Hated them before, hate them more now. :(. Awful brachioplasty - Vacaville, CA

I have been wanting this for years, and I'm...

I have been wanting this for years, and I'm finally doing it. I'm using the same surgeon who did my (fantastic!) tummy tuck last July. I'm still very nervous because I want the results to be great. I don't want to be kinda happy with my arms, I want to be very very happy. I'm so ready to have these bat wings GONE! My pre op is today!

Very sore!

I got home late last night and have been sleeping, on and off, since. I'm very very sore but I'm anxious to see my arms today at my follow up appointment. Wow it burns!

Post op1 went great!

Ouch ouch ouch!!!! It hurts but I'm happy with the results so far!

I hate it

It's been 5 months since my procedure, and I hate how I look. My scars have healed horribly, they're visible in everything and my arms are flabby and fatty to boot. He didn't do lipo because it wasn't needed, he said..., but I really think it was. There was no good contouring performed and my scars are absolutely awful. I'm so bummed.
Vacaville Plastic Surgeon

I love dr. Klink, he took such great care of me for my tummy tuck. However, my brachioplasty turned out pretty bad. I sure hope he makes it right :(

I'm in the same boat as you!! My PS didn't even mention Lipo. I am left with arms that are still big, unsymmetrical and now I have a nasty scar to draw attention to them!!! Plan on getting a revision in Feb 2015, add Lipo and go with a different PS.
Wow, didn't your PS explain all the different options? i saw one PS who didn't and even though he did a good job on a face lift I was not convinced what he was going to do was good since every time I spoke with him during a visit for post Op for my daughter and asked he stated something else and was so short even during my special appointment that after reading and thinking that these scars are visible I want to have a good feeling and being confident upfront that I can trust what will be done. The other PS explained every different option and what the end result would be aside from not being able to predict the scars since everyone will heel differently but he saw my face lift scars were healed very nicely. After meeting with that PS I was very confident and he went through every step and my results are really amazing even if I say it myself but most people who know me forgot I ad the surgery unless I lift my arms straight up....even with short sleeves if i walk, stretch my arms forward or sideward you won't notice them.
Options? None were even mentioned. I didn't know there were any. I thought I did my homework but, now I realize I wasn't prepared at all. And my Post Op visits were a waste of visits. Except when I saw the NP. She really looked and felt my arms. She is the one that noticed the fluid in one arm and drained it. That's great about your scars!!
You are looking good. Everyday will be better and it is so nice not to have the bat wings or flappies as i called them. :)
So sorry for you. I hope that you have spoken to your PS. Maybe there is still swelling??
Most PS will do a revision to make a patient happy, I would be running to my PS office if I were you. Granted this revision most likey would happen in his office if you don't want to have cover the cost of a OR. I have heard it's not uncommon to do 2 surgeries when doing the arms. check out my pics you will see that I have a lot of excess skin where the underarm meets. That is a very important area to be addressed in order to give you a slim arm appearance. In your photos it doesn't look like that area was addressed enough.
How is this procedure done in an office?
My face lift was done in a "office" too, but I assume that the person is referring to the similar "office" setting as my other PS has. That is behind all separate exam rooms he has a complete surgery room/facility and he hire an aneasthesic and he has a surgical nurse. My daughters breast enlargement was done there as well. His office is next to a smaller hospital and in case of an emergency he is right there but for risky surgeries if he even will do them he will use the hospital for the surgery. The PS that did my arms uses a hospital and for this arm surgery incl. lipo I was almost $ 1000 cheaper off after payment to doctor, hospital and aneasthtics which were separate bills.
That makes sense:) My surgical center and anesthesia was $2050. I didn't think that was bad at all. It's amazing how they charge so much less for these types of surgeries compared to a medically related one.
I'm so sorry to hear about your experience and he should have taken out way more and performed lipo....but I'm not a doctor but base this on what my doctor is going to do upcoming Friday and I'm getting lipo with this surgery and my weight is right now 119 lbs but my wings still will get lipo prior to skin removal...I'm no very skinny but I'm 5'3
I'm sorry about your experience. In a month I will be undergoing a (T-scar) arm lift & very nervous. Hopefully, your arms will contour to your desire shape.
I don't blame u for being disappointed. The doctor should've removed much more than he did. I had the same thing happen to me 13 years ago. It happens!!!
I didn't do the drain. Anyone else get away without doing the drain
I had legs and arms done same op and with lipo, never had drains at all.
I didn't have drains either. Not sure what determines that?
I didn't have a drain after about two days. And realistically, my arms should have a revision, but I don't want to go back to Mexico. That being said, I am 67 years old, and while I wish I had perfectly shaped arms, my arms are so much better. The scars are quite neat and will fade. I think we are too hard on ourselves. Sometimes better is good enough. It's the expense for less than perfect that is most painful...
I didn't have a drain. I also had to have fluid drained from one of my arms two - three weeks after surgery. Don't know if that was a result of no drains or not.
I agree with you.. I am two weeks post op. who knows how I will heal in terms of scarring.. as far as fat? I have a bulge I am not thrilled with we'll see what happens as time goes on.. however, My arms are now proportionate to my frame. I would rather they came out thinner.. but my dr. explained some of the things that can happen when they tke too much ( numbness in hands and lower arm..nerve damage) Hey. No one put that fat on my arms to begin with except me ! I m grteful to have a chance to look better.
Looks great. Did you have lipo done on the arms too?
No but I wish he had. I asked and he said it wasn't necessary. I'm no dr. But I think I needed it.
Thanks for sharing your review. How is your recovery going?
It looks great! Post pics as you progress and best to you! Happy Fourth!!!
Please keep us posted. I hope you're recovering well!
Good luck! I'm sure all will go well and you'll LOVE it! I'm going in for my arms on July 17th! Can't wait!