids are here to help and my husband as well as 3 close friends. Not telling anyone else so I don't have to hear all the negative people asking my why and you my friend...blah blah blah. I trust my PS several friends have gone to him, he does my botox and is very patient and kind, his staff is amazing. I sure am nervous about the pain, and everyone talks about sleeping in a recliner or hospital bed none of which I have. But I'm sure we will figure it out. I know how you feel about Christmas me to...I moved from Colorado and we had plenty of snow. It can get plenty cold here but not enough moisture and cold at the same time to get snow....oh how I miss it! Are you excited to move on with your surgery, I am... I am also using hcg to lose my last 50 pounds I lost 73 and have 50 more to go, can't wait until I am there!
New York2952 did you PS recommend someone for you to go to, or did you just pick one yourself?
Hi milosmommy!
I'm going to schedule for a December TT too. I haven't decided on a PS but I am down to 3, I think. It's a hard decision! Good luck with your weight loss and I look forward to keeping up with you and your progress. I cant wait until December. What an amazing Christmas gift to yourself! :-))
Hi Texasdreamer!
It is a hard decision, that's for sure...and Merry Christmas to you too, do you have an idea what day you would like to have your surgery on. One of the things I am excited about is the weather here in Northern Ca. where I live we don't get snow, so laying on my bed or couch sweating to death won't be a problem :) I look forward also to keeping in touch with you. It's nice to have a TT buddy :)
the massages are SUPPOSE to help the swelling go down, smooth out your skin, get rid of the lumps that you may have. they try to convince you to do 10 sessions which are expensive. i did one so far felt great even tickled a little bit lol. I go for my 2nd session monday july 30th
12-12-12 just cuz it's a cool date. And so I'll have 13 days to recover so I can pretend nothing happened. My family and in laws won't be very supportive and my sister in law is a huge bad-mouther/gossiper so I have to hide it from her. She takes all good things and makes them negative. And tells everyone she knows everything she knows. And my kids will be out of school so I can spend the holidays with them. Also, my mom is a teacher so she will be out and will be there if I need her. I just have to get up the nerve to tell her. She won't be very happy about it but she will support me.
What about your date? Do you have one in mind or scheduled?

And yea, the winter in Texas isn't really winter until January or February and it only lasts a month. I remember many many Christmases dinners cooking with my grandmother and sweating our rears off and having to break down and turn the AC on because it was too warm outside to just open windows. I really wish I lived in a state that had white Christmases more than once every decade. Lol
Wow that's great - you sound so good, I'm glad its moving along for you so well. I love to hear that kind of news :)
I am 6 days post op and feel like I could go back to work already! I'm taking it easy of
Course! But I'm not completely incapacitated! You'll do great! :)
NewYork thanks for the post!!! I'm excited, wish I was alittle closer to my surgery date but in good time!!! You all are doing amazing !
thanks Kimmers I am reading as many things as I can.There is so much great information on here, its awesome
You have the right attitude! Stay positive! and most of all your hubby is supportive, trust me you cant ask for anything more. My hubby has always been supportive with everything, it amazes me sometimes. I honestly believe he's part of my happy healing because through out all the pain he kept a beautiful smile upon my face. Your day will be here in no time. before i joined this site i was checking it out off and on for two years and i was impressed with the support team. I love this site. GOOD LUCK TO DEAR!!!! and make sure you keep us posted

Five months will go quickly so get prepared!!

I am so glad you joined us and I look forward to following your journey:)