I have wanted work done on my breasts since I had...

I have wanted work done on my breasts since I had my daughter in 1994. I have 3 children total and life has taken its toll! Have my augmentation scheduled for May 1st- 550cc high profile saline. Lift after implants are where they are going to stay. Doctor doesn't want to do it all in one surgery. Looking forward to feeling like a woman again. Love my PS. No matter how brutally honest she is.

Had a mammogram scare

I had gone for a mammogram a week or so ago and got a call back while I was traveling home a couple of days ago. Doc's called and said they would like to get a closer look on something.. Had set an appointment for next Monday and the mammography center called me in early (Friday-yesterday). To make a long story short the spot they found isn't of a concern and I am now fully cleared for surgery!! Pre-op is April 22nd and after speaking with daughter and husband ( my 11 year old is a very honest kid) we all agree I should go bigger than originally planned. I have been wearing my rice sizer's around so that it's not such a surprise to everyone when I am post op. My PS had told me she would not do the surgery unless I quit smoking. I quit that day, I am now 12 days no smoking and realizing I should have done it sooner! Anyway, wanted to share my scare and let everyome know.. I'm getting boobies! :)

2 Weeks 2 GO!!!

I am beside myself! I think the next 2 weeks is going to drag on. :) Have my Pre-Op next Tuesday, have my "sick time" scheduled off work.. Got my "mom-sitter" all set up for myself ( my sons GF is coming to take care of me :)) Going to spend this weekend with the in-laws for Easter and hope after that time flies!!! Hope you all are doing well!

Had Pre-op yesterday

I am adoring my doctor at this point.. I thought I had chosen 550- she said nope you chose smaller, so got that straightened out. She told me that she was very proud for me to quit smoking. Stated a lot of patients haven't. Tomorrow marks my 1 week until surgery and I am completely obsessed! Everything is boobies! Already got my post op bras, got my meds ready. My entire surgery is paid for- with cash... Didn't want to owe any credit companies.. I apologize for being all over the place but wowsers am I excited!!!!!

3 days and a wake up!!!!!!!

Down to the wire and the closer it gets to the surgery the more obsessed I become. Surgery center called after I broke my phone on Friday, got the message late that night. I am supposed to call them on Monday... Not sure why, just hope it's routine. Have everything set up, medications within arms reach of my recliner. New bra's, new button up shirts for a while and "lazy girl" clothing for the beginning. Have quite the entourage going with me to surgery. 2 out of the 3 of my kids are going to be there as well as my sons girlfriend. Not much more to update. Will make sure I get the afters.. A little scared considering this is just the implants and not the lift yet (wouldn't it be wonderful if my body just ignored gravity) :)... Good luck to all!

Less than 48 hours now!!!

I am down to hours!!!! Final cleaning done by my amazing 17 year old son. Making sure there is no chance of mom getting sick from the house. Sent off my daughter's boyfriend off to Bahrain, she will be without him to have my grandson this this Nana has to get back in to tip top shape! Also found out my 20 year reunion is the 6th of June.. Please let the "ladies be in a semi settled spot" :)

Waiting for surgery team.

15 minutes until surgery!!! Not looking forward to the pain bit definitely looking forward to the future and boobies :) will share afters as soon as I get done!

Owie!

So I can honestly say the first day was a breeze. Meds were all I felt. Today--- a lot of pain and bleeding out of where my pain pump is. Very swollen, causing pressure-- vomiting a little. Pictures are on my phone will try to get them up ASAP. Need to get more rest. Hope all are doing well.

Pictures of day 2

Wanted to share with you guys pictures of day 2. I have pain pumps (which I TOTALLY recommend). I have become swollen to the point of bleeding through my pain pump spot. Advice-- USE ICE!!!! I wasn't very diligent yesterday ( of course I was on cloud nine with all drugs and the reality of new boobs). Today I was very diligent- kept boobs and incisions iced and swelling has gotten so much better! Will be trying to post every day.

Rough one

Been down most of the day. Still on the very swollen side. Held down only a few things like celery and vanilla ice cream. Not sure if it's pain pills. Have given up on the anti nausea because it was obviously not working. It was giving headaches as well. Husband got to come home and hang. Started feeling better after he got here and told him maybe he was all I really needed :). He asked if I had any second thoughts. I just said I didn't like not feeling good but not a second thought.. Wishing I could have had the lift at the same time so I don't have to deal with all this pain again, but oh well! Would be nice if I didn't have to worry about a lift, but I am not going to kid myself. Sorry if I sound grouchy.. I think I am :)

Day 3 After- Bye Bye pain pump

Doing great today. Looking forward to my first real meal since surgery. My husband removed the pain pump for me. He's a champ. Only felt a little discomfort on left side when he pulled it out. Have only had one pain pill today. Took a walk halfway around the block with my daughter. Glad to be feeling like a human again. I'm attaching some updated pics. Everything seems to be healing well.

Slowly but surely!

Made it through a half day of work. Swelling still very pronounced but slowly settling. Pressure more than pain with swelling. Did notice that percocet slowed down the BMs and had to make sure I was eating fruit to help the process ????.

12 days post- doing great!

Still feeling like there's something weighing heavy on my chest.. oh yea, they're called boobies! Almost at my at my 2 weeks and can't believe how much things have changed.. I can almost sleep on my side!

18 days post

Well been kind of busy with work and kids... figured maybe I deserved a moment to myself to visit with my lovely friends here! Okay.. so the ladies are making their slow journey down.. have still had to take my pain pill at night because of the discomfort. This Thursday marks my 3 weeks and I will finally get to sleep without a bra! Nipple and incisions spots have been very sore. Have dealt a lot with the booby blues... good news is I have boobies still!!!! You'll have to excuse my messy bathroom pics. My kids aren't very good housekeepers.

30 day post op

It's been a while since I have been on here. Trying to get over my ugly duckling phase and keeping to myself. Breasts are finally starting to feel like they belong to me and not just foreign objects :). Get the zingers everyone talks about 2 to 3 times a day. As you can see from the picture I got my first sunburn of the season. I always start my season really burned and from here on all it's all tanning :). I still am not allowed to carry anything over 10 pounds, still no pulling or pushing. I can feel when I'm going against docs orders :). I see my doc on the 4th for my 1 month post op. I'm in hopes I'll still hear "don't think you need a lift". If she thinks I'm gonna need the lift I'm waiting until January when I don't have to worry about overgrowing weeds and missing out on fishing :). I noticed yesterday at the pool I received more attention than usual. Still deciding if I like it or not. Thank you to all the women who have been here to help me along the way. There's one in particular that I want to thank-- Redglory. One day I hope to actually meet her, she's beenot such a blessing. Love all my RS ladies!!!
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Absolutely amazing doctor. Was very thorough, always thought about my health first. Tricked me into quitting smoking and couldn't thank her enough for that. When in preop she had me try on the biggest sizes because she said the biggest regret women have is not going big enough. Very thankful for that cause there's no regrets here :) Does beautiful work. Would recommend to anyone!

Hello, it's been a little while since your last post and was wondering how you are doing? I'm here on the Western Slope too and currently getting consults. Sounds like you are very happy with the PS you chose and wondering if you would mind commenting or p.m.ing me on that. I'm having a BA and TT. Thank you, can't wait to hear from you!
Hey lady! Just wondering how you are and if things are working out for your daughter to come home?
OMG Footes! you look super!! Very very natural! They lifted up the upper pole area and makes you have that more natural look instead of the "I need to nurse a baby!" look (like I have -- yes I know I have only been 4 days post-op) do you know what I am try to say in writing?? LOL. Really hoping you don't need the lift. Keep us posted.
Yours look beautiful! I would be more than happy, I would be sooo sooo happy if mine will look even close to yours in 4 weeks!
Thanks! !!
They are looking amazing!! I think you will be good! It's crazy to see how fat they have come in 30days!
Thanks girl! How you doing?
Well Hello Gorgeous! Yes, we love all the new attention in bathing suits! I read an article about sunburns. I don't know if it works. If you steep earl grey tea in a gallon of water then soak a hand towel in the tea. Set the towel on the sunburn for 30 minutes. It's suppose to change from sunburn to tan right away. Like I said, never tried it so I don't know. But I thought it was worth passing along. You are so sweet. I would love to meet you one day. I've never been to CO, but I've always heard how beautiful it is. I'm no doctor so I can't give an expert opinion but I think you look great. I'll be watching to see what your PS says about the lift. I think you are very smart to wait if she suggest doing it.
Thanks lovely. I'm going to have to try the tea thing. Absolutely hate the burn. Am doing a detoxification on my body. Gained 20 pounds from the quitting smoking and the surgery no moving. .. I really don't have a hard time losing weight just trying to start fresh with everything! Colorado is stunning. We get all 4 seasons- sometimes in the same week :). Usually fly through GA when we come to the east coast. So check this out.. my daughter is going to do the 4D ultrasound!!! My husband paid for it as my birthday gift (she's getting it done 2 days after my birthday)! I'll get to see my grandson early! We're also getting a teddy bear that his fetal heartbeat in it... so excited for that!
Oh wow Foote's that is so cool. I've never heard of the teddy bear thing. I bet when you fly through Georgia it's through Atlanta right? I'm in Savannah about 4 hours from Atlanta, right on the coast. Our 4 seasons are almost summer, summer, still summer and Christmas.
I would love those seasons. Although I'm a Colorado native- I hate the cold!
I hate the heat and I'm a native southern! Let's switch!
Did you try the tea thing?
No maam. Got too lazy. :) I'll explain more when I get a minute to update. :)
Looking good!
Thank you sweetie. I went to your profile. I think you chose correctly with the HP. They are going to be SPECULATOR! Baby steps :)
Thanks!
Great progress. Why can't you work out your legs?
Thank you for the compliment I think I meant to say my legs were the only thing I could work out. :)
Ok. Lol
Today I am 4 weeks post op. I had mastopexy and augmentation. Basically, they cut off about 31/2 inches off each breast,then lifted and placed in an implant. I am still having healing issues. The incision under both my breast where all three incisions meet is not closing. Any advice?? I clean them with hydrogen peroxide two times a day and apply neosporin to them as well. I still have to place gauze underneath with a sports bra due to leakage.
I use LOTS of vitamin E oil in my incision are, but I have no leakage. Also, my doc gave me some brown tape to keep on if I needed or felt the incision opening. Have you spoken with your PS? I didn't end up with the lift (and so far were thinking I may not need it). Also, I would post a pic on here and ask the docs on here. I'm sorry I can't give you a better answer than that. I'm here if you want to talk though!
Looking good Footes. I can't wait to sleep without a bra, even walk around without one would be nice.
Thank you beautiful. You too!!! I never thought I would be so happy to be without a bra. It's the little things my friend :)
Love the shirt, you look beautiful. Great news about the lift.