Never Too Late - United Kingdom, GB

I want to share my experience in the hope that it...

I want to share my experience in the hope that it encourages others to take the plunge. MissIndigo has been a terrific source of inspiration and I hope she won't mind me mentioning her.
I will be 50 this year (and no, it's not a mid-life crisis) and I couldn't picture myself being stuck with these for the rest of my days. 20 years from now, maybe, but I'm not waiting to find out!
Naturally I feel nervous, but mostly I keep dreaming of them just a little more perky. (Maybe one pencil instead of five!)
I have put a few pictures on as I think it's important to see the changes to come, and honestly, I knew it was bad, but they look even more droopy in these photos than I'd imagined.
From the age of 14, I always thought I drew the short straw in the boob department as they've always drooped, consequently, I've NEVER gone without a bra, always worn bra sized swimsuits (very expensive too) and generally kept them covered as much as possible. Confidence in the bedroom was nil, unless I could dance around in one of my hammock type bras, which of course was not great for my husband. He, on the other hand sees no reason for this surgery, as he thinks they're great, but he's prepared to support me in my decision.
Right now, I feel incredibly hopeful, for what's to come and would like to extend my thanks to all the girls that have allowed me to peep into their lives and share their journey too.

you will look wonderful I had a tt and boob uplift on 21st January, boob lift was painless, look forward to seeing your after piccies xx
Thanks Janeellie I'm so excited and just hope I'm happy with the results, although I'm so dissatisfied with what I have right now, that anything that lifts these babies will be an improvement. I have everything ready, so it's just the weekend countdown, then it's all over....will post pics as soon as able. Thanks for the support (no pun intended) Bye for now
lol - you will be amazed with the results even with all the swelling xx

Well folks, I've just updated some day 10 photos...

Well folks, I've just updated some day 10 photos as I know everyone is always interested in the results. I know without a shadow of a doubt how improved they are, there was just a little bit if me that wanted the nipple higher up, but my surgeon has explained that I have to allow for the natural dropping that occurs which forms the tear drop shape. He admits to overpacking the tops (with my own tissue) to allow for this, and tells me that the nipple will point outwards and they will look less false. I also know from all the gazillions of stories I've already pored over that time and patience is essential.
As a matter of interest to the maturer ladies out there, I can tell you that I had a mammogram the Monday before my lift, that showed a mass on the left, followed up with an ultrasound and biopsy on the Wednesday to be given the all clear on Friday Feb 1st. Panic over and surgery went ahead on the 4th Feb as planned. We did have a few nerve wracking days, but so far so good.
I've been having a few pangs of guilt, as I feel like I've deceived a lot of friends and family. I've told very few people as I couldn't stand being judged and talked about etc. So I guess I have to say a big thanks to all the ladies out there who share their ups and downs, I'm so glad to have you to turn to, as I know each and everyone of you understand why we do this.

Hi there, brilliant reveiw, thanks for the insight, really helpful for those of us researching the procedure! And fantastic result, you look awesome! :-)
Wow! Your breasts are amazing!
Thanks so much for the compliment. I'm so pleased to be able to agree with you. For the first time in my life I can really say (and believe it) that I DO have great breasts. :o)

Hi everyone. Quick update at the 3 month mark. All...

Hi everyone. Quick update at the 3 month mark. All is well and they are settling exactly as my surgeon said they would, and I've stopped obsessing about my nipple height. I finally understand that I do have a low mammary wall and this is a determining factor in how high the nipple can be placed. The reality is, these are the best they've ever been and I am so glad I had the surgery. Scars are still a little tender and I continue to sleep in a soft support bra and also wear non wired bras in the day, otherwise I do have an awful ache and burning sensation. Other than that, I'm still on cloud nine. Can't hold a single pencil either!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

It should be Mr Graham Offer

It should be Mr Graham Offer

Your girls are looking great! :)
Thanks ladyjay45, I'm appreciative of a compliment now, as I can finally believe they do look great, for THE FIRST TIME EVER! I wish you luck and hope that you have a speedy recovery and a fantastic result.
Hi ilovebarbados how are you doing? just wanted to ask if the price you paid is the equivalent in dollars or what you actually paid in pounds?
Dr Graham Offer

My GP urged me to use the BAAPS website to explore my options and I had appointments with 2 hospitals and made sure one of these consultants also did work for the NHS. (My surgeon should read Mr Graham Offer not Dr)