Ultrashape Does Work if You Don't Go Here

Ultrashape does work if you don't go here and...

Ultrashape does work if you don't go here and you know what to look for to maximize treatment. I had Ultrashape performed. A series of 3 treatments on my thighs, buttocks and abdomen. I only lost 1 cm per treatment which was quite perplexing for me as, other than these stubborn spots, I am quite fit. I am 5"7 and 140 lbs. I exercise avidly, weight training 2 days per week, elliptical trainer 3 times a week for an hour, and run 10 kms. twice a week. Everywhere but my trouble spots I am cut.

After much research into Ultrashape I discerned that I am the perfect candidate so I forked over almost $10,000 to the {edited} which lauded the same results put forth in clinical trials by Ultrashape. The problem is that they don't observe the working protocol in order to achieve the results.

Most pointedly as contained in an abstract from a clinical trial: Thirty six patients between 21 and 60 years old, 33 females and 3 males with diagnosis of lipodismorphism, were treated for localized adiposities in several parts of the body: abdomen, flanks or/and tights in three sequenced sessions of approximately 1000 ultrasonic pulses each one, made one month apart.

I received half that number of pulses in each treatment, hence my below average results. So I went looking for more information and discovered this: The patient´s position affects fat thickness and texture. Position 3 causes more thickness and the fat is softer. It can be improved with the help of elastic banding and specially designed cushions.

Utilisation of elastic banding and cushions: Cushions are used to position the area to be treated as parallel as possible to the surface of the treatment table and to improve patient comfort and stability. Banding is used to approximate the end of the ellipse in order to reduce tension and to increase fat thickness in the area to be treated with the Ultrashape.

The technicians who worked on me basically laid the tape on me , barely applying any pressure to the fat which did not isolate it for the machine to be able to pick up the number of pulses it would have required to give me the full treatment I had paid for!! Nor did they use any cushions to position me even though the special Ultrashape positioning pillows and cubes were on another table in the room.

When I asked one of the technicians what they were for she was at least honest and told me they were for positioning patients but that I didn't need them! I just laid out flat on the table with a tiny little pillow under my head. I fully believe that they are aware of the proper working protocol because the last technician I had was a really kind woman and took pity on me because I'd just had my measurement a month after the second treatment and still only a centimeter of loss in all 3 areas. She did my last treatment and she cinched me up tight with the tape for the first time!! It's 8 days later and I've lost 4 cm already around my butt!!

So it does work but you have to make sure the place you have it done is ethical and not trying to prey on people like me who just desperately want what they pay for to work. Thank god I had that one last treatment because I had actually started to buy in to the nasty consultant feeding me that there are some people it doesn't work for.

They did allow as how they'd be so kind as to let me pay for as many more treatments as I need at the rate of $800 apiece. At the rate they do treatments that would have only cost me about another 10 grand or so. The transducer, which is the handheld piece of the Ultrashape machine, has to be replaced after so many pulses and it's expensive so between doling out the absolute minimum pulses they can in order to produce just the most minimal results and preying on the fact that they know even the littlest improvement could cause people to continue to throw good money after bad they have got quite a con job going on here. I tried every day this week to get the consultant on the phone and left message after message.

She knows I've figured out their scam and thinks that ignoring me will make me go away. She does not know me very well. I am meeting with a class action lawyer on Monday and am hoping that others who have had similar experiences will want to join me. There are so many people on the web who have not had good results that I have to believe that there are other places out there conning people too. This is the start of my internet campaign to enlighten people like me as I wish someone had done for me before this company ripped me off..

One of the technicians who performed one of my procedures did tell me that Dr.  had recently decided he couldn't do liposuction anymore and I know that is much more expensive so I theorize that he's looking to replace that revenue by reducing the efficacy of Ultrashape in order to prey on people who hope and pray that Ultrashape will work and suck them dry of all the money he can.

To tell how many pulses you are getting, the...

To tell how many pulses you are getting, the number appears at the bottom of the monitor right after they position the markers on you. There will be the number of pulses on one side at the bottom of the screen and another number next to it which reflects the pulses counting down as they’ve been administered. There’s no reason that you shouldn’t see that number and if you’ve been taped properly and aren’t too skinny for the procedure it should be in the range of 1000 or more pulses per treatment area which is 36 cm x 36cm, the size of area used in the clinical studies for Ultrashape.

The clinic I went to said it was the size of 2 of my hands, which incidentally are 18 cm long but only 13 cm wide. Another way of reducing the efficacy of the treatment… I have corresponded with several people who have had good results with their treatments and they all said that they were taped up so tight they could not move in order to isolate the areas treated.

The tape should be a Tensoplast type stretch adhesive bandage, not the stuff they basically just laid on me to no effect on me which was akin to packing tape and took 4 days of labor intensive scrubbing to get the adhesive off. All these factors designed to make what I paid for work as minimally as possible…

If I learned just one thing from this experience it’s pay attention and don’t take anyone’s word for anything!!

Laser Rejuvenation Clinics and Spa in Calgary Alberta, Canada

Thank you, I am sitting in the said office and now gonna leave. THANK GOD for your blog:)
Blessings to you
Hi out there... I am from Calgary and I have a consultation for this new ultershape machine. My question is, has anyone been or gone to have tightening (the skin) or lipo done. This clinic is based out of their home, I am spectacle about it, they said it is new and that their business is starting to sky rocket... Any feed back would be great
Thank you so much! You're an angel for posting this. I truly hope you get your lawsuit through. I'm about to try ultrashape in Finland (there's only one machine in the whole country!) and I'm going to ask everything about the procedure in my consultation, in order make sure they know what they're doing. I'm going to keep my eyes open during the session as well!
I also have an appointment at Shiva Medi spa in Calgary next week. Does anyone know if they have had more positive results and reputation than The Laser Rejuvenation clinic?
Anyone knows a good and HONEST place for ultrashape in Vancouver?
I am also in Calgary, and I am not sure if this place is new or not (Shiva Medi-Spa and Esthetics) and they are offering the UltraShape. Does anyone know anything about them? I am considering in getting this done as well, but don't want to be screwed.
Taping is soo important.. also the more adipose tissue you have the more you should lose.. the transducer sends the sound waves to a focal point at 1.5 cm deep.so its very important to "puff up" the muffin top as much as you can with positioning and taping...anyone can use the machine, but positioning and taping take critical thinking skills(especially if the patient moves)
Thanks everyone for all your feedback - I will definately reconsider this procedure. Looks like even tho it's approved for use in Canada that doesn't protect us from dishonest clinics. Taking advantage of a gullible public seems to be big (and profitable) business these days.
Thanks for the write up. Does anyone have info on the clinic in Winnipeg?
Thanks again, you have been very helpful with this information! Time to look at alternatives I think! I will keep checking back on your comments, interested in knowing how you make out! GOOD LUCK and Good on you for taking a stand!
I just found this website after booking the Ultra Shape treatment at the mentioned Calgary clinic...my apt is for this Wednesday...I just noticed today that the proceedure has been removed from "thier" website - does anyone have an update on what's going on or if they are maybe not going to continue this treatment...I have paid a $300 deposit...but would try to get it back & go elsewhere if anyone could give me another Calgary contact to consider for a similar and effective treatment. Thank you soo much for whom ever did start this posting, you may have helped many people make an informed decision! Any more info on other Calgary options would kindly be appreciated! Thanks again!
I'm keeping m y ear to the ground but as yet nobody else offers it here. They had such a good scam going! I'm stunned if they stopped conning people. Perhaps somebody is suing them for ripping people off. I sure hope you don't waste your money with this clinic. I'm still hurting from all the $ I lost...
Dr. Liu or any resident who sees you with the UT Sw Med Ctr charged (when I went there in Oct 2008) $125 for the consultation and for photographs to be taken. They use the photos during surgery cuz the fat looks different when you're laying down than when you're standing up. I don't know if the $125 went up, but the gal who told me about the med school had a breast augmentation a few years earlier and the consult/photo price was $75. Good luck!
Dr. Jerome Liu. The UT SW Mdl Ctr's main phone # is 214-645-3100. Maybe it's the best-kept secret in town! They also do laser hair removal, FotoFacial, all kinds of cosmetic stuff that you can get quotes on.
Lisa-- Thanks so much for the info! Do you happen to know if he charges for a consultation? karen
Hi Lisa-- I am also in Dallas and would like to contact the clinic at UT Southwestern. I've been trying to find contact information or website for the clinic, but so far, coming up short. Can you send me your doctor's name/number or website? Thanks so much! Karen
Yes, it was ultrasound assisted. It's still healing but it's quite an improvement. There are a few lumps that I hope go down but if they don't after six months they can go back with a local anesth and suck it out. It was the Univ of Texas Southwest Medical Center Residents Cosmetic Surgery Clinic in Dallas, Texas. Graduates the top docs nationwide. My doc leaves in June to go into private practice in California. I can write to you off list the phone numbers and doctor's name if you want him particularly.
The UltraShape procedure was just on our local news in Dallas today. It's not available in the US yet. I had lipo in my ab and flanks area a month ago and am very happy with the results. I went to a medical school for it and it was about $3K, no real scarring except for tiny incision points. It was ultrasound assisted. Only a week to recover, 2 weeks to go back to light exercise, and 4 weeks complete recovery and instant results, though the doc says it will be 3 to 6 months before all the swelling has gone down. I just want to add not to be afraid of lipo, esp if you live in the US and this UltraShape is not approved by the FDA. I had considered a tummy tuck but didn't want the scar.
Lisa--I am in Dallas as well, and thinking of the same procedure. Where did you go? I don't guess you can post the contact info here, but if you don't mind sharing, my email is {contact info edited}. Thanks! -- Editor note: This user can be contacted privately by clicking on their username.
Hi, Can I ask the name of the med school you went to, that you liked your results? And you mustve loved the price of your procedure, I would imagine. Ultrasound assisted may have helped your contouring? Thanks!
So how did the appointment in Toronto go? I'm think of having the procedure myself and your advice would be greatly appreciated!
I heard recently that they are offering it but I think it's the same scam. I called and asked them if they price per pulse and, of course, they don't and were every bit as vague about the procedure as the {edited- names above and visible to registered users}. It would be just super if someone would provide it ethically here in Calgary but why would they when it's proved so lucrative for the other Alberta clinics to hose people like me. There's one born every minute...
This is all great info thanks- have you heard anything about the Calgary Vein and Laser Clinic? Do you know the cost difference between lipo and ultrashape? Thanks
From what I've been told lipo is cheaper and the results are definitive and certain. I don't want the downtime or the scars...{edited} has done a tummy tuck and lipo for a friend of mine and it was about $5,000 i think. It looked amazing except for the long bikini line scar... Editor note You must contact users privately to share provider information. To contact a user privately click on their username.
Hi, I was considering going to the Laser clinics seeing as they did such a great job with my laser hair removal. After reading this I'm a lot more afraid. I phoned {edited} office to ask if he does ultrashape and his receptionist said he only does traditional liposuction, so I guess that one won't be working out. I'm wondering if I go for a consultation with the laser clinic and make it abundantly clear that I'm informed and that I expect the 1000 pulses and the taping up if that would be enough. Are there any contracts to sign which have a fine print of no refunds...? Editor note: You must contact users privately to share provider information. You can contact other registered users by clicking on their username.