Hated them before, hate them more now. :(. Awful brachioplasty - Vacaville, CA

I have been wanting this for years, and I'm...

I have been wanting this for years, and I'm finally doing it. I'm using the same surgeon who did my (fantastic!) tummy tuck last July. I'm still very nervous because I want the results to be great. I don't want to be kinda happy with my arms, I want to be very very happy. I'm so ready to have these bat wings GONE! My pre op is today!

Please keep us posted. I hope you're recovering well!
Good luck! I'm sure all will go well and you'll LOVE it! I'm going in for my arms on July 17th! Can't wait!

Very sore!

I got home late last night and have been sleeping, on and off, since. I'm very very sore but I'm anxious to see my arms today at my follow up appointment. Wow it burns!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Post op1 went great!

Ouch ouch ouch!!!! It hurts but I'm happy with the results so far!

I didn't do the drain. Anyone else get away without doing the drain
Looks great. Did you have lipo done on the arms too?
Thanks for sharing your review. How is your recovery going?

I hate it

It's been 5 months since my procedure, and I hate how I look. My scars have healed horribly, they're visible in everything and my arms are flabby and fatty to boot. He didn't do lipo because it wasn't needed, he said..., but I really think it was. There was no good contouring performed and my scars are absolutely awful. I'm so bummed.

I'm in the same boat as you!! My PS didn't even mention Lipo. I am left with arms that are still big, unsymmetrical and now I have a nasty scar to draw attention to them!!! Plan on getting a revision in Feb 2015, add Lipo and go with a different PS.
Wow, didn't your PS explain all the different options? i saw one PS who didn't and even though he did a good job on a face lift I was not convinced what he was going to do was good since every time I spoke with him during a visit for post Op for my daughter and asked he stated something else and was so short even during my special appointment that after reading and thinking that these scars are visible I want to have a good feeling and being confident upfront that I can trust what will be done. The other PS explained every different option and what the end result would be aside from not being able to predict the scars since everyone will heel differently but he saw my face lift scars were healed very nicely. After meeting with that PS I was very confident and he went through every step and my results are really amazing even if I say it myself but most people who know me forgot I ad the surgery unless I lift my arms straight up....even with short sleeves if i walk, stretch my arms forward or sideward you won't notice them.
Options? None were even mentioned. I didn't know there were any. I thought I did my homework but, now I realize I wasn't prepared at all. And my Post Op visits were a waste of visits. Except when I saw the NP. She really looked and felt my arms. She is the one that noticed the fluid in one arm and drained it. That's great about your scars!!
Vacaville Plastic Surgeon

I love dr. Klink, he took such great care of me for my tummy tuck. However, my brachioplasty turned out pretty bad. I sure hope he makes it right :(