Never Too Late - United Kingdom, GB

I want to share my experience in the hope that it...

I want to share my experience in the hope that it encourages others to take the plunge. MissIndigo has been a terrific source of inspiration and I hope she won't mind me mentioning her.
I will be 50 this year (and no, it's not a mid-life crisis) and I couldn't picture myself being stuck with these for the rest of my days. 20 years from now, maybe, but I'm not waiting to find out!
Naturally I feel nervous, but mostly I keep dreaming of them just a little more perky. (Maybe one pencil instead of five!)
I have put a few pictures on as I think it's important to see the changes to come, and honestly, I knew it was bad, but they look even more droopy in these photos than I'd imagined.
From the age of 14, I always thought I drew the short straw in the boob department as they've always drooped, consequently, I've NEVER gone without a bra, always worn bra sized swimsuits (very expensive too) and generally kept them covered as much as possible. Confidence in the bedroom was nil, unless I could dance around in one of my hammock type bras, which of course was not great for my husband. He, on the other hand sees no reason for this surgery, as he thinks they're great, but he's prepared to support me in my decision.
Right now, I feel incredibly hopeful, for what's to come and would like to extend my thanks to all the girls that have allowed me to peep into their lives and share their journey too.

Well folks, I've just updated some day 10 photos...

Well folks, I've just updated some day 10 photos as I know everyone is always interested in the results. I know without a shadow of a doubt how improved they are, there was just a little bit if me that wanted the nipple higher up, but my surgeon has explained that I have to allow for the natural dropping that occurs which forms the tear drop shape. He admits to overpacking the tops (with my own tissue) to allow for this, and tells me that the nipple will point outwards and they will look less false. I also know from all the gazillions of stories I've already pored over that time and patience is essential.
As a matter of interest to the maturer ladies out there, I can tell you that I had a mammogram the Monday before my lift, that showed a mass on the left, followed up with an ultrasound and biopsy on the Wednesday to be given the all clear on Friday Feb 1st. Panic over and surgery went ahead on the 4th Feb as planned. We did have a few nerve wracking days, but so far so good.
I've been having a few pangs of guilt, as I feel like I've deceived a lot of friends and family. I've told very few people as I couldn't stand being judged and talked about etc. So I guess I have to say a big thanks to all the ladies out there who share their ups and downs, I'm so glad to have you to turn to, as I know each and everyone of you understand why we do this.

Hi everyone. Quick update at the 3 month mark. All...

Hi everyone. Quick update at the 3 month mark. All is well and they are settling exactly as my surgeon said they would, and I've stopped obsessing about my nipple height. I finally understand that I do have a low mammary wall and this is a determining factor in how high the nipple can be placed. The reality is, these are the best they've ever been and I am so glad I had the surgery. Scars are still a little tender and I continue to sleep in a soft support bra and also wear non wired bras in the day, otherwise I do have an awful ache and burning sensation. Other than that, I'm still on cloud nine. Can't hold a single pencil either!

It should be Mr Graham Offer

It should be Mr Graham Offer
Dr Graham Offer

My GP urged me to use the BAAPS website to explore my options and I had appointments with 2 hospitals and made sure one of these consultants also did work for the NHS. (My surgeon should read Mr Graham Offer not Dr)

Your girls are looking great! :)
Thanks ladyjay45, I'm appreciative of a compliment now, as I can finally believe they do look great, for THE FIRST TIME EVER! I wish you luck and hope that you have a speedy recovery and a fantastic result.
Hi ilovebarbados how are you doing? just wanted to ask if the price you paid is the equivalent in dollars or what you actually paid in pounds?
Hi there, brilliant reveiw, thanks for the insight, really helpful for those of us researching the procedure! And fantastic result, you look awesome! :-)
Thanks eddy787, it just gets better! Will be posting new pics soon.
Wow! Your breasts are amazing!
Thanks so much for the compliment. I'm so pleased to be able to agree with you. For the first time in my life I can really say (and believe it) that I DO have great breasts. :o)
you looooook greaaaat! breast r amazing getting a lift too
what did you use on your scar
Hi therealher I'm 26 days done and am not using anything on the scars yet as they're still taped (micropore) 24/7. I let them air after bathing but my nurse said to keep them taped as it helps to keep the scar quite thin. We shall see....... I do have the palmers dry oil ready, once I get the go-ahead. Good luck and keep in touch x
How are you getting on?
Hi there, all is well at the 3 week mark. I've NEVER had breasts as good as these and I'm deliriously happy with the results, there's just that little bit of me that wanted higher nipples, but I realise that this was to prepare me for the time when they sag again!! I need to be thankful for now, after all, this is a time to celebrate. Roll on the next few weeks, I'm so excited for the coming changes - will keep you posted. How about yourself?
wow you have an amazing result, congrats xx
Thanks janeellie - let's see what the coming weeks bring x
Hi, I think you look fab :-) I had a breast lift 5 weeks ago, and like you I think my nipples seem too low. They have changed slightly and do look slightly higher than they did when I was only 2 or 3 weeks post op. I think you're right we lose sight of how bad they were before and maybe expect perfect boobies! We need to wait and see and remember how much better they are! Well done for having the balls to get it done! I've had mine done just before my 40th milestone birthday and you're right it's never too late x
Hi jonesi1973 I'm honestly looking forward to the next few weeks and shall be measuring for reassurance. My left boob pre-op was a whopping 31cm so I'm hoping to have diminished at least 4-6cm and that will do for me. Do you have any pics that you are able to share? You can always pm me if you prefer. Bye for now x
You look amazing! Give it a few weeks though- things will settle x
you will look wonderful I had a tt and boob uplift on 21st January, boob lift was painless, look forward to seeing your after piccies xx
Thanks Janeellie I'm so excited and just hope I'm happy with the results, although I'm so dissatisfied with what I have right now, that anything that lifts these babies will be an improvement. I have everything ready, so it's just the weekend countdown, then it's all over....will post pics as soon as able. Thanks for the support (no pun intended) Bye for now
lol - you will be amazed with the results even with all the swelling xx
You are right! It's never too late! I also am the big 50 but didn't want to regret not at least trying to look better. I had a lift with silicone implant(330 cc) 6weeks ago and I am so happy I did it. My recovery was pretty rough for a few weeks but I feel great now and am very pleased with the results. My husband also wasn't keen on the surgery but agreed to go along with it for me. Now he loves them because my self esteem is so much better. I would totally recommend this surgery to anyone. Of course just do ur research and choose a reputable surgeon and follow his/her instructions. Don't over do it because that will make your recovery harder. Good luck and welcome to Club50!!!!
Hey bamagirl Thanks for the welcome, although I have a few months until I'm an official member of Club50! I have every intention of making the most of the recovery time, and enjoying the changes. I'm looking forwrd to wearing a bikini this year for the first time in 34 years! When that happens, I know it'll have been worth it. Fingers crossed.
That's very kind of you to mention me in your post! And I'm glad you've had the courage to post pictures up- I know it's not easy! Have you got everything ready for your operation? X
To be honest, I've used your notes as a guideline but did wonder about the laxative comment and wonder if its a "must" have or just precautionary! I've picked up a 100cm straw pack which can be cut to size and am just waiting for the front closing bras to arrive. You won't be surprised to know I'm not sleeping well for the dreaming and excitement to come and have everything crossed that it all goes smoothly. Hope you're still pleased and how are you finding your recovery after 5 weeks?
The recovery is very smooth thanks, although I imagine it must differ from person to person- as for the laxatives, constipation will be a side effect of the antibiotics and the painkillers so maybe get some 'fybogel' (sachets for water) as these helped a lot. Well done on the straw! (Although you might get some odd looks from the nurses!) not long now! Excited for you x