3 Weeks Post Op -Feeling Pretty Good but Still Very Tight - Vacaville, CA

I am 35 and have had 3 children in less then 4...

I am 35 and have had 3 children in less then 4 years. The first of which weighed 9lbs.4 oz and each pregnancy I gained between 50-55 lbs. When my oldest started Kindergarden and decided that being the overweight mom was not for me. My youngest was about to turn 2 and I decided to make a life change. I exercised and changed my eating habits and lost my first 30 lbs in 13 weeks, that was in August of 2009.

Since then I have lost 15 more going from 170lbs to 125 lbs and I am about 5'5". I became a little addicted to getting my body in shape only there was one thing that I could not get passed, My CAT BAG..as my girlfriend calls it. The more weight I lost the worst it looked. Like a deflated balloon, it was so frustrating that I was working so hard to get in the best shape of my life but I still didn't feel good in a bathing suit, 1 or 2 piece. My girlfriend and I decided that we would do it together and be eachothers support. We did our research and interiewed 3 doctors all of which had great reviews and very prestigious credentials. I picking the last one we interviewed, he was local which was so nice when it came to PO appointments since my doctor saw me 3 times the first week, twice the second and third week, and once a week after that. His nurse even came to my house to give me a shot the day of surgery(preventative measure for blod clots)I had my TT on Dec 17,2010 so I am only 3 weeks out at this point.

I had so much worry going into this surgery, was it the right thing to so for me and my family. I struggled with this decision and am very glad that I went through with it. I am still in early stages of recovery but did not suffer too much pain just a lot of discomfort. I think the tightness is my biggest issue. I sometimes feel like my hips are being sweezed together. I have had some back ache as I expected but over all not that bad. I delivered all 3 of my kids natural with 2 having been induced with pitocin so I guess you could say I have a high pain tolerence. I look forward to feeling normal again and wonder when that will come. I still have numbing on my abdomen which I expected but just wonder when others have started to feel normal again and if the tightness does subside with time??

Vacaville Plastic Surgeon

Dr. K is such a wonderful Doctor. His whole staff was very kind and caring. He is very hands on and uses many preventative measures to unsure the best outcome for each patient. Out of the three doctors he was most impressive with his post op care, which is so critical as many things can happen within the first week if not watched closely. My experience with Dr. K and his entire staff has been nothing but pleasant. I am so thankful and am definate that I made the decision to have the surgery and chose the right Doctor.

Welcome to RealSelf!  Your tummy looks amazing.  And congratulations on all of the weight loss.  I bet you feel wonderful now.  Good for you in making this decision to get healthy and happy again.  Those babies do a number on out bodies..WHOA!

It sounds like you are coming along very well and have only the "normal" irritations.

The numbing and tightness all last for a while so just hang on.  I am 9 months out and still numb in the tummy.  My pulling and tightness eased up at about five months and the swelling ended at 7 months.  It all takes a while but so worth it in the end.  This is the best thing I have ever done for myself and would do it all over again if necessary.

I look forward to reading your posts and updates as you go through the recovery process.  Please feel free to ask any questions.