Silicone 490cc Under Muscle - Utah

So the big day was yesterday December 5th. I had a...

So the big day was yesterday December 5th. I had a breast lift with 490cc under the muscle. On surgery day I was 5'8" tall 118lbs and a 32a that I wasn't even filling out the top of. I have breastfed 1 of my 2 kids for a month and my second child for around 16 months. While breastfeeding my breasts got up to a 36E and after stopping and loosing the baby weight I lost all the fullness in my breasts and had extra skin left over. I had a consultation with the ps in August of 2011 and ended up having to get a surgery before I was able to schedule my breast lift with augmentation. After I was all healed from my surgery I went in for a second consultation and scheduled my surgery for December 2nd. December 2nd came and my surgeons office lost power due to high wind storms so I was rescheduled for December 5th. I went in hoping to get an implant around 400cc but my surgeon said my body was just hiding the implant so I ended up with 490cc which still seems really large to me but actually gave me a look I'm happy with. They seem to fit my body well. I am tall and slender but still have wide shoulders and hips so the new girls give me more of an hourglass shape instead of a pear shape like I had before.

When I woke up from surgery I was in way more pain than I was expecting and I think I cried most if not all the way home and I was regretting my decision. When I got home and got into bed and was able to take a percocet I felt a million times better. I tool a valium 3 hours after the percocet (which does nothing for pain and was hurting really bad about an hour later but had to tough it out for two more hours when it was time to take the percocet again. I took 2 percocet the next time and 2 more 4 hours later then I figured out if I take 2 percocet then 1 valium 3 hours later then 2 more percocet 3 hours later its enough to stay on top of the pain.

Today December 6th is my first day after surgery and I'm feeling a bit better already. I was able to take off the tightly wrapped ace bandage and I think I got used to it being on and actually preferred it that way even though at first it was the most uncomfortable thing and made it feel like I couldn't breath. I was also able to unhook my bra and see how the new girls look, I was pleasantly surprised so far.

Tomorrow is my first post op appointment so I'm crossing my fingers everything goes good.Updated on 7 Dec 2011:Just got back from my first post op appointment and so far so good. I'm supposed to start massaging them now as well as take 2000iu of vitamin E a day to help with the scar formation around the implant. They feel pretty swollen and tight right now so hopefully that subsides soon. I will try and post some pics soon.Updated on 8 Dec 2011:Day 3 post op, feeling better everyday. I was able to take a shower today. Having my bra off wasn't the most comfortable thing. I have been massaging like I'm supposed to. Both breasts are still swollen. They seem better after I massage them though. Not much pain today, incisions are a bit sore is all. I will post some pictures when I figure out how, I may not be able to do it on my phone so I will try on the computer later.Updated on 9 Dec 2011:Day 4 post op. Not much change from yesterday still taking 1 percocet every 6 hours but that's an improvement from day 1 taking 2 every 6 hours and valium in between. My chest is really tight still, I find myself hunching in on myself to relieve the stretched feeling. Still liking my results, wish swelling didn't last so long. I'm ready for the final results.Updated on 21 Dec 2011:Went for my 2 week post op on the 19th and got some of my stitches out. So far so good, they are dropping into place and I'm happy with the size I tried on bras and fit into a 34D. One more week and I can take off the medical tape over the incisions. The swelling is mostly gone and there is no more tight feeling.

I hope you can post pictures soon! I'd love to see how the 490s look on you -- nervous I'm going too big with 400s...

Just curious who your dr was and wanted to know if you reccommend him?
Dr Stephan Ralston, yes I would recommend him. I also know 3 other girls that got implants from him over the past 15 years and they all recommend him as well.
Hi Tori, I just read your post on mine. I'm so glad everything went well for you, yea the first day was no joke! I actually prefer not wearing a bra when i'm sleeping, with the bra on it just feels so tight and heavy for me. But everyone have different feelings toward things :P

Again get plenty of rest and I have been taking the meds every 8 hours, if it's really painful, take 2 percocet. Hope you feel better day by day and I'm dying to see your pics!
one more suggestion, I started using cold compression method yesterday to help with the swelling. And it really works! I use two eye gel patch things that I got from Ross, connect them together, put them in the freezer for an hour or so, then tie them around the upper chest area for 10 - 15 mins. It really makes the swelling go down quicker and feel softer afterwards. Dont do this if u r still in a lot of pain or numb, start after a week or so. Good luck~
Thanks for the suggestion I will try that once I get feeling back. The swelling is driving me nuts. Pain is fine as long as I take a percocet every 6-7 hours if I wait longer than that I'm really hating myself. Ice packs sound like heaven right now but I think your right about waiting for feeling to come back first.

Thanks for sharing your story here on RealSelf. I'm tall with curves, too, but flat! I'm a little envious of you. :0) I'm looking forward to following your journey as you heal. You're going to look just great!

Congrats on your new surgery! Is everything still painful?
Today is day 2 after surgery and I feel a hundred times better.